What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Set myself a mission today of getting the Passat MOT'd.

After a few refresh's, i got a slot this morning at 10:15. Thankfully the car was already clean.

Sailed through! 👏

IMG_4674.JPG

IMG_4677.JPG

Boksic

RMS Regular
Sold one that'd been lying about too long, fired it on gumtree and it was away with its new owner in about 1.5 hours. That's pretty fast given I live in the arse end of nowhere.
Was absolutely delighted I forgot to put my number on the gumtree ad too, it's a lot easier to ignore the stupid gumtree messages than it is to deal with c units on WhatsApp and phoning!! Poor jeep is away to live in Glenoe now. Just one spare vehicle left now before I can get my mk2 living outside the house again 😁

IMG_20220706_171951.jpg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Daily barge sailed through MOT bought it last year for just over a bag of sand and has only needed a window regulator hopefully get another year hassle free from it
Spoke too soon. Two days after MOT it broke a front spring.

Spent couple of hours yesterday cursing at the car after realising it’s a full driveshaft/ball joint/control arm job to get the strut changed.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Spoke too soon. Two days after MOT it broke a front spring.

Spent couple of hours yesterday cursing at the car after realising it’s a full driveshaft/ball joint/control arm job to get the strut changed.
That’s why I’m paying someone to do my front struts. Doing it on the ground once was enough.

Chris0

RMS Regular
That’s why I’m paying someone to do my front struts. Doing it on the ground once was enough.
It’s handy enough if it’s 3 bolts at the top and 1 or 2 at the bottom just didn’t realise I had to disassemble the whole thing 🙁

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
It’s handy enough if it’s 3 bolts at the top and 1 or 2 at the bottom just didn’t realise I had to disassemble the whole thing 🙁
I don’t have the right socket for the drive shaft bolt. I stuck my head into the local place and they will do it for £50 so I’m happy to pay that to avoid an afternoon swearing 🤣

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Had the S line rear diffuser painted gloss black to tie in with the mirror caps and splitter I fitted. Then gave it a super quick run over with the DA to tidy it a bit after neglect over winter.

20220709_173909.jpg

20220709_174115.jpg

20220709_160110.jpg

20220708_145639.jpg

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Finally bit the bullet and tackled 1 of those jobs I’d been putting off. Mrs Lyons had an altercation with an animal a few weeks ago and damaged the front lower grill. Luckily there was zero other damage and a grill was only £30, but it was a bumper off job.

I’ve said it before, but BMW’s are so much easier to take apart than VAG cars. Granted I haven’t actually fitted the bumper again yet!

C2F7AEA3-24F1-4B67-A120-FCC42D196286.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Wife moved the Cayenne last week when I was at work and parked it again, everything was grand. I came home and went to jump in it and key wouldn't even unlock it, totally dead. Even when unlocked manually, not even a flicker.

Had a good spare battery left over from the Range Rover which wasn't that old before the crash(and around £250 iirc) Luckily same size and spec for the Cayenne.

Just a bit of a pain in the ass to get to in these, but seems to have fixed it anyways. Hopefully it's not some kind of drain, I'm not at home long enough to check again so it'll be wifes problem during the week if it is 😂

IMG-20220710-WA0019.jpeg
20220710_130624.jpg

alexf557

RMS Regular
Drives
aul scrap
swapped the factory splash guards for some lower profile mudflaps, but was left with this lovely clump of sh*t on the driver's side wing.
any clue how to get rid of it without destroying the paint?
1657549854603.png

also did a bit of painting on the trailer to clean the looks up a bit
1657549881574.png