Mystic Metallic E46 M3 Manual

DubsterACS

RMS Regular
Drives
911C2,ZX16v
Really like this, Mystic Blue is very rare. BMW did a limited run of special edition Williams F1 E46 M3's, Mystic is very close to the Williams Blue they came in.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Really like this, Mystic Blue is very rare. BMW did a limited run of special edition Williams F1 E46 M3's, Mystic is very close to the Williams Blue they came in.

Cheers! Had to google the Willimas edition as I'd never seen one before, it is a very similar blue! The interior of a Williams is questionable however....

Gave the car a quick clean in work on Saturday before heading up to PMG for cars and Coffee, it didn't stay that clean for very long...

Untitled by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Untitled by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

RMS Cars & Coffee by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

RMS Cars & Coffee by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
MOT time for the M3 now, I actually thought it was May and got a surprise when I checked.

New rear Discs, Pads, shoes & Dust shields arrived from JKC this week so along with a brake fluid change will have seen all of the brakes overhauled. I'm hoping to have some new spacers in the next week or so too, I can't wait to get the current ones removed.

Oh, that also meant MOT compliant number plates...:laughing:

Had it out a short drive when it dried up this afternoon, I really do love it. Needs more noise soon.

Evening Drive.
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Awesome Jamie. I have a real hankering for one of these at the minute.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Awesome mate, how much was the new gear knob and where did you buy? It’s on my to do list

It was about £50 I think, I got it from JKC in Coleraine. I can send you across the part number if you want (y)

Edit: I wish it was just £50, just noticed the invoice - £140 :laughing:

Last edited:

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Did you try an SMG at any stage? How did you find it?

I notice that a lot of the cars for sale have it and they don’t seem to demand as big of a premium as a manual.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Did you try an SMG at any stage? How did you find it?

I notice that a lot of the cars for sale have it and they don’t seem to demand as big of a premium as a manual.

I did look at them and some of them certainly aren't as expensive but I never test drove any as I was pretty set on Manual. I do know a few guys that have the SMG and get on fine with it, it's a bit clunky from what I can gather but once you get used to it. @Woodcutter M3 was SMG & @Jas Lad recently sold one, they will be able to advise better!

You'll notice a massive difference from the DSG in the Golf though.

RyanM3

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
It was about £50 I think, I got it from JKC in Coleraine. I can send you across the part number if you want (y)

Edit: I wish it was just £50, just noticed the invoice - £140 :laughing:
Yeah send me over part number, I’ll price a few different dealers just to see if there is any difference in price

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I’ve never driven an SMG, need to make sure the R goes today!

A quick test drive isn't enough to find your feet with SMG, it took me two weeks before I got used to it, the first week or so I thought I had made a huge mistake buying an SMG car, but once you get used to it you'll never look back.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
Couple of little jobs tidied up recently, other than that the M3 hasn't seen the road too much.

Quick clean and back to the shortie rear plate after MOT.

IMG_1565 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Finally addressed the spacers, when I got the car there was quite a wide set in the rear - later discovered they were 20mm. The car looked great sitting still but was horrible to drive, slightest bump or even full throttle and the wheels were catching the arch. Replaced these with 12mm up front and 10mm at the rear, massive improvement to the driving of the car and I think it looks better too.

Before:

IMG_1636 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr
IMG_1635 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

After:

IMG_1639 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr
IMG_1640 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

The front seats in the car were looking a bit worse for wear, took the opportunity to give them a good clean and try some leather repair dye to bring them back to life a bit. For the little it cost I'm very pleased. Buggered up a bit on the base of the seat, so will have to give it a go again!

Before:
IMG_1755 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

IMG_1756 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

After:
IMG_1817 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr
IMG_1812 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

With the great weather today and a rare day off work I managed to get Dad's TR7 and the M3 out for a run around the coast today - even managed to nab a free Creme Egg off @Woodcutter !

IMG_1806 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

IMG_1807 by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

57568420_2371677576209926_3241072670493638656_n by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
OP
JamieG95
Drives
F10 530d
What stuff did you use for the seats? They look fantastic!

I used the Carbon Collective Revive kit to clean them and then I got the dye on eBay, it was from a company called furniture clinic. All in I think everything cost me about £25 & half an hour!

You're not helping my attempts at resisting buying an E46....

Haha. Sorry! Are you still rolling about in the Passat or have you bought anything?

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I used the Carbon Collective Revive kit to clean them and then I got the dye on eBay, it was from a company called furniture clinic. All in I think everything cost me about £25 & half an hour!

Haha. Sorry! Are you still rolling about in the Passat or have you bought anything?
Still in the Passat unfortunately. Just haven't found anything that I really like yet.