New 2020 BMW 4 Series leaks ahead of tomorrow's unveiling

MarkM

RMS Regular
View attachment 312062It looked like this. I must be easily pleased.
I have a neighbour that has a brand new 2 Series. To me that’s a much stranger looking car.

Well I agree on the 2 series, I find it terrible too!

I know I’m biased but I love the face down, ass up lines of the F82, the G is just slab sided and drab to me
D6108055-63A1-45EB-AE67-093E5F5F9EFD.jpeg

Last edited:

vezna

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
The F82 is an absolutely classic design, that would be hard to dispute.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Some of the new colours do absolutely nothing for the new M3/M4. So far the only colour I'd have would be black.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Just remember, this was not the work of a single person - a team of design, marketing and senior management signed this off.

With that in mind, I’d be in full support of an independent investigation into the water supply at BMW HQ to determine if it has possibly been spiked with LSD.

Too early to point any fingers, but Audi have been strangely quiet about the matter.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Have to say I’m in the minority but I quite like it. BMW need to break out the design a bit as the front of their cars were so similar for years, at least the larger grilles are bringing a newer fresher look

What I don’t like is the crazy pricing which is way out of league. Having said that with a severe lump of depreciation this forum will be full of them several years down the line for sure.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
One part I do like is the way the flared arches step out from the headlights. That's nice and aggressive.

The rest looks absolutely stinking though.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I see Joe Achilles has been given a 420i press car, I’m interested to see how “Mr BMW“ puts a positive spin on it.

The 2.0L is woefully underpowered for a start, 7.5 to 62mph is shocking

Bavarian have a 430i with a lot of options for sale at the moment, taking aside the looks I would really like to drive one. One positive that seems to be coming out is that the quality and luxury in the new 4 series is leagues ahead of the previous generation.

'96dc2

RMS Regular
It’ll be a grower and a facelift version will probably look much better.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I see Joe Achilles has been given a 420i press car, I’m interested to see how “Mr BMW“ puts a positive spin on it.

Bavarian have a 430i with a lot of options for sale at the moment, taking aside the looks I would really like to drive one. One positive that seems to be coming out is that the quality and luxury in the new 4 series is leagues ahead of the previous generation.

I’ve lost all respect for him, he’s ordered an M3 without driving one, after preaching he much prefers the M2 over the current cars, must be dirt cheap or a free long termer imo, BMW seem to have all the influencers on side which is a smart move really
It’ll be a grower and a facelift version will probably look much better.

It’ll be a fantastic car despite it’s +200kg weight gain, still don’t want to look at it though, at £90k for a well spec’d one it shouldn’t be a grower, it should be wow

Last edited:

ALN

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 182
I can't say I love it yet but it has grown on me and if it didn't look much different then I would have been disappointed.

More notably any non BMW or car people that have mentioned the new 4 series to me all think it's class and love it. You'd near think they want to appeal to a new audience... It will be interested to see how this sells compared to the f series

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I’ve lost all respect for him, he’s ordered an M3 without driving one, after preaching he much prefers the M2 over the current cars, must be dirt cheap or a free long termer imo, BMW seem to have all the influencers on side which is a smart move really

It’ll be a fantastic car despite it’s +200kg weight gain, still don’t want to look at it though, at £90k for a well spec’d one it shouldn’t be a grower, it should be wow

I suspect he is getting a very good deal on it, he has enough of a youtube following now to get manufacturers attention.

eamon343

RMS Regular

You think 7.5 is 'shockingly' slow for the least powerful version?

eamon343

RMS Regular
It's slow for a 2.0L turbocharged engine.

the 430i is also a 2L turbo, so if they make the 420i quicker, they would just be hurting the 430i sales. Im sure the have designed the 420i to fit just where they want it to sit in the market alongside the equivalent Merc or Audi etc..