F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
is the driver who is in front not allowed to turn into the corner aggressively?
Not when it’s clear there’s a driver with at least half a car length alongside!
D9347B2D-5F29-471C-A51F-EB3FC6C76290.jpeg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Is that post above from Max real? What a horrid little git.

It was good to see Lewis giving him a taste of his own medicine even though it was literally just racing.

I used to root for redbull when Ricardo was there but Horner and Max are insufferable. Still this should make for excellent pre and post race entertainment every race now 😂

MarkM

RMS Regular
Is that post above from Max real? What a horrid little git.

It was good to see Lewis giving him a taste of his own medicine even though it was literally just racing.

I used to root for redbull when Ricardo was there but Horner and Max are insufferable. Still this should make for excellent pre and post race entertainment every race now 😂

Unfortunately it’s real, hope he’ll regret it and delete, I suspect not though

sam_9n

RMS Regular
I must’ve missed that in the C4 coverage. I didn’t think they were allowed to change any parts when parked up in the pit lane?

If that is the case then I stand corrected.

Although again as Karun Chandok’s (sp) video shows, Max clearly turned in aggressively whilst Hamilton’s front wing was clearly in view just behind Max’s front wheel!!!

Case fcükïñ closed!

Yea they are allowed to change damaged parts… brundle said just without the adding or removing of weight from memory. Cracked rim so it was replaced.

Someone already mentioned it earlier but the superglue and duct tape (probably better than the DIY stuff) made me laugh on the patch repair to Hamilton’s car

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Think enough has been said of "the incident", lol. No worse than what Max did in the previous corners, cutting in and crowding out. He was pushing Lewis right up the pit wall just before "the incident". And then cut him up again. Only this time caught himself out.

It was only a matter of when. And could just as well have been Lewis pushed into the wall. Christian would have had no issue with that.

The Stewards had no choice. There was an accident, so there had to be a penalty. That's just how it works. And Max was a wheel in front, that's also just how it works. So the penalty had to go to Lewis. They went for the least they could. A stop and go would have been much worse. So clearly they didn't think much of it.

Other that that, pretty uneventful actually.

DotD: Charles. He took the chance and drove the socks off that Ferrari. So close too. Could have just played it safe and settled for second early on, but neither him nor the team did. Full Kudos!

Lewis recovery - wow. He was always getting past Norris and Bottas. But chasing down and passing Charles, that was mighty.

Good result for McL, great wee battle Ric and Sainz at the end.

Bottas did exactly what he was asked to do, solid drive following Lewis.

Perez the golden boy nowhere to be seen. Strange call to pit him right at the end.

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Watching through YouTube. Fan footage just a few metres from the impact of were Max hit the tyres,
Holy molly the speed of it :scream: , you get a better perspective of just how fast these cars are going . Scary, all over in a second.

pablo

RMS Moderator
The move to pit Perez for fastest lap in P16 just shows that they are sore losers.
Was clever actually IMO. Damage limitation.

i reckon Max has to hold his hand up for this one. It looked like Lewis was backing out of it but when max came across to the right rather than hold the line round the corner he took a gamble and lost. Very unlucky the tap affected his car the way it did but when you roll the dice you need to accept the outcome.
As for Hamilton celebrating he had just won his home GP for a record number of times AND broken the losing streak for Mercedes. So totally understandable especially when Max was clearly ok.

I’m a massive RB/Max fan and want them to win the championship but yesterday was fairly shameful imo. Especially from the Helmet

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Actually, one thing that hasn't been mentioned - the crowds. What a difference they made to the spectacle! Throughout, but especially at the end when Lewis was chasing down Charles. Was brilliant!

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Were there alot of posts deleted here or am I missing something?

Witholding my opinion, even if max yielded, he could have maybe caught him, got by on strategy or at worst finished 2nd and made the points loss much less. But alas, shame really.

Though if team orders weren't a thing, Hamilton wasn't going to win that, but the whipping boy rolled over again.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.