2018 Audi RS3 Ara blue

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Well that’s with reduced tyre pressures and stripped interior, not sure what it is at normal weight

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
I realised that I'd really like to know just how fast the car is so I downloaded a few apps to my phone for timing.

The best one seemed to be 'drag racer', it all seemed fine until I tried the first proper launch........... I recorded a 0-60 of 7.2 seconds.......... In an RS3 with 460hp 😂...............…. I subsequently deleted the app and started looking at Dragy as its got lots of great reviews and @Boydie has one!

Ordered this morning. Will see how it goes!

I'd never heard of this Dragy thing until I read this. I fancy one too!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
After always wanting one and having owned 2 months I came to the conclusion while it's a great car if anything it's less involving than an S3 and not worth the extra cost.

The traction control is more intrusive and can't be completely turned off so it slids less than the S3 and short shifts on 1st gear acceleration.

It's fast no doubt but it does not feel that fast and does not feel much quicker than the S3.......... just when you look at the speedo 😱

The noise and engine is great but the S3 soundakator thing sounds OK.

The technology is great in it, not too much, just enough...... really like that.

Extremely capable amazing car but a bit dull when you see past the looks and engine.

Soooooo

The S3 wasn't selling and I wasn't giving it away and I needed one of them sold......

The RS3 sold 😂

Back into the old S3!

Last edited:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
When you hold down the traction control for more than 5 seconds it turns it off completely in my S3 - not the same for the RS3?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
When you hold down the traction control for more than 5 seconds it turns it off completely in my S3 - not the same for the RS3?
Nope, it still short shifted and wouldn't slide at all, the S3 will a bit.
I'm not saying the S3 is fun to steer, it's definitely not but you'd expect an RS3 to be a bit fun.
Would you have kept the rs3 had you got the s3 sold?
Yes, both great cars and I wasn't to bothered which sold, I like them both.

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Really, I would expect it to be fast, very fast but definitely not fun. Do you still have the lotus?

zafturbo

RMS Regular
There must of been something wrong with it as when I hold the button to turn off traction control you can put it around in circles .mine defo switches it off .i totally agree it doesn’t feel overly fast above 70-80mph but they cover ground ridiculously fast .it would need to be a very fast car to keep infront of it over a good B road

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
There must of been something wrong with it as when I hold the button to turn off traction control you can put it around in circles .mine defo switches it off .i totally agree it doesn’t feel overly fast above 70-80mph but they cover ground ridiculously fast .it would need to be a very fast car to keep infront of it over a good B road
The big issue is that all cars are getting more and more uninvolving to drive as they get more tech and more kgs.

To me it doesn't matter how fast a car actually is, far more important is how fast it actually feels......... That's the fun bit!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
The big issue is that all cars are getting more and more uninvolving to drive as they get more tech and more kgs.

To me it doesn't matter how fast a car actually is, far more important is how fast it actually feels......... That's the fun bit!

Amen brother...couldn't agree more!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix

I drove a 997 turbo few weeks ago and my Evo back to back, the 911 was faster but the evo didnt FEEL any slower, bhp figures aren’t everything.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Amen brother...couldn't agree more!
Or a better way describe it is I'd far rather have a slow car that feels fast than a fast car that feels slow..........

Which is probably why I've never bought a supercar, the high speed is irrelevant in the real world and just makes them frustrating to drive on the road

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
I wonder if santa could bring me a McLaren F1 or even the new T90 (980kg 12000rpm limiter) ........ I'll be good 😂

I have a model F1 I bought 28 years ago, if only I could make it full size.

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Just seen this post lol RS3 didnt last long:joy:. Least you still have the Lotus, that will put a smile on ur face.
Mine always does. When i bought mine i would have never though i would have kept it this long, its been over 10 years and i don't think there is many other cars with the same level of fun factor but still with a roof and heater to keep u toasty:joy: , just dont get to drive it enough.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Just seen this post lol RS3 didnt last long:joy:. Least you still have the Lotus, that will put a smile on ur face.
Mine always does. When i bought mine i would have never though i would have kept it this long, its been over 10 years and i don't think there is many other cars with the same level of fun factor but still with a roof and heater to keep u toasty:joy: , just dont get to drive it enough.
My exact thoughts on the Lotus, it could be used every day but I wouldn't and its quick enough without being too fast........i do keep wondering if I should have bought a Cup250 though 😂

The RS3 was probably too fast across B roads to be honest but it was still dull to drive, fast does not equal fun.