Cv19 and car prices

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Passed by Charles Hurst used cars on Boucher this morning and it was only half full. Must have sold loads!

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
I don't think anyone knows... Depends on model and type of car too... Massive discounts on some things, other things selling over the odds... Depends if you were looking new or second hand as well...

Do what is right for your family (within reason...). Not like it will be an investment anyway...

Look in England as well as NI.

Definitely, we have an upper limit in mind and won't go past that and are keeping our eyes peeled for something here or across the water. Ultimately hoping for the freshest car in that price range that we like, (can see this one having to stay for many years) and if the prices were going to drop soon it'd be worthwhile holding off a bit longer to possibly get something that little bit fresher.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
... but is part of that not offset by them selling next to nothing from March - June/July?

Guy I was talking to said they were flat out from the first morning. They brought back 6 staff on day 1 and the next week needed 20 to cover the demand.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I follow a good few car dealers on Facebook and they all seem to be shifting plenty of stock and alpt of it is stuff at £20k upwards.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Anything I’ve been looking at is higher than it would’ve been 6 months/1 year ago.

Same here, holding fire on my winter daily until the prices settle a bit.

My mate paid 17k for a 2013 330d with 90k on the clock the other day. Absolute madness.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Same here, holding fire on my winter daily until the prices settle a bit.

My mate paid 17k for a 2013 330d with 90k on the clock the other day. Absolute madness.
Is he simple? Take it he didn’t look at mainland prices?
I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202008202723076
1599511263848.png

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
I know Jap cars are on the up but flip me and seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Am I best holding off until things chill out and be more realistic or what should I be doing.

Finding it hard to commit to the prices of old skylines/s14a etc

Ones I’ve seen worth 2k and advertised at £9000!!!

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
I know Jap cars are on the up but flip me and seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Am I best holding off until things chill out and be more realistic or what should I be doing.

Finding it hard to commit to the prices of old skylines/s14a etc

Ones I’ve seen worth 2k and advertised at £9000!!!

mill probably not own another. Most are 2/3 times what I’ve bought/sold cleaner better modified cars for in the past. Extremely hard to justify to myself especially if I probably repeat similar route of modifications that I’ve done multiple times, example being buying my 4th link ecu for a skyline. There more or less 2 grand each by time there mapped

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
On the flip side, Prentice have an M2 Competition in their showroom reduced from £58k to £48k... That seems like a serious drop to me..
Been looking at the M2s the past while and any that have come up have been gone with in a few days. A used competition seem to be around £40k already

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Been looking at the M2s the past while and any that have come up have been gone with in a few days. A used competition seem to be around £40k already

IIRC from another thread you're not one for finance but BMW are offering low APR's at the minute, I don't think an M2 comp would lose a lot in a year or 2, could be worth a punt!

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
IIRC from another thread you're not one for finance but BMW are offering low APR's at the minute, I don't think an M2 comp would lose a lot in a year or 2, could be worth a punt!
Was never one for finance but I have been keeping an eye on the rates also. The M2 seems to be the best of the 2/3/4 for holding value. And would be my favourite

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
A nice spec one seems to be few and far between, and seem to be snapped up fairly quick. Had a nosey around a white one over in prentice, think it was the one holybrook had in, it was box fresh but it would have to be long beach blue for me

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
Are cars selling privately at the minute? Whole clatter saved on the trader and not much shifting.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T

I've been after one for the last week or so, but keep missing them at the right price.
On the flip side, Prentice have an M2 Competition in their showroom reduced from £58k to £48k... That seems like a serious drop to me..

Easy enough to find a pre reg one at that price, BMW are not going to sell many at list price as there are plenty of pre-reg around at the £48k or below mark. Problem is getting one, I have been trying to get one since last week and at that price they are gone within a couple of hours.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Can't see that one listed on the prentice website, anyone happen to know the spec?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Long Beach blue one sitting outside JKC but think it had £58k on the windscreen.

Yeah, tried them a few times but they are way off other dealerships. Most likely why they still have it, plenty around at £10k cheaper than that but as I say they go within a couple of hours.

JKC need to wise up on their pricing.

davyk31

RMS Regular
They were the cheapest NI dealer by quite a margin when I bought the m135i. Bavarian were closest, Country were miles out and Prentice didn’t even quote despite me contacting them 3 times.