Lease deals thread

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Where would be the best place to look for small car deals? Middle daughter has got a job that would allow a few quid for a car payments and release me from trying to keep her current motor running. :grinning:
Bear in mind I've never had hp or a lease deal in my life but I can read and understand things so just looking for a recommended starting place.. TIA
I see Halliday have tons of the wee Citroen c3 in stock .really nice little cars and the deal is £139 a month I believe .think there all like a year old or something along those lines .cant remember who it is on here but he is the salesman in Hallidays Bushmills .
@JamieG95

davyk31

RMS Regular
Go for the Fiat over a Citroen. Wouldn’t put my daughter in a little French death trap.

Look at VW Up and Polo as well.

Whatcar leasing site gives a good base to search various lease deals from all the manufacturers.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Go for the Fiat over a Citroen. Wouldn’t put my daughter in a little French death trap.

Whatcar leasing site gives a good base to search various lease deals from all the manufacturers.
Is the Citroen still like they were in the days of ax or saxo .i doubt there like that now surely as all manufacturers have moved on considerably from the 90,s when you say fair ,are you talking about the wee 500 as I would t put my kid in one of them personally as they look tiny .

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Where would be the best place to look for small car deals? Middle daughter has got a job that would allow a few quid for a car payments and release me from trying to keep her current motor running. :grinning:
Bear in mind I've never had hp or a lease deal in my life but I can read and understand things so just looking for a recommended starting place.. TIA

I see Halliday have tons of the wee Citroen c3 in stock .really nice little cars and the deal is £139 a month I believe .think there all like a year old or something along those lines .cant remember who it is on here but he is the salesman in Hallidays Bushmills .

Thanks @NickR85 / @zafturbo - @FM155 I have loads of small Citroen / Peugeot stock available in Bushmills. Deliver them all across NI for free too. The C1 & C3’s are our most popular, especially with younger drivers. The C1’s we have in from £89 a month and C3’s from £139 per month. No mad deposit either, just the same as a monthly payment upfront. The C3’s are all just a year old with under 20k miles and top spec models. Have a look at www.citroenireland.com to see them al and feel free to fire me a PM if you have any queries. :cool:

The little french death trap has a better euro ncap score than the fiat, jus sayyyyyyin :eyes: Citroen (&Peugeot) have come on leaps and bounds in build quality over the last few years.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Thanks for all the replies, will do some reading!!
Just back in from the garage after putting a new alternator in her current car, a 2003 Fiat Stilo with 130k on it that she has had for 5 years through uni and first couple of years of work. (y)

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I've found them to be ok tbh. Definitely not as flaky as the reputation would suggest. I've had 9 Alfas in all, 7 155's and 2 156's and we have 3 fiats at the moment all with 100k plus on them and I don't find them bad at all. The Stilo is getting a bit old now being a 2003 car but the daughter has done around 40k in it in the last 5 years up to Derry for uni and work so it has done alright.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
We just caught the tail end of a limited release of the Golf R estates, £2500 up front and £295p/m plus £9p/m for the deep black pearl colour, which is all they could get us, on a 36 month contract. Not as good as the deals 3-4 years ago on the hatches, but still cheaper than depreciation. Although we confirmed the order over the phone with Agnews on Monday, we've heard nothing since, despite sending an email yesterday morning, so we're getting a little apprehensive about the whole thing. :cold_sweat:

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
How reliable would they be over 3-4 years .i had a friend with an older Alfa and literally bits just kept falling of it for no apparent reason lol.

Who knows?! How reliable would any other second hand car of same age be? Mini has plenty of well documented problems for example but people still buy and enjoy them.

I’ve been happy with my 159 so far. The issue I think is that people generally don’t appreciate that all machines need maintained regardless of the badge on the front.

For example just this morning I’ve noticed a slight leak of coolant from my 159s hose that connects onto the expansion tank. Does that mean my Alfa is now unreliable and I should go online and complain?!! I’ve had the same thing on Golfs previously. But people nowadays are straight onto Facebook shouting about stuff.

