F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Ah the Emperor Palpatine impersonator who has damaged a lot of young drivers careers really has a cheek.
The fact Hamilton was penalised shows it was his fault and imo that's a massive crash to get just a 10 sec penalty for 🤷‍♂️
Ummmmm, the stewards have been handing out penalties like its going out of fashion this season. It proves nothing. It was a bloody racing incident and fairly even split for the blame.

Any other driver and there wouldn't be any whinging about it, but because people have a personal problem with Hamilton it's the worse thing ever.

Also, what chicane at Copse?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Ffs they make it out like he was half dead by saying he was in hospital when Hamilton celebrated, when all he was in was for precautionary checks etc. Was a huge crash with big G’s but bar being bruised and sore he’s zero injuries.
He's just a bit of a cvnt really, having a tantrum like a child.
The fact Hamilton was penalised shows it was his fault and imo that's a massive crash to get just a 10 sec penalty for 🤷‍♂️
No it doesn't, it just means he played a part in the crash.

Little spoilt boy expected Hamilton to back out and let him have the place, and he didn't, just like Verstappen didn't in the corners prior to the crash.
I don't particularly like either of them, but I definitely dislike cvnty boy more.

Verstappen is just as much to blame as Hamilton, he didn't need to turn in on him, he could have let the place go too, but chose not to.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I would have said of all the teams on the grid, I would have been a RedBull fan, particularly following Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo and since they have left, well, they are a hard team to like. Max definitely has a lot of talent but my god, is he ever a bit of a ****. The amount of good drivers RedBull have off-loaded (Gasly, Albon) also didn't sit well with me.

stevyg

RMS Regular
But..... according to Horner, you shouldn't overtake on a corner on a racetrack.
That's why Horner was a sh1t racing driver.

What a mega crowd, at Silverstone, COVID what? That was incredible to see. Outstanding drive from Leclerc, he was trying to save his tyres for the end and was a little too conservative. Not taking away from Charles drive but did anyone else notice that his car was faster when it was having "mapping issues" and was cutting out. That's when he was pulling away from Hamilton, then when he was able to get that sorted, he wasn't as fast ^o)
I was really hoping Russell would get some points. Cheeky sour grapes RB bringing in Perez for fastest lap to steal the point from Hamilton, smart. Bottas had a well needed solid day, Hamilton caught him up 8 or 9 seconds in just a few laps, Bottas was never going to be able to hold him up. Alonso continues to impress me, the Alpines in general have done great this year. Norris has the record for the most points finishes in a row of any McLaren driver in history, wow!

Huge shunt for Max, glad he was ok. To hear Horner and see Verstappens post, you'd think he just survived D-Day. He walked into the ambulance waving to the crowd, went to Hospital Tweeting negative BS only reason he had to go to Hospital is because of the amount of G's registered so F1 requires a check up, not because he was injured. He had a bruise on his leg. Glad he's ok but looking at the sour bake on Horner you'd think Hamilton was literally pissing on his grave.

Amazing come-back drive from Hamilton, won the race with a 10 second penalty & duct-tapped front wing.

The RB lost some serious speed now the bendy wing actually adheres to the rules, Verstappen was slowest through the speed trap at one point. Merc were right to protest.

We all knew it was only a matter of time before the gloves were off. Complete racing incident IMO I agree with Scub thought a little more Max's fault for turning into Lewis since he knew he was there and didn't leave room but still a racing incident. The stewards were 100% wrong to give a penalty - the rules say if you are on the inside and your front axle is past the middle of the car on the outside then the inside driver has the turn and the outside driver must yield. That's the rule, black & white. It's a shame it ended in a crash because that first half lap was awesome. The drivers all said it was a racing incident, including the guy who got the best view Leclerc. The whole thing was made worse by Horner and Helmut, such pot stirrers. Max went off track 3 times then was happy to bang wheels down the straight and then squeezed LH almost into the wall. Max was all over the place Lewis set him up every turn before the crash, he was getting past him 100% before the end of the first lap, Lewis was not backing out like he did in Spain, Imola & Barcelona. Max spent his first 80 races in F1 wiping people out who tried to pass him, RB continually said he's such an aggressive driver and just what F1 needs. His career is based on forcing other drivers to yield thus he gets left very generous amounts of room by other drivers which is why he's hard to pass. I'm glad he's ok and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season more than ever now but a big shunt like that has been a long time coming for him. What's good for the goose is good for the gander & the shoe has been on the other foot many times.
If it was the other way around I can hear Horner now hailing Max as a hero and saying that was such a clinical move for the Championship. Horner's makes everything worse, he's so dramatic.
Friggin Spice boy.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I would have said of all the teams on the grid, I would have been a RedBull fan, particularly following Mark Webber and Daniel Ricciardo and since they have left, well, they are a hard team to like. Max definitely has a lot of talent but my god, is he ever a bit of a ****. The amount of good drivers RedBull have off-loaded (Gasly, Albon) also didn't sit well with me.
I have to agree, I was torn between Redbull and Merc back when Mark Webber and Ricciardo were in the RB team, at different times obviously. Since they left the team isn’t as likeable.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
He's just a bit of a cvnt really, having a tantrum like a child.

