F1 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Ricciardo could teach anyone a thing or two! Can't wait to see him with Merc or Ferrari next year. Only a matter of time. I'd say swap places with Bottas. Merc and Lewis would love to have him there.

Vettel probably would exercise his veto, once burned and all that, he's happy with Kimi :innocent:

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Ricciardo could teach anyone a thing or two! Can't wait to see him with Merc or Ferrari next year. Only a matter of time. I'd say swap places with Bottas. Merc and Lewis would love to have him there.

Vettel probably would exercise his veto, once burned and all that, he's happy with Kimi :innocent:
Don’t think anyone dislike Ricciardo either, even when things go wrong he’s smiling lol

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Take a bow Roman, quite superb

AE9EB43A-30E8-4F03-B4CF-F2BB9A0E6A3F.jpeg

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
he wasnt in the braking zone tho. over aggressive pass coupled with over agressive defending = 2 cars out

Wouldn’t say it was aggressive pass, threw him a dummy then max defended that again and Danny ran outa space and with couldn’t come back across enough and that was that. Committed to a gap which disappeared on him lol

pablo

RMS Moderator
I think Dan the king of the late brakers just got caught out tbh. Givens Max's aggressive defending style it was a bit chancey imo

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I think Dan the king of the late brakers just got caught out tbh. Givens Max's aggressive defending style it was a bit chancey imo

For sure. They were hard racing all of the race so something was bound to give

genman

G
Red Bull pitwall need to take some of the blame. . we could all see that coming for about 10 laps....why didnt the team get more involved to safeguard a good team result.
Sneaky McLaren nicking handy points and well done Perez for hanging in there.
Vettel. . got what he deserved. ..all he had to do was wait til the next straight.
Bottas. ... gutted.
Hamilton.... right place right time and didnt even have to race anyone for most of it.

pablo

RMS Moderator
was entertaining to watch!!

almost felt for Vettel too, hamilton must have sacrificed a few virgins last night!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Didn't actually see any of it, looks like it got exciting, lol :joy: Even if it was the only kind of "exciting" we get in F1 - crashes and random pit stop lotteries... Didn't seem to be much actual racing, other than the RB...

On that one, Niki Lauda called it 70% Max. Seems about right from the descriptions. Agree the pit wall has to take some of the blame. Horner was on after going on about how they both let the team down, but from the descriptions it was the usual Max style "defending" and that could only ever end in tears. They should have stepped in one way or another. But hey, not that Horner would ever tell wee wonderboy Max to wise up :joy:

Lewis got one back on Vettel in the pit stop lottery, fair enough, one each. I don't think Merc ever expected to be competitive on a street circuit so they'll take that result.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Didn't actually see any of it, looks like it got exciting, lol :joy: Even if it was the only kind of "exciting" we get in F1 - crashes and random pit stop lotteries... Didn't seem to be much actual racing, other than the RB...

On that one, Niki Lauda called it 70% Max. Seems about right from the descriptions. Agree the pit wall has to take some of the blame. Horner was on after going on about how they both let the team down, but from the descriptions it was the usual Max style "defending" and that could only ever end in tears. They should have stepped in one way or another. But hey, not that Horner would ever tell wee wonderboy Max to wise up :joy:

Lewis got one back on Vettel in the pit stop lottery, fair enough, one each. I don't think Merc ever expected to be competitive on a street circuit so they'll take that result.
You missed a good race, for once it was quite exciting.

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
I think Vettel had to go for it, he probably seen Kimi and Lewis crawling all over him on the restart so felt he had to go for it or risk getting passed, he was caught sleeping a bit on the restart too.

50/50 on the red bulls I think, Ricardo obviously much faster at that stage, the team should have stepped in especially after them banging wheels already. Just me or from the footage of the wheel clash earlier, it looks like max did let his car run towards ricardos?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Again didn't see the whole sequence of events in the race, but from video and descriptions that is what it looked like - the usual Max "defending" antics of weaving around in braking zones and pushing people off the track - in this case into a wall.

Daniel was at fault too from a team point of view for pressing on even though it was patently clear Max, as usual, would rather take them both out than let anyone past. But what was he supposed to do? The team should have backed him up but didn't, with the inevitable resulting crash.

Don't get me wrong, I love Max and he has certainly brought a lot of brilliant racing to F1. But by now he should know when to fight and when to stand back for the longer game. He's not a fresh new driver any more, can't forever play that card. And driving like that isn't making him any friends.

stevyg

RMS Regular
What an awesome race, they should race Baku twice each season.
Some great overtaking going on all through the pack. The Redbulls were giving us some great racing until they came together. Max definitely straightened his wheel to bump into Dan early on and the team should have called them to settle down a bit because it was going to end in tears. Instead, Ricciardos engineer was on the radio telling him "lets get him!". I don't blame Ricciardo for the crash, he set himself up for the pass by doing the dummy and Max double-moved giving him no-where to go. I don't know what else Ricciardo was supposed to do. I'd be sending Max to Toro-Rosso, Kvyat was sent there for less. Big points loss for them.
Vettel only had himself to blame for the lockup, he tried to make it stick. I think he panicked after seeing Kimi & Hamilton coming either side of him after the restart.
What was Grosjean doing? Complete asshat.
I wish Alonso "no-one else could have handled my damage" would shut up.
Kimi was fortunate to get away with hitting the wall, he hit it some thump. He had a good race though.
Feel bad for Bottas, so unfortunate for him after driving a superb race and nailing the safety car pit stop.
Well done to Force India & Perez, even after a 5 second penalty. Good to see one of the mid-pack teams on the podium every now & again.
The perfectionist in Hamilton knows he didn't deserve the win especially at the expense of his team mate but he'll take it.
Now Ferrari have passed Mercedes in the constructors championship, things are getting interesting.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty one-sided in qualifying in the end, but there are some very different tyre strategies at play. Maybe Ferrari plan another pit blinder?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.