a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I use my old brass neck foam bottle that I had for ages on the K4, fits straight on the Ava gun with the K4 neck.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
new name and logo reminds of ketamine :joy:

ketamine-logo.png

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
I can’t remember which one you bought

The blue ALK1.5 is specifically for cleanse and I’ve been using the same 2 (one for home and one for work) for over a year now with zero issues

The black ones are called their multi range and are suitable for most chemicals

But whatever works for you works for you

I’ve also been using the same HC1 1lt trigger sprayer for Tarminator (other solvent based tar removers will be fine too) for 12 months + at this stage and it just works every time.
It’s the blue one I have. I bought two of the cheaper sprayers I had knowing that they will only last a year or two because I think they’ve a better spray and use less product.

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
@Big Pimp Foam cannons, either A-Kem or a more premium Ava model, when will they be available and how much? I've never liked the one that came with my P60 and now after less than 10 uses the bottle no longer tightens properly onto the head.

Also, when will you be getting the patio cleaner into stock?

I don't rate the bundled AVA one either. I've had the same issue since my second use and ended up removing the rubber seal, as the bottle kept falling off because I couldn't tighten it as much as it needed without it jumping the thread. My biggest issue though is I struggle to cover the whole car before the bottle depletes even on the lowest setting. Not by much, usually goes watery with a panel left! I can't imagine it would be much use for a barge if I struggle to cover a Civic with it. I wondered if mine was faulty but it's the first time I've ever had one, so nothing to compare it to. I also wondered if the threading issue was self inflicted by over tightening on the first use. The plastic does seem very soft. I'll maybe see if I can track down a slightly larger bottle.

Last edited:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I don't rate the bundled AVA one either. I've had the same issue since my second use and ended up removing the rubber seal, as the bottle kept falling off because I couldn't tighten it as much as it needed without it jumping the thread. My biggest issue though is I struggle to cover the whole car before the bottle depletes even on the lowest setting. Not by much, usually goes watery with a panel left! I can't imagine it would be much use for a barge if I struggle to cover a Civic with it. I wondered if mine was faulty but it's the first time I've ever had one, so nothing to compare it to. I also wondered if the threading issue was self inflicted by over tightening on the first use. The plastic does seem very soft. I'll maybe see if I can track down a slightly larger bottle.

All exactly the same as you mate, glad its not just me then!lol Within couple of uses it felt like the threads were jumping and wouldnt tighten properly, and the bottle actually fell off last time I used it there. And yes size is a bit small, used to be able to do 2 cars (just) with the ebay bottle on my old cheap Bosch washer, but def only 1 with this. And as far as I can figure out there's no adjustment to the spray angle? Find it way too wide, would prefer narrower spray - maybe less waste then too.

Checked AVA website, they're looking £50 for the brass headed one!

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Same as above, ava one has rung the threads and falls off wasting snow foam. My karcher quick connect just isn't working right with the ava, worked OK for a few months but now no matter what I do it doesn't seal fully and leaks.
Original ava foam lance gives good foam but goes through it very quickly

What are these like?

Screenshot_20230406_203607_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

GrantR

RMS Regular
I found a quick fix for the AVA snow foam cannon issue, a loop of electrical tape around the threads on the bottle 🙈 not ideal but if it's stupid and it works it's not stupid 😬

I must say I can easily do a full car with 2/3 of the AVA foam cannon filled 👀

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
@Big Pimp I am sticking an order in for a few bits but just wanted to check which IK sprayer works best for ultragloss?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Are they on the site? Had pondered one for in behind trim etc.
Don't know, just saw one on the shelf in the clearout picture 😇 Got mine from England last year, it's great. Have a dual motor master blaster as well and the Blo is even better.

They're great for getting water out of all the nooks and crannies as well as body work. Especially on a coated car.

Reactions: dub

davyk31

RMS Regular
Why A-Kem rather than A-Chem which keepes the scientific link and maybe is more how someone expects it to be spelt?

Also I have some metal outdoor lights that have turned green over the winter. Need to wash them down, which product would do the job for me? I have Articulate, cleanse, Citraclean, Solapower and Lazer

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Why A-Kem rather than A-Chem which keepes the scientific link and maybe is more how someone expects it to be spelt?

Also I have some metal outdoor lights that have turned green over the winter. Need to wash them down, which product would do the job for me? I have Articulate, cleanse, Citraclean, Solapower and Lazer
I used Citraclean over the weekend to clean my decking, which had some moss etc. Sprayed on, light brushing and pressure washed off.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

Come on man !!
New name = new company = zero tax bill .
I’m obviously joking before someone rips me a new hole .

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's easier to trademark words that are spelt wrong. Mad but true, lol. No idea if that's the reason. I think he mentioned he wanted it short and unique for interweb and all that?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I think it's more eye-catching as A-kem as opposed to A-chem.

Anyway, I borrowed my brother's undercar attachment for washing the underneath of our cars. What ideally should I use to clean all the grime and salt from underneath before I put some lanoguard on?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
So many questions for me to respond to!

I promise I’ll have answers for you all as soon as I get my laptop charged as it’s easier than trying multi quote on my iPhone.

Also I have some metal outdoor lights that have turned green over the winter. Need to wash them down, which product would do the job for me?
Need to answer this one specifically though.

I have a new product which is absolutely unreal. It’s a soft wash biocide which has a lot of uses but specifically moss killing is the big thing.

But when I say care needs to be taken I cannot stress this point enough.

I cleaned around my place with it yesterday mixed at 50:1 and all moss etc is gone. Within 1 day!

Red label does the same but that’s mixed at 8:1 and then there’s the bleaching nature of it which this new soft wash product doesn’t have any bleach in it.

Moss on the tarmac is dying already even with less than ideal conditions with the amount of rain immediately afterwards.

And my fence which I was going to powerhouse before paining. Well wait until you see this. 24hour apart

Window sills are cleaner than ever (I do have one which will be getting another dose) but pvc, roofs tiles / slates. This product is a game changer.

But I’m going to over emphasise this. You need to wear PPE.

I got a bubble of the diluted stuff (50:1) on my eye and it went all bloodshot. Not itchy and a few days later and it’s gone but as it’s a biocide the utmost care needs to be taken with it.

But for cleaning around the house and garden furniture (I sprayed all my rattan garden furniture also and moss and green between the weave has gone)

445AD914-4C03-44AF-995D-BC7C96D4B670.jpeg
42B2340D-575B-432F-AF75-83413F8ADAC1.jpeg