Active Deal Lidl DIY /Tool Deals

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I might have to have a scope round Lidl later and see what they have. Lifting it by hand with a pry bar and hammer is breaking my heart and my back.
image.jpg

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
I might have to have a scope round Lidl later and see what they have. Lifting it by hand with a pry bar and hammer is breaking my heart and my back.
View attachment 301893
Screenshot_20201113_161638.jpg

Get one of the lengths of board you have removed on its edge in under the boards and lift, good leverage, thats how I removed a deck from the father in laws, got a lot of boards up intact and put it down again at my house.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx
Just lifted the jigsaw and to be honest it's not up to much really. I tried cutting through a pallet board and it took a while, also cut out a few times. It's only good for very thin light wood

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Just lifted the jigsaw and to be honest it's not up to much really. I tried cutting through a pallet board and it took a while, also cut out a few times. It's only good for very thin light wood
I’ll not bother with a circular saw then.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Has anyone tried one of the 12v circular saws I’m lifting a deck and if I got my hands on a circular saw I’d do it in no time.
Chainsaw and an axe would do it in a fraction of the time.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Chainsaw and an axe would do it in a fraction of the time.
Her brother has a chainsaw I could borrow but the problem is he would come with it and wouldn’t just leave me to it. He would do my head in. Sorted now anyway bit more work with the pry bar and a handsaw and I’m sorted.
Anyone want some firewood lol. Doesn’t fit in the car and I can’t be arsed cutting it up.
5A02DDC4-9DC1-4B57-A276-16D347AA2333.jpeg

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
These 12v yokes any good? Reluctant to start in to them as I've about a dozen 20v batteries and chargers but you know how it goes.... Go in for bread then a cordless jigsaw catches your eye!

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
These 12v yokes any good? Reluctant to start in to them as I've about a dozen 20v batteries and chargers but you know how it goes.... Go in for bread then a cordless jigsaw catches your eye!
I find the 12 drill great, comparable to the bosch equivalent at a lot less money, I picked up a spare the other day. The little grinder is only for very light stuff. Cuts out a lot.

bmurf

RMS Regular
Drives
200sx

I have the 12v drill which is not bad actually. The battery lasts a fair while and has a decent amount of power, but I just picked up the jigsaw and it's not so great. It would do for very light, thin wood. I tried cutting a board from a standard pallet and it cut out a few times and had to go very slow. Tried it with 2 fully charged batteries and neither of them were any better. I would stick with the 20v stuff myself

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If you’re not in the centre aisle at opening on a Thursday you’ve no chance!

Anyone else spotted the polishers about?

Who am I to talk a man out of buying another power tool, but would you not just get a polishing head for your current drill? I used the head that came with my headlight restorer kit and put it in my Makita. Perfect combo!

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Who am I to talk a man out of buying another power tool, but would you not just get a polishing head for your current drill? I used the head that came with my headlight restorer kit and put it in my Makita. Perfect combo!
In fairness both solutions are for tidying up a few panels rather than starting a detailing business. Drill could be awkward enough to hold over panels too, the shape of the device helps too. Ooh err.

Boksic

RMS Regular
Does anyone happen to have a 20v cordless grinder body that they got but don't need?
I'll happily buy it.
Unless it's due in store soon that anyone knows?

I've a normal grinder, but now needing cordless to keep in the work van for stealing bikes and stuff like that

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Does anyone happen to have a 20v cordless grinder body that they got but don't need?
I'll happily buy it.
Unless it's due in store soon that anyone knows?

I've a normal grinder, but now needing cordless to keep in the work van for stealing bikes and stuff like that

They had half a dozen of them in Andytown today

Boksic

RMS Regular
They had half a dozen of them in Andytown today

Cheers, I'm working somewhere past Belfast tomorrow so will try to get in and grab one 👍🏻
I'd wanted a tap and die set a week or two ago but missed them. Don't suppose anyone knows if the usual sub £20 ish sets on Amazon or eBay are ok or are they *****?

Cheers

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Cheers, I'm working somewhere past Belfast tomorrow so will try to get in and grab one 👍🏻
I'd wanted a tap and die set a week or two ago but missed them. Don't suppose anyone knows if the usual sub £20 ish sets on Amazon or eBay are ok or are they *****?

Cheers

Andytown had a couple of those left too lol

I bought a cheap chinese set and they are crap.

Chris0

RMS Regular
OP
Chris0

Cheers
Have the same one below. It has dug me out of a few holes and worked a treat. Handy to have kicking about