What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

brendy

RMS Regular
Idiots on the M1 changing lanes from lane1 to lane2 without indicating during darkness hours. At least 3 cars pulled out as I was just about to pass them while at a steady 70mph. Also special mention to the complete tool in the dumper who pulled onto the road at the Colhannon Hotel heading back to the m1 leaving me to brake hard, that stretch is poorly lit anyway but with **** covered rear lights and proceeding to do 20mph the whole 700yds to the roundabout ..what an asshole.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
i dont tailgate, but i do weave and use all of the road in bends where i have a view and its safe, and drive in the middle of the road, your taught it on advanced riding and driving and the even police training. its not illegal, the white line is only paint.
as for a possible dui behind, we'll never know. maybe just a wan*er

Advanced driving would state very clearly 'Never ever sacrifice safety for position' so that is something never to forget when using the road surface to its maximum

Not saying you are not being safe but be mindful as your comments can be interpreted in so many ways on a public forum!

(y)

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
thats the prime reason why id love access to a fleet of old bangers and a box of dash cams.. sometimes those drivers deserve having their car rearranged.. shame it screws up my insurance and thats assuming anyone that cuts me up has their own.

Insurance being affected by non fault accidents and having a car I take pride in is the primary reason I avoid hitting cnuts that pull that crap. Still boils my blood though

NotKG

Banned
agree with others. . bad practice to drive like that and in breach of the highway code so technically you can be prosecuted
A broken white line. This marks the centre of the road. When this line lengthens and the gaps shorten, it means that there is a hazard ahead. Do not cross it unless you can see the road is clear and wish to overtake or turn off.

same goes for chevrons . no one obeys the rules on them
Areas of white diagonal stripes or chevrons painted on the road. These are to separate traffic lanes or to protect traffic turning right.
  • If the area is bordered by a broken white line, you should not enter the area unless it is necessary and you can see that it is safe to do so.
  • If the area is marked with chevrons and bordered by solid white lines you MUST NOT enter it except in an emergency.
Laws MT(E&W)R regs 5, 9, 10 & 16, MT(S)R regs 4, 8, 9 & 14, RTA sect 36 & TSRGD 10(1)
your contradicting yourself there.
broken white line, unless you can see , what the fk use is breaking it if i cant? a death wish.
i never mentioned diagonal lines surrounded by solid lines, nor the middle of the road.
and at a junction with white chevrons (broken) your allowed in them, just need to be sure your able to see all around and anyone coming out.
the highway code is a simple handbook to help new users. its not a book of law, its advisory and helpful.

NotKG

Banned
Advanced driving would state very clearly 'Never ever sacrifice safety for position' so that is something never to forget when using the road surface to its maximum

Not saying you are not being safe but be mindful as your comments can be interpreted in so many ways on a public forum!

(y)
being safe is the best way, but we're human, mistakes happen

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Not annoyed, but actually humoured me. Just how irate some people get when you flash at them. I briefly flashed at a lane hogger today, they moved in but then as I passed he did a swerve over the white line into my lane. When I passed he then floored it and tail gated me flashing his lights.

At the weekend I did the same with a white TT (just a brief flash, nothing aggressive) and as I passed she had a complete meltdown and was waving the fingers at me like some sort of psycho.

I literally laughed out loud on both occasions. Then proceeded to wave and put the hazards on, just to wind them up a bit :grinning:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Not annoyed, but actually humoured me. Just how irate some people get when you flash at them. I briefly flashed at a lane hogger today, they moved in but then as I passed he did a swerve over the white line into my lane. When I passed he then floored it and tail gated me flashing his lights.

At the weekend I did the same with a white TT (just a brief flash, nothing aggressive) and as I passed she had a complete meltdown and was waving the fingers at me like some sort of psycho.

I literally laughed out loud on both occasions. Then proceeded to wave and put the hazards on, just to wind them up a bit :grinning:

Ah, the self-appointed road police, who justify their exploits by saying "You shouldn't be going faster than XXmph on that road!!!". Just morons who don't know the rules of the road, but, you know, they couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong themselves, lol

NotKG

Banned
Ah, the self-appointed road police, who justify their exploits by saying "You shouldn't be going faster than XXmph on that road!!!". Just morons who don't know the rules of the road, but, you know, they couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong themselves, lol
i love a good pace, speed doesnt bother me if everyone is being safe and uber alert to the road for a little exuberant driving, not loony dangerous road racing.
think we've all been there.

last night ,
i along with 100+ passed on the left, a little blue hyundai in the right lane from m3 to ballyrobert, the whole way, no where near the limit of any part of that road. he blasted the horn at people as they passed. he probably turned left further down the road.

i hate people who turn left across bus lanes into a drive or street. (outside of lane times) seen one last week in dunmurry, the fella was coming from lisburn and a bike in the bus lane, and turned up the cutts, one blink of the indicator and the biker got it sideways to avoid the hit.
read the gawd dam signs, use the bus lane.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
thats the prime reason why id love access to a fleet of old bangers and a box of dash cams.. sometimes those drivers deserve having their car rearranged.. shame it screws up my insurance and thats assuming anyone that cuts me up has their own.
I was in my POS Peugeot at the time which I don't give much concern over but I still need it to get about (summer car doesn't come back out of hibernation for another few months). I would love to know what his logic for cutting me up and then getting irate when I showed my annoyance at his actions.

NotKG

Banned
I was in my POS Peugeot at the time which I don't give much concern over but I still need it to get about (summer car doesn't come back out of hibernation for another few months). I would love to know what his logic for cutting me up and then getting irate when I showed my annoyance at his actions.
middle fingered in a rotational manner. :joy:

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Friday 11th January 2019

The day when the concept of overtaking on a single carriageway died.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
The 2 people that were going up Church Road coming out of Holywood earlier this evening so slowly that I managed to overtake them safely without problems.

We're talking 10-15mph on a national speed limit road ffs.

Now I know it's a steep hill, but I used to manage 50 just fine in my old Aygo 1.0 with 67hp!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

LOL her mum is like that - "I am doing 70, I can be in this lane if I want"

No, no you can't

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
LOL her mum is like that - "I am doing 70, I can be in this lane if I want"

No, no you can't

Doing an indicated 70 so probably 65 lmfao

Too many Muppets sit in the overtaking lane when lane 1 is empty for a mile in front and behind

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Roundabout bottom of Donaghadee and Bangor Road in Newtownards. A @Nigelo favourite.

Coming from East St in left lane to go 2nd exit up Dee Road. Fella in a Volvo to my right in the right lane (marked right only) decides to join me going out my exit. Not sure whether it was pure ignorance or incompetence made him do it but I stuck to my line so he had to surrender. Blasted the horn hopefully waking him up a bit! Very frustrating