Cv19 and car prices

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
They were the cheapest NI dealer by quite a margin when I bought the m135i. Bavarian were closest, Country were miles out and Prentice didn’t even quote despite me contacting them 3 times.
Likewise for me with the F31.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They were the cheapest NI dealer by quite a margin when I bought the m135i. Bavarian were closest, Country were miles out and Prentice didn’t even quote despite me contacting them 3 times.

Funny how things change, I have found it to be the complete opposite

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Are cars selling privately at the minute? Whole clatter saved on the trader and not much shifting.
My brother sold three cars in the last week all very quickly. All cheap (£600-1800) but all within a day.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Are cars selling privately at the minute? Whole clatter saved on the trader and not much shifting.

Funny I was rang by a guy who bout a car off me a few years back about my cayman, I’m not selling but when I mentioned a figure of 5k more than I paid for it he wasn’t put off!!!

I’d sell if good 997 gt3”s weren’t 75k :-(

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Was in BMW yesterday with a friend. He has an M2 and was 3k off a deal to change to an M3 in Jan. Yesterday that deal had changed to 7k, BM blaming the effect of covid on the market. He was however offered 20k off list for a new F80 M3 Comp. Busting to get rid of current M3 stock.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Was in BMW yesterday with a friend. He has an M2 and was 3k off a deal to change to an M3 in Jan. Yesterday that deal had changed to 7k, BM blaming the effect of covid on the market. He was however offered 20k off list for a new F80 M3 Comp. Busting to get rid of current M3 stock.

because the price of the M3 increased ? or the value on his M2 dropped ?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Just checked offering crazy money for my bmw 320d hahaha very tempted but tbh dunno what id replace with

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I know Jap cars are on the up but flip me and seem to be selling like hot cakes.

Am I best holding off until things chill out and be more realistic or what should I be doing.

Finding it hard to commit to the prices of old skylines/s14a etc

Ones I’ve seen worth 2k and advertised at £9000!!!
Haven't seen a £2k s14a or r33 since 2007....

KevM

RMS Regular
Thats mad, WBAC have emailed me three times (increasing offers each time)
and are now only a couple hundred below what i would be asking as a private sale

Their system does that as standard

What you need to be mindful of, is, they arent just being more generous. The system is set up to communicate Trade value increases to previous enquiries. Your car is increasing in value, they will always still take the exact same pound-of-flesh regardless of how much more they seem to be offering.

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
What's stopping you both? I'd doubt they could find anything on either to knock money off their quotes

So far any dealer as been willing to match their quote as a trade in for me, I just keep missing out on the cars I have been after. I can’t sell on mine until I have something to replace it with as it my sole mode of transportation.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
For most of us, none of this really matters, does it?

Sell the car and it has to be replaced with something else.

Get over the odds for the one sold and likely have to pay over the odds for the one bought to replace it instead.

And vice versa.

Either way only the dealer wins, lol 😅

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
So far any dealer as been willing to match their quote as a trade in for me, I just keep missing out on the cars I have been after. I can’t sell on mine until I have something to replace it with as it my sole mode of transportation.

I've some spare cars lying about if you need the lend of something until you get sorted busdy

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4

if it’s new, that M3 was built 2 years ago. They stopped making them in 2018 when the opf filters became mandatory.