Skoda Octavia vRS TDI 240bhp

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Looks great! Where did you get the deflector at the top of the windsceen? Superskoda?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
im having trouble with the MTEC discs, noise sequeel and damage, they were correctly installed but have destroyed the pads on the front driver and rear offside. theres a clicking noise constantly, the brakes passed MOT fine though, anyone else have any experience with MTEC?

they are playing hardball and asking for the discs to test even though ive offered to take time off to go down and let them see and hear the damage, ive had an Audi tech take them apart and take pictures below. The car is a daily and theres no way to remove the discs without replacing them. Not sure what to do.? you can clearly see the scoring and pad damage, the noise is like a lollipop stick in a spoked bike wheel. theres no brake imbalance at all and run off was within tolerance. The car is not driven hard so i cant see heat would do this damage. Its not a stone or otherwise. is it just bad craftmanship?

View attachment 200766
View attachment 200767 View attachment 200768

Brakes generally work in pairs, in opposites, so those two being destroyed would make sense. Have you had any issues with the calipers or changed the brake fluid? Any issues with the abs unit?

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Brakes generally work in pairs, in opposites, so those two being destroyed would make sense. Have you had any issues with the calipers or changed the brake fluid? Any issues with the abs unit?

no issues with brakes/fluid or calipers. The originals which were in good condition were replaced and run off checked then after a few days started to get noisey which i assumed was bedding in for grooved dimpled discs. Personally i wouldnt touch MTEC with a barge pole again after the issues and the customer support was awful. Wanting to remove the discs effectively leaving me with no transport. they wouldnt entertain seeing the damage or acknowledging the images.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
i changed the fronts to brembo but the rear noise is still there unfortunately im stuck with the noise for now. The front and rear pads were shagged after about 500 miles, lesson learnt no more grooved discs, dimpled only!

bought some sonax stuff to try out if i can get a dry day sunday ill do the whole car. the BSD is brilliant as is the wheel extreme.

20180816_201236.jpg

this is the BSD below and its the easiest detailer ive used.

20180809_091004.jpg

BSD after two weeks and four washes! no treatment on this at all and its still beading and its only a detailer/water displacer.

beads.jpg

Last edited:

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
you can only take so many pics of a clean car...so did a quick snow foam and rinse, It doesn't need much washing as the BSD and Sonax shampoo seem to last ages. I got a new gadget which i'm impressed with, makes moving around with the hose so much easier, no more swearing!

20180821_171050.jpg.9bce5b561fb09a99b84e47a061764ef5.jpg

20180821_171055.jpg.53ede852a3109c6fcb47070902afa4f4.jpg

20180821_175041.jpg.43d6568014ec8652fe401091605ec3a2.jpg

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
you can only take so many pics of a clean car...so did a quick snow foam and rinse, It doesn't need much washing as the BSD and Sonax shampoo seem to last ages. I got a new gadget which i'm impressed with, makes moving around with the hose so much easier, no more swearing!

20180821_171050.jpg.9bce5b561fb09a99b84e47a061764ef5.jpg

20180821_171055.jpg.53ede852a3109c6fcb47070902afa4f4.jpg

20180821_175041.jpg.43d6568014ec8652fe401091605ec3a2.jpg
Perfection. Absolutly love this. Credit to you.

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Sweet! Steven at one stop fit that for you. Great garage, he looks after my b8 a4 avant.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I got Dee's exhausts to lift the rhs box as i wasn't happy with the height here's a shot from the rear. i think ill switch to carbon twin tips as well as these are not suited to this style exhaust i think. They look a bit feeble now?

twinexit.jpg

these are real carbon and slightly offset on each side which would match the angle of the diffuser. (opinions welcome) (might have to crowd fund them, they are £300 PER SIDE!)

ER-CB09_1.jpg

Last edited:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I got Dee's exhausts to lift the rhs box as i wasn't happy with the height here's a shot from the rear. i think ill switch to carbon twin tips as well as these are not suited to this style exhaust i think. They look a bit feeble now?

View attachment 209267

these are real carbon and slightly offset on each side which would match the angle of the diffuser. (opinions welcome) (might have to crowd fund them, they are £300 PER SIDE!)

View attachment 209270

They are nice but £600 nice I'm not sure

I was looking at this site for tail pipes and think their range is very nice!

Carbon Fibre Tailpipes - Choose from over 200 Tailpipes styles available

This site also do similar looking tips for a better price

Carbon-fibre-Stainless-steel-Exhaust

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Next up is to retro fit the top of the line stereo from a MY18 octavia. Currently i have the 5" screen and Bolero MIB1 unit which is the most basic head unit you can have. Seems the PO skimped in this area when speccing the car, a mistake in my eyes. I've got my hands on a Facelift 8" flat screen and Amundsen MIB2.5 head unit from a MY18 write off. My Bolero doesnt have sat nav, android-auto, carplay etc, this new unit has all that plus wifi, a much large higher res HD screen. Its expensive and ball-ache to do but at least its all factory fitted. I would be a bit worried about fitting a chinese andriod unit as they can be hit and miss when functioning with the canbus.

The unit has to have component protection removed at the dealer (£125), then sent to CZ to have carplay installed and the full functionality programmed into it (£180). The second hand screen is £300 and the head unit with nav is £200 + skoda nav/map card £50. Its got a much sharper screen and you can add any android app you want.

old unit... 5" screen no nav etc.

bolero.jpg

MIB2 HD flat screen and head unit from a 2018 vRS should look like this...
bolero3.jpg

bolero4.jpg

Attachments

• bolero2.jpg
    bolero2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
I have a GPS antenna for £5 if you haven’t got one yet.

Also Belfast Service Centre can remove CP, should be around £50.

Sweet, ill call them tomorrow, Ive got the power mirrors and genuine shark fin off the same VRS, i will probably have the roof drilled and then resprayed in blackmagic, ive got another fakra GPS antenna from TPS to do in the mean time. thanks anyway.