F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Max in a much faster car for the vast majority of the season had to finish 1st or 2nd in every race, break the all time record for the most podium finishes in an F1 season, have his team mate to hold him up for 8 seconds & have rule breaking lottery winning luck on the last lap of the final race just to beat Lewis Hamilton. People don't realize just how great he is.

No doubt he's a true great but let's not forget the races he had massive showerings of luck too..

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Bit of Bottas’ banter 😂

6C2C344A-2A98-4A5B-A637-C73CA3771B94.png

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
To be fair regardless of who it is, a knighthood for doing a sport you enjoy. Have a word with yourself.

Knighthood, OBE, MBE etc nowadays mean about as much as the chocolate money under my Christmas tree.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
FIA have reacted to recent criticism by launching a strong and decisive.... committee :innocent:

Perhaps part of some careful public choreography over the next few days and weeks to appease Mercedes and let everyone move on. I imagine Mercedes will be looking for more than that behind the scenes though to let this go.

There has also been talk about instigating a role above Masi. What was really Charlie Whitings role but was never filled after his loss.

No word on Masi's future as yet.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Probably more to do with the typical British and Irish trait of hating success.
If your talking about me, your wrong.

I had a work colleague who was awarded an MBE for basically doing nothing above and beyond the rest of us. He was that disgusted, he rejected it. Give them out like sweets these days therefore they have no meaning.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Maybe in some instances, but it’s the first knighthood for a F1 driver since JS in 2001 though.

Personal opinion, not fussed with those awards overall.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
If your talking about me, your wrong.

I had a work colleague who was awarded an MBE for basically doing nothing above and beyond the rest of us. He was that disgusted, he rejected it. Give them out like sweets these days therefore they have no meaning.
Nope, not directly about you. But thee whole he just drives for a living and doesn't pay taxes gurning that is rife on social media about this.

Given that it's not often motorsport is barely even mentioned on mainstream outlets unless there's a death or controversy it's not a bad thing that someone from F1 has been knighted in recent times. Despite it meaning the square route of **** all in reality. Different careers may be flooded with them comparatively though.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
I would
To be fair regardless of who it is, a knighthood for doing a sport you enjoy. Have a word with yourself.

Knighthood, OBE, MBE etc nowadays mean about as much as the chocolate money under my Christmas tree.
I mean they gave Stirling Moss an award 20 odd years ago and he didn't even win a won championship, I think Lewis is deserving of the award, giving his outstanding racing achievements and his charity work.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
Noticed that. Today is the cut off for the appeal too, wonder what they will do.

Absolutely nothing as my notification just told me - FIA to investigate...something lol

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Absolutely nothing as my notification just told me - FIA to investigate...something lol

That's that then. If the FIA didn't do anything wrong, what exactly are they investigating lol ^o). If they can't admit their failings during the first appeal, how are they going to impartially investigate themselves, clearly a conflict of interest.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mercedes have decided not to appeal the result, so that is the 2021 season over then.

Congratulations to Max and RB on a sterling job and a deserved result.

New thread created for 2022 season discussions:

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
That's that then. If the FIA didn't do anything wrong, what exactly are they investigating lol ^o). If they can't admit their failings during the first appeal, how are they going to impartially investigate themselves, clearly a conflict of interest.
This is exactly why there should be an independent board set up. Someone to turn to when the FIA make a dubious decision/choice, because as it has been proven on multiple occasions, the FIA will never over rule itself.

When you have the Director overseeing the appeals, the very man at the core (of this one anyway) of appeals being the subject of investigation, he’s never going to over rule or admit he made a mistake.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
This is exactly why there should be an independent board set up. Someone to turn to when the FIA make a dubious decision/choice, because as it has been proven on multiple occasions, the FIA will never over rule itself.

When you have the Director overseeing the appeals, the very man at the core (of this one anyway) of appeals being the subject of investigation, he’s never going to over rule or admit he made a mistake.

There had to be a back room deal made between the FIA and Mercedes. I can't see how they have gone from storming of without post race interviews, lodging appeals, boycotting photo shoots to then retracting the final appeal because the FIA said they will look into it.

I don't know what the deal would be though, money to a point is irrelevant and any favourable decisions in the future would only add to the problem of an inconsistent application of the rules.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.