Mystic Metallic E46 M3 Manual

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Thanks everyone!

An E46 meet would be cool @Kernohan94 - I’ve already said I want to get some pictures along with @Jordy Technoviolet one.

Nice job sir, as mentioned before thats one heck of a daily!

Thanks Neil! Thankfully I don’t have to daily it all the time, I’ve been driving one of the Peugeot 5008’s from work for a bit now. It really does feel like an occasion to drive when you’re used to a 1600cc French Diesel! :joy:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I look forward to seeing this in the flesh. Looks great. I’ve thought about getting an e46 a few times, I wish they came in a 4 door.
Also the value is only going to go one way!

JackMO

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI
Nice one Jamie! Look forward to seeing it sometime. Must be nice getting what has been the dream since you were a wee nipper!! Enjoy it!

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Nice one Jamie! Look forward to seeing it sometime. Must be nice getting what has been the dream since you were a wee nipper!! Enjoy it!

Must get a look at this ED35 some time too, Will have to call round some time the coffee shop is open if you're around.

This +1.

After seeing this thread, went to the shed and held my own short plates against the car to see what they'd look like.

Short ones don't suit the wider boot recess on the E46 IMO.

I'm undecided. Agree on the front plate holder however, may get a full length gel plate made to match - I like the rear though.

But hey. I also have a set of full length Metro plates, with the M stripes - can always offend the other half of RMS with those :laughing:

Had the chance this week to tackle a few boring little jobs but importantly got a chance to have a proper inspection underneath. Inspection II had been carried out by BMW 2K before I got the car so I was confident enough it wasn't absolutely rotten so it was nice to get underneath and confirm that.

Some surface rust that needs tidied up and some sort of wax seal underneath will see it perfect soon enough. The rear spacers will be going, I think they must be 25mm by looking at them - fantastic stance but unfortunately on a b road at pace the wheel is catching the arches, nevermind with anything/anyone in the back! Will probably replace with some Bimecc 10 & 12's. Was nice to find a fairly fresh set of Eibach springs in the car too.

The two things that were really irritating me though was inside, the phone mount was just a waste of space the gearknob was beginning to fall apart and generally looked really tatty.

Untitled
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Untitled

Picked up some cupholders, a coin tray and an F10 M5/ZHP gearknob & gaitor from JKC (along with a small haul of cleaning gear from @Woodcutter ) and replaced them.

Untitled

Untitled

Arts and crafts were never ever my strong point but eventually I got the gaitor transferred onto the E46 surround. Feels much much better to drive with now and certainly looks an awful lot better than before. I have left the leather slightly tight for 5th gear, but I'm hoping after a while the leather will stretch a little.

Untitled

Untitled

Never got round to cleaning it and taking any pictures in daylight though (n)

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Must get a look at this ED35 some time too, Will have to call round some time the coffee shop is open if you're around.

I'm undecided. Agree on the front plate holder however, may get a full length gel plate made to match - I like the rear though.

But hey. I also have a set of full length Metro plates, with the M stripes - can always offend the other half of RMS with those :laughing:

Had the chance this week to tackle a few boring little jobs but importantly got a chance to have a proper inspection underneath. Inspection II had been carried out by BMW 2K before I got the car so I was confident enough it wasn't absolutely rotten so it was nice to get underneath and confirm that.

Some surface rust that needs tidied up and some sort of wax seal underneath will see it perfect soon enough. The rear spacers will be going, I think they must be 25mm by looking at them - fantastic stance but unfortunately on a b road at pace the wheel is catching the arches, nevermind with anything/anyone in the back! Will probably replace with some Bimecc 10 & 12's. Was nice to find a fairly fresh set of Eibach springs in the car too.

The two things that were really irritating me though was inside, the phone mount was just a waste of space the gearknob was beginning to fall apart and generally looked really tatty.

Untitled

Untitled

Picked up some cupholders, a coin tray and an F10 M5/ZHP gearknob & gaitor from JKC (along with a small haul of cleaning gear from @Woodcutter ) and replaced them.

Untitled

Untitled

Arts and crafts were never ever my strong point but eventually I got the gaitor transferred onto the E46 surround. Feels much much better to drive with now and certainly looks an awful lot better than before. I have left the leather slightly tight for 5th gear, but I'm hoping after a while the leather will stretch a little.

Untitled

Untitled

Never got round to cleaning it and taking any pictures in daylight though (n)

Job I am tackling this week on the E92, it looks so much better have been so scared to start cutting in case I balls it up :joy:

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Looks superb @JamieG95 welcome to the M fold :cool:(y) Are you joining us in deutschland later this year? :p
Cheers Rob! I'd love too, hoping dates/budget work out though. Said to Keith, when you have the plans nailed down let me know! Unsure if I'd take the M3 over, Brakes etc all need sorted before driving the ring!

Job I am tackling this week on the E92, it looks so much better have been so scared to start cutting in case I balls it up :joy:
Taking the gaitors off was the easy part, I didn't need to cut anything! Glueing the bugger on was the awkward bit! Well worth it when complete though.

Rms photographer with jpg as the reg :laughing: Nice colour!
It works well doesn't it, even better as its my initials! :joy:

Good job. Drinks holders are a great touch.

Cheers! No cupholders was okay with an auto, just didn't work with this! :laughing:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Lovely lookIng. That colour is nice. I had an e60 in mystic blue metallic and it looked great against silver wheels.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Good work, Cupholders are a must!! Really cant wait to get mine out again!!