We Buy Any Car Belfast

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
This is actually really useful info to know in this thread.

Might sound odd, but your location might be working against you too. Car looks great but folk round Bangor who are interested in a car of that calibre won’t like the miles. Bound to be interest in it if it was located in mid-Ulster. My limited experience, I’ve noticed people can think Bangor is really far away and won’t travel to look.

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
@Lyons it's easy aslong as you are honest in your appraisal. Haggled me down a bit for a chip in the wheel because it was diamond cut.

Really annoying as i had tried to sell the car for months and they sold it in 4 days!!

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
For those of you that have sold to Hurst, what’s the process?

How thorough are they and have they haggled with anyone based on defects found?

If I remember correctly I filled in the form online and they sent out an offer pending an inspection. I then phoned and booked the car in for its inspection. On arrival I spoke briefly with the sales guy (buyer in this circumstance I suppose) who went out and checked over the car. Now I will admit that on the morning I went around the car and touched up a few stone chips and used a bit of silver hammerite on the marks on the alloys (were there when I bought the car from CH) and it had also been washed and quick coat of a quick detailer so it was looking pretty good. Anyway the guy spent 5 mins checking sound the car max, he started it and drove it around the block at CH and then came in and said the original offer stood. As it was only £1k less than I paid 17 months before hand I accepted it. Money was then transferred into my account after completing a bit of paperwork. For me it was pretty easy and painless.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
OP
NI_Volvo_Nut
Drives
Volvo's!
How come you went with Hursts £1100 cheaper offer?
Yes, CH Bangor, with what's going on with my father in law at the min I just needed the car away, Conor is a good lad and I'd rather see him get a turn at it than some auction house

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
I'd the same problem trying to shift my Audi S3 recently, it took 7 months and in that time i only had 1 email from a guy with a stupid low offer. In the end a guy came over from Luton and bought it at the weekend there, and he was an absolute nightmare to deal with, asked me could you drive from Belfast to London, thought Belfast in England and even missed his flight the morning he was to come over.

I'd have probably looked at these sites more closely if i knew it was going to be as much hassle as it was!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
To follow up, I booked my car in to Hurst earlier. The guy had a look round, took it for a drive and offered £150 less than the online quote. With minimal effort I got it back up tot he £15k. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the amount, but happy with the overall experience and pleased that they didn't try to low ball me. The offer stands for a week now so if I don't get any interest elsewhere I will be taking it in.

Definitely recommend it to anyone else in a similar position.

midgelfc

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 630D GT
I’m surprised you didn’t get more interest.
Me too, full service history, body condition great. Was actually priced the 2nd cheapest s3 for age miles etc in the uk and also was the only 3 door listed on usedcarsni multiple times.

Gone now, still got a price i wanted but a bit gutted at the guy who took it, first thing he did after transferring the money was get in the car and start to smoke...but hey it's his car.

Glad you had a good experience with the hurst car buyer, i put the s3 details WBAC just out of interest and it was £2.5k below what i got from selling private

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
@Petem86 when you dropped the car off at City Auction, was there any hassle over price, or did they pay the amount they said they would?

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
@Petem86 when you dropped the car off at City Auction, was there any hassle over price, or did they pay the amount they said they would?

There was no issue at all, the guy went and drove it, checked all panels for alignment, suprisingly thorough to be honest.
when he gave them the phone call, it was in my bank a few minutes later. no questions, nothing.
Added the 50 quid on for bringing it to them without issue too.

then seen the car about 3 weeks later and a dealr around the corner from my house, for nearly 4k more than i sold it for....unbelievable.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
There was no issue at all, the guy went and drove it, checked all panels for alignment, suprisingly thorough to be honest.
when he gave them the phone call, it was in my bank a few minutes later. no questions, nothing.
Added the 50 quid on for bringing it to them without issue too.

then seen the car about 3 weeks later and a dealr around the corner from my house, for nearly 4k more than i sold it for....unbelievable.

Good to know, thanks! I had a call back at lunchtime from them, offering a fairly reasonable price, so was just wondering if there would be much hassle when push came to shove and I dropped it off, or had it collected. Cheers!

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Good to know, thanks! I had a call back at lunchtime from them, offering a fairly reasonable price, so was just wondering if there would be much hassle when push came to shove and I dropped it off, or had it collected. Cheers!

I actually made sure there would be no effing about, and I guess as long as you're truthful about the car it's grand, the guy said "what we quote is what we pay" so hopefully it goes well if you go for it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
After a 2 week wait for the V5, it finally arrived yesterday so I took the A7 down to Hurst in the afternoon to complete the process. No change to the price even though it had been more than the 7 days it was held for. Change of ownership done and I was out within 10 minutes. Full amount in my bank a couple of hours later.

I’d definitely do it again (y).

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Boucher. When I first went in after getting the quote online they offered £150 less due to a small area of lacquer peel (which I hadn't even noticed), but they must've been keen to get the car because he took zero convincing to go back to the original figure!

He did say the price would only stand for 7 days, but to be fair to them there was no mention of an adjusted price yesterday even though it was 14 days later.

JonnyB23

RMS Regular
Just to keep this updated for future reference, Car Buying Group no longer accept dropping the car off at City Auctions in Carryduff, and only collect Monday to Friday here also. I'm going ahead with it so will update with the collection experience next week.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Just to keep this updated for future reference, Car Buying Group no longer accept dropping the car off at City Auctions in Carryduff, and only collect Monday to Friday here also. I'm going ahead with it so will update with the collection experience next week.

Lad I'm surprised yours has sat so long tbh. Hope it goes smoothly for you.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
To follow up, I booked my car in to Hurst earlier. The guy had a look round, took it for a drive and offered £150 less than the online quote. With minimal effort I got it back up tot he £15k. I wouldn't say I'm happy with the amount, but happy with the overall experience and pleased that they didn't try to low ball me. The offer stands for a week now so if I don't get any interest elsewhere I will be taking it in.

Definitely recommend it to anyone else in a similar position.
They offered me £15k for the A4 last week to lol

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Is that good?!
It’s better than Audi’s offer but Not for me.

2015 A4 TDI Quattro Black Edition Plus, 177ps, sepang Blue. Just turned 40k full Audi history, S4 front brakes, BlackVue front and rear dashcam, Gtechniq paint protection loads more done.

Dealer down here sold a
2015 A4 TDI 150ps Black Edition Plus with 70k miles for £17k.