What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Turning left out of our house, looking right (coast is clear), pull out only to meet a car on each side of the road coming towards me.

Happens almost once a week.

Where we live if you’re stuck behind a slow vehicle the stretch of the road that we live on is the first straight for about 2 miles just after a bad bend so when people see the straight they just go for it.

Best of all is that when it’s me that has to take evasive action I get the dirty look and the horn blasted at me.

I’m thinking of contacting the council in the new year to get them to consider adding 50 yards or so of solid double lines around the corner until you are past the houses. Someone is going to get killed.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Turning left out of our house, looking right (coast is clear), pull out only to meet a car on each side of the road coming towards me.

Happens almost once a week.

Where we live if you’re stuck behind a slow vehicle the stretch of the road that we live on is the first straight for about 2 miles just after a bad bend so when people see the straight they just go for it.

Best of all is that when it’s me that has to take evasive action I get the dirty look and the horn blasted at me.

I’m thinking of contacting the council in the new year to get them to consider adding 50 yards or so of solid double lines around the corner until you are past the houses. Someone is going to get killed.

If it happens that regularly shouldn't you get into the habit of looking both ways :joy:

Sounds nightmarish but I hate being stuck behind slow drivers too so would probably be one of those d!cks haha

Get them to change the layout of the road to add a couple of hairpins to avoid overtaking outside the house?

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
If it happens that regularly shouldn't you get into the habit of looking both ways :joy:

Sounds nightmarish but I hate being stuck behind slow drivers too so would probably be one of those d!cks haha

Get them to change the layout of the road to add a couple of hairpins to avoid overtaking outside the house?

Problem is that it’s a blind bend just before our house so when I pull out it’s clear both ways and by the time I’m on the road you’re facing 2 cars.

Our council can’t salt the roads when it’s icy so a road layout change would be fanciful!

Double solid lines (no overtaking) for a few yards and a sign wouldn’t cost much and could save lives. There’s a good quarter mile straight after the houses with no properties on it so there’s plenty of road for overtaking.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Had a clinker today that bugs me and definitely becoming more common. Travelling down the motorway, no rush or panic, traffic is fairly light and no-one in the lane behind me. I am in the outside/right hand lane approaching an astra in front. I reckon I am possibly doing 5-10mph more than they are, I am sitting at speed limit. They politely move to the inside lane, as I continue at 70, but as I come in line with his rear quarter panel we begin to speed match. I am not gaining and he isnt pulling away, but I stay at 70 and he continues to possibly 85-90 maybe even more as he was long gone in no time.

Why do this? I was catching him fairly evenly for 1/2 a mile or so, and he moved over straight away as I approached, but then takes off like a bat out of hell as I pull up alongside. I had no interest in trying to “race” or whatever he was up to, didnt flash or have any interaction with him, he moved and gunned it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did he slow off and you catch him again?! That usually happens with me. I have no idea why some people accelerate away then ease off. And repeat.

Last edited:

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Did he slow off any you catch him again?! That usually happens with me. I have no idea why some people accelerate away then ease off. And repeat.

No, had that before, but on this occasion I stayed at 70, and lost sight of him a few minutes down the road. Genuinely baffling, so I just put down to him being distracted or something then realising as I approached.

SJM2016

RMS Regular
Drives
Green A-Class
Happened earlier this week, auld bint in a fiesta or Ka a couple of cars in front of me going down Boucher Road toward VW and the roundabout at Tates Avenue. She was in the left lane, at VW, sat in the middle of both lanes then decided to stick to the outside lane. At this point I had got alongside her (in the inside lane) and both took off from the roundabout with me heading towards Broadway, she then decides she's going to Broadway too after being in all the lanes and cuts me up. Had to slam on the brakes to avoid me hitting her.

