£50k to spend - has to be fast, do 30mpg on a motorway run and be kind of ‘special’.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Are you special? 30mpg and good for motorway commuting!

I already have two cars like this….stupidly impractical gas-guzzling toys. I need something ‘economical’ at 30mpg lol

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Ok after something that will do 30mpg on a long motorway run, has to be fast and kind of special. For about £50k.

What are your thoughts?

My current options are 2018+ RS5 coupe or 2019+ Toyota Supra.

Anyone got any suggestions other than these or opinions on either/both of these cars?

Are you special? 30mpg and good for motorway commuting!

No but you must be 😝 didn't say anything about motorway commuting 👍

That car will do 30mpg+ on a motorway run. Just like a bike. Weight is what affects mpg 🤣
I already have two cars like this….stupidly impractical gas-guzzling toys. I need something ‘economical’ at 30mpg lol

It'll do 30mpg if you're not wringing it's neck. Bikers don't have half the comforts of an atom so it's hardly impractical. Just not practical for what you want 😜 I'd daily it 🙈

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I see the Maserati Gran Turismo mentioned a few times. I absolutely loved mine, it certainly always felt special!

But it is also the worst car I have ever owned on fuel and I’ve had plenty of thirsty cars! Even on a long run in was still in the low 20’s lol

The stereo was dog dirt in it too, though the noise more than made up for that lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Less than £50k so you can spend the rest on fuel lol

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Any lightweight car will be easy on fuel, late model Elise/Exige would be easy on it. Early Mk1 Elise's can get 40+mpg all day but it's not the car for running up and down motorways.

Buy the Alfa
Alfa
Afla
Alfa
Alfa
Alfa

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Screenshot_20220504-205007_Chrome.jpg

2a8b357ac6794b9694cbbba26a39e75a.jpg

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'd have either of those but the blue one is more of an event to look back at. The 1M was the biz when it came out but surely overshadowed by by the M2 Comp by now?

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
I'd have either of those but the blue one is more of an event to look back at. The 1M was the biz when it came out but surely overshadowed by by the M2 Comp by now?
Agreed. I daily mine (22 miles each way) on commute. Bit stiff on normal roads but phenomenally fast pickup from any speed. Or relaxed little machine in efficient mode and gearbox relaxed. The second oil service is north of a grand but I don’t think many would be quite there yet so something to consider when purchasing.

slickcell

RMS Regular
OP
slickcell
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Agreed. I daily mine (22 miles each way) on commute. Bit stiff on normal roads but phenomenally fast pickup from any speed. Or relaxed little machine in efficient mode and gearbox relaxed. The second oil service is north of a grand but I don’t think many would be quite there yet so something to consider when purchasing.

Which car do you daily and what sort of MPG do you get?