£50k to spend - has to be fast, do 30mpg on a motorway run and be kind of ‘special’.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
A £50k 991 seems like great value compared to all other modern 911’s these days tbh. I can’t believe the 2 examples posted here both fall within budget.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Personally, even the base 991.1 3.4 carrera with the 7 speed manual is a stunning car to drive and for a car that is being considered for daily duties it has to be right up there

ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Mustang? Mpg? Hahaha I love mustangs but Jesus, I can’t see anything north of 20mpg lol
They will do 30mpg cruising on the motorway in 6th, Autocar got 32.5mpg avg on a 70mph touring journey.
I think my average over 11k miles is 21mpg but I do mostly B road driving, round the town is anything from 10-15ish depending on traffic and launches :laughing:. The 2019+ including the Bullitt are longer geared so probably helps.

Wouldn't say they're overly fast, but they're certainly an event to drive!

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
£50k wouldn't buy you a Tesla.

It would.

I've a March 2020 Performance model coming with 17,000 miles.

It would be around £50k, I would say it won't sit long - I had 2 and sold one before it got here.

I'd take it over literally anything else mentioned in this thread (I still might if I can workout a nice deal for my RWD 2022 one with the boss lol)

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Looking for something special (even only kind of) and a golf r is mentioned 😂

Tbh, the alfa giulia quadrifoglio or gr yaris would be good too, particularly the alfa!

911 of some sort is a good suggestion too, especially on the get in and drive it a distance front. But, fantastic as they are, because of that they don't all feel really 'special' imo. Difficult to describe.

What about a M2 Comp with change left over.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
R8?

Granturismo?

Might struggle with the 30mpg though.

An R8 V10 is the goal and had I not got a ‘significant’ daily commute, I’d be all over one.
Looking for something special (even only kind of) and a golf r is mentioned 😂

Tbh, the alfa giulia quadrifoglio or gr yaris would be good too, particularly the alfa!

911 of some sort is a good suggestion too, especially on the get in and drive it a distance front. But, fantastic as they are, because of that they don't all feel really 'special' imo. Difficult to describe.

What about a M2 Comp with change left over.

M2 comp - yeah I suppose they’re good and they don’t have the ‘issue’ in the form of the crappy seats that come with the standard M2s.

I might go take a new supra for a spin….and an RS5 lol. Not making my progress beyond my original thoughts lol

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Might get shot down for this but a rs3? They sound class and you could easily buy one and have £10k + to spend with Revo to make it special.

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
An R8 V10 is the goal and had I not got a ‘significant’ daily commute, I’d be all over one.

M2 comp - yeah I suppose they’re good and they don’t have the ‘issue’ in the form of the crappy seats that come with the standard M2s.

I might go take a new supra for a spin….and an RS5 lol. Not making my progress beyond my original thoughts lol

As much as I hate to say it, the New Supra was a total disappointment when I drove it. Wont tick the 'special' box that's for sure.

This is coming from a self confessed JDM freak and previous owner of the original Supra

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Might get shot down for this but a rs3? They sound class and you could easily buy one and have £10k + to spend with Revo to make it special.

Hmmm….I don’t think anything in the Audi range other than the V10 R8 or B9 RS5 actually do it for me. definitely not the RS3 although they do sound great and I know they’re fast!

Nickyyy

RMS Regular
Drives
RS6 / DC2
Will never do 30mpg on a run surely? Anything with a V8 is out of the question really

Strongly considered the C63s before but like above, MPG is an issue. I want to drive this thing to work lol. M3/M4 aren’t massively different inside to the 4 series M sport I have at the minute so they won’t feel ‘completely new’ to me.
absolutely will, if you put it in cruise at a reasonable speed it will activate 4cylinder mode

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Special?

ariel-atom-all-models-S4554536-1.jpg

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Any Jag with the 5.0L supercharged engine.

Was surprised that mine could get 38mpg while on the flat sections on the way to Cork and back.

1/4 tank used between Naas and Bangor, which is about 25mpg, but wasn't doing optimal speed for fuel efficiency - cough cough.