Looked at her when we got to McDonalds and she was oblivious to everything.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
For 13 years (I think) I’ve been up and down the road from Belfast to fermanagh like a yo-yo and I’ve never ever witnessed driving like that of which I seen this evening :worried:

Literally nearly wiped out about 5 times on the way through the worst driving I’ve ever seen. Countless cars wandering across the road into the fast lane...
People doing 35 mph in the fast lane on the M1 because it’s a little foggy.... (DL reg VW UP)
Car pulls onto the motorway at dungannon and the absolute tit two cars in front of me in the fast land decides the safest thing to do is execute an emergency stop :mad: how the car behind me didn’t hit me I dunno...

Then to top it all, bit further up the road an abandoned/ crashed Honda Civic partly on the road and a police car sitting parked behind it with zero lights / warning marking out ! Cue another almost pile up

Be really careful out there folks

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
totally agree bout those drivers on west link inside lane and then trying to force their way in chose the proper lane and queue like everybody else you inconsiderate knobs

NotKG

Banned
that wee bit of fog, visibility hardly affected, and the car in front has rear fogs on, and the 1000 coming the other way have fronts on.
whatever happened to turning them off when a car approaches from behind, so people can see your fckin brake lights.
i had enough view to drive with just side lights.
you also realise that merc headlights are absolutely unnecessary, just rip out my eyes.
im getting blinded in a transit, 2ft higher up than anyone elses eyes.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
No, had that before, but on this occasion I stayed at 70, and lost sight of him a few minutes down the road. Genuinely baffling, so I just put down to him being distracted or something then realising as I approached.
I do this if someone is sitting in my flank.

Just level with my rear quarter panel, I slow down slightly, they slow down. I speed up slightly, they speed up.

The only course action that works is flooring it and putting about half a mile between me and them. They to back down to cruising speed.

I dunno if it's because it's a white insignia estate, that they are worried about overtaking an unmarked car. Seems to happen to me all the time

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
I do this if someone is sitting in my flank.

Just level with my rear quarter panel, I slow down slightly, they slow down. I speed up slightly, they speed up.

The only course action that works is flooring it and putting about half a mile between me and them. They to back down to cruising speed.

I dunno if it's because it's a white insignia estate, that they are worried about overtaking an unmarked car. Seems to happen to me all the time

Cops should have a specific model of car they can only use :joy: too many navy/black insignia estates about which look police-ish lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
I had some ejit behind me on the way home from the in-laws late on Christmas day all over the road and right on our back bumper. He/she was half on the wrong side of the road round blind corners and over crests as if they wanted to overtake, so for our own safety I decided to put the foot down and get a bit of space between us and them. It actually worked and they backed off thankfully but it left me thinking that person must be drunk. No one in their right mind would have positioned their car where they were on a dark badly lit country road.

NotKG

Banned
i dont tailgate, but i do weave and use all of the road in bends where i have a view and its safe, and drive in the middle of the road, your taught it on advanced riding and driving and the even police training. its not illegal, the white line is only paint.
as for a possible dui behind, we'll never know. maybe just a wan*er

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
@kenG Awk aye, if the view was clear and he wanted to overtake I wouldn't have minded but he was just sat on our back bumper, veering across to the wrong side of the road on blind corners (left handers included) and crests for about a mile and a half :confounded:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
i dont tailgate, but i do weave and use all of the road in bends where i have a view and its safe, and drive in the middle of the road, your taught it on advanced riding and driving and the even police training. its not illegal, the white line is only paint.
as for a possible dui behind, we'll never know. maybe just a wan*er

Maybe less people should be taught to drive this way though.

The number of old or inattentive drivers I encounter on country roads driving in the middle of the road who have to take abrupt and dangerous (unsettling body geometry) evasive action is astronomical.

I find it borderline dangerous to drive in the middle of the road on country roads (proper ones with no markings)

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
wait till your down country roads with the grass growing up the middle. it one side or the other :joy:

Those are the best kind of roads lol, hilarious in the South that they have posted signs of 100kph yet motorways are 80/100kph always makes me giggle

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Why does every single Nissan Juke I see have it's its fog lights on???? Twats

I mean those are fogs at the bottom aren't they?

led-Phares-nissan-juke-tuning_6191.jpg

Also BMW gurus, do BMW M4s not have autolights?

There was a balloon on the m3 (ironic) in an m4 with just the front DRLs on. t**t