Nova GTE (Courtenay 2.0L 16V Turbo)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Don't think he is in any mad panic to sell!
Not really wanting to totally hijack thread, but its a C14SE on twin carbs, coilover suspension, quaiffe gear linkage, Corsa power steering and loads more!

412187961.jpg

Reactions: bob

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
That's a great figure Keith, good strong engine! must be fun to drive! Awsome work on the Leather too, so much character this car

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
That's a great figure Keith, good strong engine! must be fun to drive! Awsome work on the Leather too, so much character this car

Yeah it's great fun. Power is smoother than my other car as Courtenay bypassed the boost controller to remove the overboost feature, so it puts the power down better.

Gets a little too much attention though. People taking photos at petrol stations and some random van tried to get me to pull over last night (though I just drove on lol)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Well we took the Nova to the big VBOA show at Billing last week, stayed for a week in a large cabin/caravan - Great week. The car brought plenty of attention over the weekend, with plenty of people gutted they didn't buy it when they had the chance.

The Monday before the show, I took the car to JP Exhausts and had a new 2.5" SS system fabricated from turbo back, with a 3.5" outward rolled tailpipe (angled as per how the GTE should be). The exhaust is much quieter than before and doesn't kill your ears on the motorway - RESULT!

Some shots from the weekend.

Reunited with the first 2.0L Turbo - A 16V TB

Cheers

Keith

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
So the turbo failed on this in July 2017 - we decided to just park it up as we were saving for our wedding.

Got the turbo removed, sent away for a refurb and finally got around to fitting it today. Car was absolutely filthy, so was great to get it washed. All ready now for the Legendary show at the end of September where we'll get both in for 35 years of the Nova!

IMG_6423.JPG

Lee

RMS Regular
Two turbo Novas. You must be a happy man! And the two are different enough to warrant having them.

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
F10 530d
Nice to see it out, neeeeeeed to get pics when they’re both out at the end of the month! :cool:

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Two turbo Novas. You must be a happy man! And the two are different enough to warrant having them.

Absolutely! The GTE is loads more comfortable as it’s on bilstein suspension with courtenay 30mm springs. The pink car is harsh as it’s got rose jointed suspension parts and coilovers, plus the seats/cage combo.

Reactions: Lee