Caterham 620s S3

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Side exit is meant to be pretty extreme lol.
I've had a Westfield and 2 Caterhams before and they all had side pipes, it's the way they should be. A 620 allegedly has quite a different level of noise with one.

Probably should be wearing ear plugs just for the road noise anyway.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Got a nice car cover.......

DSC_0127.JPG

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Well I finally got the side pipe on and sealed and after a quick drive seeing as the roads are clean.........

Conclusion is I'll need ear plugs for full throttle use, it's ok noise wise if you take it easy but It's bloody loud when it's on the limiter and very loud near it!:laughing:

Think it's a bit quicker too as the tyres where slipping in 3Rd on my test drive.

Definitely looks better with all the excess plumbing removed from the back!

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Very cool, looks great. I’m only out the road from you so maybe see it in the town some time? Lol

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
That's just outstanding! Could never get bored of that!
Mines an S so no sequential box and slightly softer suspension but otherwise exactly the same. I was a little put off the R by discovering 2 cars with only a few thousand miles that needed the Sadev box rebuilt at a cost of £3000.

Think it does 95mph in 3rd and a cold day its struggling for traction in 3rd.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You definitely don't want sequential if you plan any driving at all on actual roads among normal traffic (y)

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Getting the car cleaned up now as it's off the road for the winter

DSC_0149.JPG

Cleaning, replacing corroded screws, shocks out for cleaning, touching in stone chips
DSC_0147.JPG

Same at the front
DSC_0155.JPG

Got a new tunnel bag too, nice when you have somewhere handy to put things!
DSC_0154.JPG

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
What a manic little car lol are they easy to steer at speed? I had a go in a tame one at palmersport and it was immense fun could place its nose and slide its tail exactly where you wanted it

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
What a manic little car lol are they easy to steer at speed? I had a go in a tame one at palmersport and it was immense fun could place its nose and slide its tail exactly where you wanted it
How did you fit one?!?!? I'm 5'9" 75kgs, I've the seat right back and there's no space left at all.

I've always found them very controllable but this one is different so far in my ownership, it's quite skittish, like the tyres aren't biting much, I really think it's just the cold temps since I got it as when I first drove it in Brighton it felt fine sliding but the roads where nice and the weather was nice.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I was surprised myself that I could get in! It was snug but it was perfectly driveable. Yet I can't fit in an s1 elise