Nova GTE (Courtenay 2.0L 16V Turbo)

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
I've now removed the leather seats and GTE astra steering wheel for refurb.

Leather Doctor in Ballymoney is doing the work, and should have it all back by the end of the month. He will remove the original surface then recolour them and finish with a matt coating which will hopefully have them looking like new again. The rear seats haven't been sat in and are perfect.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
I was hoping to have the seats back by now, but it will be next week due to Jeff being unwell.

In the meantime I've sourced a new gear selector/shaft and gear knob which has tightened up the gear throw loads. I also sourced some branch new rear quarter cards.

Once the interior is back, I need to remove the cage, gut the interior, remove all the old sound system wiring, then refit everything following a clean.

Keith

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Is there anywhere in particular is good for info on Novas? I really want one, have a notion of building a road going sprint car out of one

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Is there anywhere in particular is good for info on Novas? I really want one, have a notion of building a road going sprint car out of one

Most of the sites are quiet these days. There's a load of groups on Facebook now which are really buzzing/busy, "Vauxhall nova owners group" being the largest. The prices for everything are going through the roof though so it's no longer a cheap car.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Got my seats back from Leather Doctor in Ballymoney - (check him out here - Leather Doctor NI)

Had to strip the interior out, including cage:

Pulled miles of old sound system wiring out of it.

Fitted brand new GTE rear quarter cards:

New Gearstick, gear knob and gear shaft - it's really tightened up the gear change!

And all done:

That's it for now, Nothing else to do except fit a headunit, drive and enjoy it, and save for a rebuild in the future.

Keith

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Looks amazing, I need to get my front seats done on the gti, so leather doctor is where they will be going!
Just out of interest what sort of dough to get the seats to that condition @KeithRobinson pm if you like, cheers

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Looks amazing, I need to get my front seats done on the gti, so leather doctor is where they will be going!
Just out of interest what sort of dough to get the seats to that condition @KeithRobinson pm if you like, cheers

£390 for the front seats and steering wheel.

The seats were complicated because he had to send a sample off to get the colours. Normally he runs a check on the chassis number to get the correct colour, but my leather is custom. Also because they are two tone with the red piping which means lots of masking off. I'd say one solid colour seats may be cheaper.

Keith

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Great thanks for that Keith, its on my to do list and will really set the interior off. Hopefully he can replace the alcantara too.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Great thanks for that Keith, its on my to do list and will really set the interior off. Hopefully he can replace the alcantara too.

He's not a trimmer, so don't think he can replace alcantara. He just restores your existing leather.

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
ah right sure i'll get the alcantara done then throw them up to get the leather restored(y)

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I know of one ready built and owner would sell if you are interested. Very very well built car too!