No it doesn't, it just means he played a part in the crash.

Little spoilt boy expected Hamilton to back out and let him have the place, and he didn't, just like Verstappen didn't in the corners prior to the crash.
I don't particularly like either of them, but I definitely dislike cvnty boy more.

Verstappen is just as much to blame as Hamilton, he didn't need to turn in on him, he could have let the place go too, but chose not to.

Why would you yield your lead to someone in a racing event? Hamilton changed his mind, went to go left but saw Max taking the best line then decided to try the inside

If he had of rid the chicane on the inside then nothing would've happened, looks like there was room for a bus there

Yet he ends up too far over to the left for his chosen line even after he clips Max.

You might think Max gets on line a cnut. But Lewis has been getting on much the same for over a decade. It's why I don't watch it

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Both Webber and Ricciardo were always the underdog type characters at Red Bull, especially Webber, so naturally they gained more fans. Plus their Aussie attitude is pretty laidback and endearing.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Two of the fastest drivers on track are aggressive in corners - always been like that
Sometimes one comes of worst when neither wants to yield - always been like that
Person who go off thinks the other is a cvnt and throws a strop- always has like that
Teams bitch at each other technically and on track - always been like that

Personally don't care if it gets all handbags with the odd bit of twattery thrown in, makes for more interesting viewing and certainly more interesting than everyone being nice and PR sanitized and passing on track like jolly good chaps.

Max lost out this time, through a strop, but lets face it who in the history off forever is going off the track like that in lead of championship has ever said afterwards it was 50/50 fair game. He's a bellend at times but its also part of what makes him good to watch so crack on. Looking forward to first corner in Hungary :grinning:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Why would you yield your lead to someone in a racing event? Hamilton changed his mind, went to go left but saw Max taking the best line then decided to try the inside
The driver in front has the right to make one defensive maneuver (I.e. In the braking zone, pick a side, don't weave which Max has a chequered history of), the chasing driver is free to pick whatever approach they see fit. Despite what Horner says about Copse, there have been many overtakes there in previous years and are possible either side or by switchbacking.

Ultimately with the power of hindsight, Max had 2 options - give Hamilton room (Copse isn't an apex hitter all the time anyway) and if the run off is needed, so be it and live to fight another day: or the one that he chose.

I still think with the broken wheel, that reduced the braking ability of the RB and made the accident worse than it should have been.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

If he had of rid the chicane on the inside then nothing would've happened, looks like there was room for a bus there

Yet he ends up too far over to the left for his chosen line even after he clips Max.

You might think Max gets on line a cnut. But Lewis has been getting on much the same for over a decade. It's why I don't watch it
What chicane on the inside!!!??? There's barrier or grass which would've been probably a bigger smash.
1626714301187.png

Why then would Hamilton have yielded given he was on the inside line? Max turned in to him. It happened, but that's racing and it made for an exciting race though!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
What chicane on the inside!!!??? There's barrier or grass which would've been probably a bigger smash.
View attachment 329930

Why then would Hamilton have yielded given he was on the inside line? Max turned in to him. It happened, but that's racing and it made for an exciting race though!

*Curb 🤦🏻‍♂️ no idea why I called it a chicane ffs

Wiping out your biggest competitor in the first lap doesn't sound overly exciting 🤷‍♂️ did Lewis stay in first for the rest of the race?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
If you don’t follow F1 I don’t really think you have the right to comment. Dirty air and that corner has a very late Apex all has a lot to play in it.

If this was any other two drivers there wouldn’t be this much comment on it, all the Lewis haters are out.

I don’t get why people are so against Lewis, I think he is a genuinely nice guy, always speaks well of his competitors etc and look at all the racist abuse he has suffered as a result of this, kind of makes his point fair, none of us know what it’s like to be of a different race, why wouldn’t he use his position to speak out about it?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
*Curb 🤦🏻‍♂️ no idea why I called it a chicane ffs

Wiping out your biggest competitor in the first lap doesn't sound overly exciting 🤷‍♂️ did Lewis stay in first for the rest of the race?
I did wonder 😂

Nope, he wasn't in first to very near the last lap!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.