Trackskills at Kirkistown.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
So who’s out on Sunday? Keeping a close eye on the weather here but think the Radical is going to make another appearance. Just been corner weighted with Mr Matheson.

Looking to improve over the last day😎
AF3DA882-51CB-4F2F-9092-103F28B29438.jpeg

KevM

RMS Regular
I love that.

Redbull car, full page write-up on RMS, including all the history of the car, detailing the materials and technology used by the International Manufacturer with long-standing F1 experience.

Eamons car - Aye, I built it in the shed

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I love that.

Redbull car, full page write-up on RMS, including all the history of the car, detailing the materials and technology used by the International Manufacturer with long-standing F1 experience.

Eamons car - Aye, I built it in the shed
Eamon's creations have always been inspiring.

He's no spring chicken and the last time I remember seeing him, he was powered by Red Bull and a pack of cigs lol

He's like a four-wheel version of Joey Dunlop.

Last edited:

max1871

RMS Regular
Fastest car I have ever seen going up the straights at kirkistown. There’s a few vids on you tube where it leaves the red bull machine in dust.
Heading out myself in the civic on Sunday if it still starts :grinning:

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
The Clios brakes are all fixed and ready to go for Sunday.
I was thinking about track day tyres. Does anyone know the details of the guy who sells the tyres at Trackskills? I’m tempted to see if he has anything in my size before Sunday.

gavink

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 5 RS
The Clios brakes are all fixed and ready to go for Sunday.
I was thinking about track day tyres. Does anyone know the details of the guy who sells the tyres at Trackskills? I’m tempted to see if he has anything in my size before Sunday.
I believe he's normally open on Saturdays, and you will get him at Kirkistown on race weekends

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
I believe he's normally open on Saturdays, and you will get him at Kirkistown on race weekends
What sizes are you looking for? I’ve some as new slicks left over from my lotus 16 and 17 inch I think.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
What sizes are you looking for? I’ve some as new slicks left over from my lotus 16 and 17 inch I think.

Thanks, but I think slicks would be a step too far, I need to drive it home. :joy:
The size is 195/45/16. It seems there’s no Toyos in this size but there’s Nankang AR-1 in this size. So I think I’ll do this track day on the road tyres and get some Nankangs for the next one.

I’ve messaged SW Adair anyway to see what he’s got. (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
R888 come in 195/50/R16, that's near as what you need. You wouldn't know the difference.

Closest AD08R I could find is 215/45/R16, a little wider than your road tyres. Don't know if you have enough room.

R888 would have the edge on track, the AD08R would have the edge on road, but either work for both. Just depends on priority :cool:

Have never used the Nankang myself. I think others here have.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@BBSBOY you loved the Nangkangs on your clio didn’t you? :laughing:

I get the feeling that's sarcasm due to them being **** 🤣 but recently the AR-1 have gotten very high praise for what they are. Looking at getting them myself on the e36

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I get the feeling that's sarcasm due to them being **** 🤣 but recently the AR-1 have gotten very high praise for what they are. Looking at getting them myself on the e36

Dont waste your money!! stick to Toyo, Yoko or Avon!

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
@IL have you ever driven on the AR-1? Heard a lot of good things about that tyre, a lot of the shops over on the Nurburgring use them on a lot of cars now.

Was planning on them next for the Evo so would be good to hear some real feedback.

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
@BBSBOY you loved the Nangkangs on your clio didn’t you? :laughing:
The NS2R was utter junk, but I’ve heard some good and some bad things about the AR1, apparently they are very inconsistent. I think I’d stick with R888R tbh

Reactions: IL

neil-c

RMS Regular
I just put 205s to the mini this morning instead of 195s onto a 6 inch alloy. Thought that the wider tyre would be better on the track but they do look a touch wide on the rim compared to 195s. 888R's in a 205 55 16 were 89+VAT and 205 45 16 were £111 plus the VAT so I went for the deeper side wall to save a few quid. Not sure if I should have just stuck with 195 50 16s but they'll do the job.