F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Not as far off the racing line as Max ended up 😂

For goodness sake, you'd think it was outright cheating a la Senna rather than what it was (a racing incident) the way some are going on about it.

But if we don't want drivers to race and only over take on straights (only some drivers though) thats fine, just dont continue to whinge about how boring it is.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
So how are we thinking Bottas is looking for keeping his seat? Last few races he has been exactly the driver they need.

A few pages back I said I didn’t really get the hype around George, starting to change my mind but his race performance isn’t always all that great. The car surely isn’t competitive so it makes it very hard to judge his racing.

Personally I think they need to keep Bottas, particularly if RB keep Perez

sam_9n

RMS Regular
There’s nothing clear.
Hamilton is nowhere near alongside and off the racing line by the time they’re at the corner.

When they both started to turn in Hamilton was near level and look at the angle of Max’s car already. Hamilton did pull back slightly, from the onboard Max he has two goes at the turn, sees Hamilton and straightens up a bit, then you see him properly turn in on him.

F4601575-3FA9-4AB9-85BE-223856464D31.png

C5F974DF-4092-416B-AACF-05CAB5FAABBD.png

As I said earlier in the thread, if both had done things slightly differently we wouldn’t be here, but we are 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I'd be interested to see how they would go about packaging next years car if it was Hamilton and Russell as theres a bit of a height difference there!

Bottas is doing as he pretty much always has, being a very solid No. 2 driver and doing what is needed of him. On the subject of Perez, what happened to him yesterday? He didn't really seem to do anything bar take the fastest lap point from Merc.

KevM

RMS Regular
I think Lewis would have passed Bottas ok. What was Bottas 15secs off the lead at the end?
Yeah, he was told to follow Lewis home & possibly would have, but how motivated would you feel to knock in lap times after Mercedes 'inverted' the cars? Id say he just thought 'F this' & pushed the Adaptive Cruise control once he let 44 past...

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Comments under F1 social media account right now.
EtPkHOWXUAAv7QU.jpg

I get it was a big accident but it happened on one of the fastest bends in F1. I immediately thought racing incident but probably with a penalty (since the FIA were so penalty happy at the Austrian GP) and that would be that.

But the way some commentators on social media are banging on, you would think Lewis yeeted from 3 miles back like a public Forza lobby. I don't get F1 fans. They say they want exciting wheel to wheel racing and then bitch about it when it doesn't go the way they wanted.

Anyway, would loved to have seen Charles LeClerc bring it home but even he knew the game was up. Excellent weekend by Lando as well, could maybe have had a podium if not for the pitstop.

Last edited:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If you click/tap on the "watch on YouTube" link, it should be visible then. When some accounts upload videos to YouTube, they restrict them from being embedded in other media.
Yea got it. As much as I’m a Hamilton fan, that Vettel/Alonso footage isn’t even close to being the same really.

Yes there were some very questionable manoeuvre’s, but but the time they reach copse they’re miles away from one another.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I'd be interested to see how they would go about packaging next years car if it was Hamilton and Russell as theres a bit of a height difference there!

Build it round Lewis, and George would just have to fit in somehow. Some of the tallest drivers sit literally on the floor.

On the subject of Perez, what happened to him yesterday? He didn't really seem to do anything bar take the fastest lap point from Merc.

A couple of points to note this weekend I think.

Perez nowhere to be seen. Lando dropping back to Ricciardo race pace. Mercedes able to race RB closer (if not on straight line speed). And Bottas not getting mugged by Lando and Perez.

We know Mercedes brought upgrades this weekend, and Lewis said they helped.

The elephant nobody is talking about is "bendy wings". This was the first weekend running under the stricter FIA enforcement of the rigid wings rule.

We know the RB ran bendy wings before this weekend. From memory McL did too, at least on Lando's car, but not 100% sure about that one.

Obviously too early to say from just one weekend.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That pic doesn’t show just how far alongside he was, in fact that’s after contact, that’s when he did finally yield slightly :rolleyes:
Shush, some people don't like facts here :joy:

All focusing on the racism aspect now on social media :rolleyes:
I don't doubt that he probably is getting fairly racist comments sent to him, given that there are plenty of utter cretins who don't understand what a racing incident is (I.E not cheating, not attempted manslaughter etc) it stands to reason that they would be stupid enough to do that too. Very similar to the football fans and the England players (less surprising coming from football fans though unfortunately).

SlowRider

RMS Regular
So how are we thinking Bottas is looking for keeping his seat? Last few races he has been exactly the driver they need.

A few pages back I said I didn’t really get the hype around George, starting to change my mind but his race performance isn’t always all that great. The car surely isn’t competitive so it makes it very hard to judge his racing.

Personally I think they need to keep Bottas, particularly if RB keep Perez
When Lewis retires in 2 years time will Bottas be able to take on the role of championship contender? They need Russell in now so he is primed and ready to take over at the very top.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ffs they make it out like he was half dead by saying he was in hospital when Hamilton celebrated, when all he was in was for precautionary checks etc. Was a huge crash with big G’s but bar being bruised and sore he’s zero injuries.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
There’s nothing clear.
Hamilton is nowhere near alongside and off the racing line by the time they’re at the corner.

I'm don't even watch F1 but from the insane amount of videos I've seen Hamilton doesn't even get close to the chicane to his right. Seems like he went too hard into the corner and screwed his line up

Which can be seen by him ending up on the side of the track that Max would've been driving on had the collision not occurred.

But alas "sir" Lewis can do no wrong in F1. Have never liked him personally.

The fact Hamilton was penalised shows it was his fault and imo that's a massive crash to get just a 10 sec penalty for 🤷‍♂️

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.