Cv19 and car prices

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
if it’s new, that M3 was built 2 years ago. They stopped making them in 2018 when the opf filters became mandatory.
Exactly. They are pre reg and they can't get rid of them. Funny he's just text me there, did a deal on a new m135i.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
So guys ,with bmw offering new m3 at reduced prices ,what is the best price anyone has been quoted for a new m3 comp.
Coleraine has a beautiful m4 but it’s £73 k lol.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
The M4 prices were still high, the pre reg models I seen where late 2019 or early 2020. Normally the dealerships would have received these for sale around March time but obviously that wasn’t possible this year, there were still deals to be had if you were seriously after one. For example I seen M4 offers were the dealerships were putting in A £20k deposit.

davyk31

RMS Regular
44k for a new although pre reg Comp can’t be bad when 2017 ones are selling for maybe 36 to 37k.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
The M4 prices were still high, the pre reg models I seen where late 2019 or early 2020. Normally the dealerships would have received these for sale around March time but obviously that wasn’t possible this year, there were still deals to be had if you were seriously after one. For example I seen M4 offers were the dealerships were putting in A £20k deposit.
Screenshot_20200910-085554_Chrome.jpg

davyk31

RMS Regular
All the options will knock it over the £40k tax threshold which is a bit annoying come this time next year and next 4 years. On some cars it’s unavoidable due to list price but with something like an M135i you can still get some extra toys and keep to the lower tax banding.

davyk31

RMS Regular
39,255 his invoice is for😎

Its not the invoice price that counts it’s list price sadly. If list if 39k then it has maybe only one option pack added like the Plus pack. Plenty of people have got caught with big VED bills as the salesmen seem to forget to mention that to the unsuspecting customer.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Its not the invoice price that counts it’s list price sadly. If list if 39k then it has maybe only one option pack added like the Plus pack. Plenty of people have got caught with big VED bills as the salesmen seem to forget to mention that to the unsuspecting customer.
I remember when the 40k ceiling came in. CH got round it by pre-reg their Range Rovers.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I remember when the 40k ceiling came in. CH got round it by pre-reg their Range Rovers.
That worked when it was introduced at the start it they beat the 1st April 2017 or whatever the date was. now doesn’t help to be a pre reg of course.
nasty for the first owner but then come year 6 the tax should become a bit of a bargain especially for big emission stuff. So long as they don’t change the rules of course!!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
39,255 his invoice is for😎

Not that great, I got a quote of around £37k with discount from the country garage with a pretty much fully loaded M135i, I didn’t bother in the end as it was another £3k for the M performance kit, I wasnt a fan of it without it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That worked when it was introduced at the start it they beat the 1st April 2017 or whatever the date was. now doesn’t help to be a pre reg of course.
nasty for the first owner but then come year 6 the tax should become a bit of a bargain especially for big emission stuff. So long as they don’t change the rules of course!!

How would that work?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Do you mean how did the pre reg work, so long as it was registered before the 2017 date then the luxury car tax does not apply.
As regards the 6 years the tax is currently the standard £150 or whatever it is plus the £320 or whatever the luxury over 40k element is. That extra runs for 6 years then tax becomes the basic £150 so you should be able to have a 5.0 litre petrol for £150 but who thinks they won’t change that lol.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ah, didn't know about the "luxury" surplus, missed that. That would sting 🤕

£150 base tax for a 5l? Surely not? Unless it's a hybrid tax dodger :innocent:

'96dc2

RMS Regular
Just had a quick look at loans, no wonder cars are selling at the minute. Money is basically free! Finance is king.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
BMW are doing pretty decent rates on some of their PCP's you can get 1.9% apr on some models and even the M2s and M4s are available at 2.9%.

On the flip side Audi Belfast had some used models and the APR rate on the finance was 14%. Madness

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
They gave him extra for his M2 so swings and roundabouts I guess.
I’ve had a few calls from Bavarian asking was I interested in changing. 3 yrs into 4 yr deal. Asked for redemption figure and of course it was flagged on their system so followed the calls... I had a cracking 0% deal 3 years ago on current F30 and with my 335d it’s hard to go to a smaller engine! What’s the Q4 deals going to be?? Even with a similar deposit as last time, at the moment I’d struggle to get into a 320 touring with the nearly 4% APR on them!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I’ve had a few calls from Bavarian asking was I interested in changing. 3 yrs into 4 yr deal. Asked for redemption figure and of course it was flagged on their system so followed the calls... I had a cracking 0% deal 3 years ago on current F30 and with my 335d it’s hard to go to a smaller engine! What’s the Q4 deals going to be?? Even with a similar deposit as last time, at the moment I’d struggle to get into a 320 touring with the nearly 4% APR on them!

I've never seen the like's of BMW or Audi offering 0% deals, with the way they are both selling cars at the minute you have no hope of a deal on 0%.