F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Good weekend for them to do it, Bottas mega quick in FP1 & 2 today.

If anyone listens to beyond the grid podcast , the latest episode with Mazepin is really interesting.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Closest Bottas will get to a home Grand Prix and also the scene of his first win so seems to have a nice feel for the place.

Max and Charles starting at the back on Sunday will make for interesting viewing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
A new engine is automatically a back of the grid start. But if you have an additional penalty for bad behavior, should you get away with it under a new engine penalty or should it be added at the next race for instance?
I know what you mean, but they don't really get away with anything this time though. They'll start at the back of the grid. The three places are really neither here nor there compared to that?

Would be different if the penalty was to start at the back. Then an engine swap would be like taking new tyres and a wing at a stop and go drive through penalty.

The teams used to do that all the time. Take an engine, and then do everything else while at the back anyway. Rack up thirty or forty or fifty "grid penalties" as they were at the back anyway.

LeClerc is doing it for the second time this year now isn't he? Don't care about penalties, just maximising manufacture points for the rest of the season.

I think only the budget cap is stopping that now, but wouldn't surprise me at all if RB didn't replace absolutely everything this time. Might as well.

Closest Bottas will get to a home Grand Prix and also the scene of his first win so seems to have a nice feel for the place.
Don't tell a Fin that Russia is close to home, lol :joy: 🤫 They ****ing hate the Russians, and for good reason. Besides Sochi is down by the Black Sea. The German circuits are probably closer to Finland, maybe even Silverstone?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular

The new Russian F1 track (from 2023) which they're currently working on at Igora Drive outside St Petersburg will be much much closer and looks a much better track too.

Only a 2 hour drive from Finnish boarder to St Petersburg.

Get what your saying though. He's got a good thing going at Sochi.

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Odd that none of the press seem to question Hamilton about his travels to and fro America in the middle of a championship fight. It’s bound to be a drain on him (not to mention the environmental impact).

Delighted for Norris today. What a guy!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Odd that none of the press seem to question Hamilton about his travels to and fro America in the middle of a championship fight. It’s bound to be a drain on him (not to mention the environmental impact).

Delighted for Norris today. What a guy!
Im sure he was in first class or a private jet lol. you wouldnt get jet lag if you just stayed on UK time

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I get that but I doubt he was leaving the Met Gala thing early so he could stay on UK time. Just seems an unnecessary thing to be at for a professional sportsperson.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I don't understand how Hamilton can raise awareness about the environment and get slated for it, and yet Vettel does the same (albeit in a different way) and everyone fawns over it.

As for the the race, I normally ignore the Sochi round but after today's qualifying, I'll be tuning in.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He must be the only professional sportsperson, reigning world champion, that jets off round the world to party with his ‘mates’ in the middle of a season.

That would be OK if he was leading championship by a clear margin but he’s not and is in the biggest fight he’s had for many years.

Ran into his front jack-man in practice yesterday then crashed twice today.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
He must be the only professional sportsperson, reigning world champion, that jets off round the world to party with his ‘mates’ in the middle of a season.

That would be OK if he was leading championship by a clear margin but he’s not and is in the biggest fight he’s had for many years.

Yawn, nothing like a holier than thou attitude 😂

Was it partying right enough? Or attending the met gala and leaving early?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

There aren’t many other sports where the season runs from March - December.

He’s on the back foot this season, the car vs RB, then just simple bad luck (today for example with tyres in Q3). I think today’s missteps are as a result of that pressure rather than attending the event.

If it’s the case of the him not focusing on the job then maybe they should cut all his PR responsibility then?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Mercedes have given him that freedom over the years knowing he just had to beat his teammate, quite the different story this year.

Fair enough if his jetset lifestyle allows him to unwind and turn up each weekend refreshed and ready to perform at the highest level but that simply hasn’t been the case this year - I can’t remember him making as many mistakes in a season for a long time.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
FB_IMG_1632605824784.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well that was random, lol 😅

Fair play to the ones who managed to make it work.

Wee tap of the wall there was costly for Lewis, especially with the double stacking on top.

Didn't put a foot wrong before that, leading away. And still managed best of the rest. He'll take starting fourth tomorrow.

Better track for overtaking than Monza apparently. We'll see tomorrow.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I don’t like Hamilton. But Hamilton is great. He is a champion whether you like it/him or not. If I wasn’t winning, or feeling good.
Do what make you feel good, motivate you!! May that be wear a pair of net curtains - we are all equal. I just wish I had the initiative when I was 6 to see the future in my granny’s net curtain toilet to be a fashion designer than an IT Engineer 👷‍♀️ 🤣🤣

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.