a-kem automotive

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That fence looks like mine, nothing I've tried shifts it. Not even wire brushing... Can't wait to try yours!

Would it be safe to use around plants without killing everything?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Thanks Ross. That soft wash stuff sounds exactly what I need. I also have about 100metres of ranch fence that is very green that I want to paint so seems like that stuff would be a good start. Do you just spray it on from a sprayer and leave?

What PPE is needed, eye protection and gloves only?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
You can't really "eradicate" moss though. Only kill what's there. It will always grow back.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Thank good for the rebrand! I’ve never known how to pronounce it or search for it.

A welcoming change.
Thank you dude - hopefully this new brand makes it much easier to search for natively on search engines etc.
@Big Pimp Foam cannons, either A-Kem or a more premium Ava model, when will they be available and how much? I've never liked the one that came with my P60 and now after less than 10 uses the bottle no longer tightens properly onto the head.

Also, when will you be getting the patio cleaner into stock?
I'm waiting to hear back from AVA to see if I can offer their brass ones at a discounted price to previous customers. I should know pricing by Monday.

Failing that I have foam cannons coming over to me eventually!
I don't rate the bundled AVA one either. I've had the same issue since my second use and ended up removing the rubber seal, as the bottle kept falling off because I couldn't tighten it as much as it needed without it jumping the thread. My biggest issue though is I struggle to cover the whole car before the bottle depletes even on the lowest setting. Not by much, usually goes watery with a panel left! I can't imagine it would be much use for a barge if I struggle to cover a Civic with it. I wondered if mine was faulty but it's the first time I've ever had one, so nothing to compare it to. I also wondered if the threading issue was self inflicted by over tightening on the first use. The plastic does seem very soft. I'll maybe see if I can track down a slightly larger bottle.
The plastic foam cannons started off great, but as they got busier they outsourced them to Chinese manufacturing, and cest la vie - the quality diminished. They have addressed this issue
@Big Pimp I am sticking an order in for a few bits but just wanted to check which IK sprayer works best for ultragloss?
I'd stick with the TR1 personally. 1litre, fat ass so won't topple, and cheaper than the smaller 360 (although it is brilliant, and can be used inverted etc.)
Ive been trying to get one, last I heard Ross had 10 left!
All in stock again
Are they on the site? Had pondered one for in behind trim etc.
Will you be restocking the DI vessels Ross?
Yes - received 6 out of an order of 18 today!
Why A-Kem rather than A-Chem which keepes the scientific link and maybe is more how someone expects it to be spelt?
because there is a company in England already called a-chem so I needed to make it more simple for those of us who cannot spell!!!
I think it's more eye-catching as A-kem as opposed to A-chem.

Anyway, I borrowed my brother's undercar attachment for washing the underneath of our cars. What ideally should I use to clean all the grime and salt from underneath before I put some lanoguard on?
Thank you dude.

For under car cleaning I'd recommend HD Clean (new name for Lazer - what is @svensktoppen going to do now :grinning: )

I'm changing names of a few products for ease of use etc. For example your pre wash trio of products will be either:

PreClean
CitraClean
HD Clean

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Thank you dude - hopefully this new brand makes it much easier to search for natively on search engines etc.

I'm waiting to hear back from AVA to see if I can offer their brass ones at a discounted price to previous customers. I should know pricing by Monday.

Failing that I have foam cannons coming over to me eventually!

The plastic foam cannons started off great, but as they got busier they outsourced them to Chinese manufacturing, and cest la vie - the quality diminished. They have addressed this issue

I'd stick with the TR1 personally. 1litre, fat ass so won't topple, and cheaper than the smaller 360 (although it is brilliant, and can be used inverted etc.)

All in stock again

Yes - received 6 out of an order of 18 today!

because there is a company in England already called a-chem so I needed to make it more simple for those of us who cannot spell!!!

Thank you dude.

For under car cleaning I'd recommend HD Clean (new name for Lazer - what is @svensktoppen going to do now :grinning: )

I'm changing names of a few products for ease of use etc. For example your pre wash trio of products will be either:

PreClean
CitraClean
HD Clean

I'll probably get one of yours to replace the AVA cannon when you get sorted sure, can persevere another while! Will need some other stuff shortly anyway so I'll pick it up together.

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
I need your new moss product @Big Pimp - we're got loads of it now and wife tasked me earlier today with getting something for it! Let me know when I can order it, need a few other bits and pieces from you too.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Here’s a before and after of the pavers at the back as well as a few befores (I’ve just applied it to a few different areas.

More fences, some bare concrete beside my boiler and my neighbours heavily moss ingrained garage roof

D94D1B57-3F32-4357-B675-53355E1E0621.jpeg

D0DE4BB6-C2BC-4B3E-9795-C411A8ADB5DA.jpeg

I sprayed the walls of the garage down too which you should be able to see in this before & after

5FFD673A-C365-4436-B3EC-8EF8251A158F.jpeg
49EFC094-503B-4952-9993-BB65E8D7C30E.jpeg
48304FD6-B088-4650-B9DC-F46E591FAFB9.jpeg

will update these over next few days

Last edited:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I’ll add it to the site over the weekend guys.

mix at 50 parts water to 1 part chemical.

wear gloves, long sleeves etc and eye protection. spray downwind. If you get the product splashed on you rinse really really well.

handle the neat product with extreme caution.
it is a registered biocide which means it has passed all European testing and can be legally sold in the UK & Ireland

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
@Big Pimp do you do anything suitable for cleaning a dog run to kill smells etc
yeah - I have a product called Biosan

its diluted 80 parts water to 1 part chemical and pumping stations and waster water treatment plants used to be my largest customers for it.

I use it around home myself for the bins etc. but I have a few customers who use it for their dog run