I think if folk understand that cars cost money to run, and buy well in the first place, there’s no reason not to enjoy the likes of a Mito. Add in, fun to drive, not common, shared parts with Fiat etc I see no reason why one couldn’t provide a few years of fun service.

J-VW

RMS Regular
Picked up the GLA yesterday. Very impressed

20190322_111631.jpg

20190322_111926.jpg

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Have all the lethal BMW/Mercedes-Benz/vag deals disappeared the past few years? I feel like this thread and a similar one on PH used to have stonkers every day.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have all the lethal BMW/Mercedes-Benz/vag deals disappeared the past few years? I feel like this thread and a similar one on PH used to have stonkers every day.

Definitely not as many. Had a new A4 there for £4500 over 2 years. Now it's 10k for a Tiguan over 3. Volvo has had some decent deals recently.

Reactions: Ben

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
What do you reckon about this

Any thoughts on this?

1+17 £331pm on 8k
Volvo S90 Saloon
2.0 T5 R DESIGN

I'd probably do closer to 10-12k miles but the extra pm is buttons and most of it will be work mileage on 45ppm.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I have a question for those who have completed a lease. Do you have to service the car just before handing it back? Most cars would be on an annual service plan, so a service would be due when you are to hand it back after 24 or 36 months.

VW have a 2 year service pack for £296 which isn't too bad and would be great if it was all we'd need to take out and not service it the month we're handing it back after 3 years.

J-VW

RMS Regular
I have a question for those who have completed a lease. Do you have to service the car just before handing it back? Most cars would be on an annual service plan, so a service would be due when you are to hand it back after 24 or 36 months.

VW have a 2 year service pack for £296 which isn't too bad and would be great if it was all we'd need to take out and not service it the month we're handing it back after 3 years.

Got stung by this myself in Jan. Had the Octavia VRS on a 24 month lease finishing in Jan 19. Car was on long life 2 years or 20k whatever came first. Hit the 20k about a week before handing it back. Was told that if I didn't get it serviced before collection of the vehicle I would be billed for a service plus a penalty for not following the service schedule.

My current lease is with Merc over 36 months this time and the terms are slightly different, this time I can service the vehicle at any vat registered garage as long as genuine parts are used and receipts provided. The VWFS contract on the Octavia stipulated that I had to get the vehicle serviced at a Skoda Retailer.

Hope that's of some help mate.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Got stung by this myself in Jan. Had the Octavia VRS on a 24 month lease finishing in Jan 19. Car was on long life 2 years or 20k whatever came first. Hit the 20k about a week before handing it back. Was told that if I didn't get it serviced before collection of the vehicle I would be billed for a service plus a penalty for not following the service schedule.

My current lease is with Merc over 36 months this time and the terms are slightly different, this time I can service the vehicle at any vat registered garage as long as genuine parts are used and receipts provided. The VWFS contract on the Octavia stipulated that I had to get the vehicle serviced at a Skoda Retailer.

Hope that's of some help mate.

I wonder can I get away with servicing it a week or so late each time then the 3rd service won’t be due until after it’s back?

Wheelchair

RMS Regular
Drives
I wonder can I get away with servicing it a week or so late each time then the 3rd service won’t be due until after it’s back?

That's what I did with my 2 year lease. Left it til the last minute to book the first service, then Audi couldn't accomodate it before it was due - then by the time I had to hand it back it wasn't due another service for a couple of weeks.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Yes as above the best way with a VW lease is to get it on an annual service routine. Then book the first service a couple of weeks late as you have a four week grace period. That means the second service isn't due until two years and two weeks and if you are on a two year lease it is gone before the next service is due

Reason for going for the annual service rather than long life two year interval is that the first service is cheaper.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

Do you know what all is included in the 2 service pack? Is it both a minor and major? I thought nearly every brand was on a 2yr cycle now.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Do you know what all is included in the 2 service pack? Is it both a minor and major? I thought nearly every brand was on a 2yr cycle now.
On my R, the two year service pack included the first two services (for info my first one came up as due at around 9500 miles).