F1 2018 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, first corner was the one exciting bit, lol :joy: Hartley got very unlucky there, nothing he could do. As if crashing wasn't bad enough Grosjean had to create a smoke screen across the entire track as well...

Alonso made a few nice passes, but that was it. Only a point or two off Verstappen in the standings as well.

Some winning margin from Lewis. Glad Bottas held it together this time.

But mostly zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
We all knew it was going that way. Merc dominance for the rest of the season

Could well be ...

But...

So far it's varied a lot depending on circuits, today just happened to suit the Mercedes.

Also Bottas has been much closer of late.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I see Lewis says he didn't just cruise away up front, but was pushing and trying things out and working away to see how the car and how his driving it could be improved, and to let the engineers gather data for the same reason.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Not a whole lot happened after the first lap. Grosjean was an idiot. Thought the SC & VSC would make things interesting but it's just a bit of a boring track & what happens there correlates to whoever can do the most with the data they collected during winter testing. Ricciardos spin under the VSC was lol, only himself to blame for that.
Hamilton in a league of his own, blitzed everyone.
KMag getting another great result for HAAS.
I'm sure Alonzo isn't pleased at getting beat by Sainz at their home GP
Leclerc getting some more points for Sauber, some good fights with Alonso.
Sad DNF for Kimi, was expecting him to do well.
In hindsight Ferrari shouldn't have brought Vettel in again because track position was clearly more important than fresh tyres. Hope they get their act together and give us some more tight races for the rest of the season.
Monaco next, could be Redbulls chance to shine with a 1-2 or it could end in disaster for them. Apparently Ricciardo has entered into an "exclusive contract discussion" with Ferrari for next year, He's probably the driver Ferrari need but I'm not sure if he's the driver they want. They want a #2 driver not someone as dicey as Ricciardo.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is no such thing as an "exclusive negotiation", nothing is exclusive until there is a signed commitment on paper in place.

Can't see Vettel accepting Ricciardo next to him again, ended in tears at Red Bull... But great for Ric if it happens.

Bottas is Toto's wonder boy, and is steadily improving, otherwise Ric would already be signed up with Merc... But Ric alongside Lewis would be something to see! They would both be well up for it, but it would be a very brave team manager to make it happen :innocent:

stevyg

RMS Regular
There is no such thing as an "exclusive negotiation", nothing is exclusive until there is a signed commitment on paper in place.

Can't see Vettel accepting Ricciardo next to him again, ended in tears at Red Bull... But great for Ric if it happens.

Bottas is Toto's wonder boy, and is steadily improving, otherwise Ric would already be signed up with Merc... But Ric alongside Lewis would be something to see! They would both be well up for it, but it would be a very brave team manager to make it happen :innocent:
I'm thinking that it means Ferrari have first refusal of Ricciardo but yeah, nothings for sure until pen is on paper. Even then if they give an under performing car, the contract will have an out clause. Bottas is slowly earning his spot at Mercedes so I can't see him going anywhere soon, if he keeps it up Lewis might leave Merc before him. Theres so many driver pairings I'd love to see that I think each team should run 3 or 4 cars :grinning:

Anyone sign up for F1 TV Pro yet? It's pretty sweet. Live races, selectable onboard cameras, awesome telemetry & for all you current F1 grumpy bollox they are working on adding the seasons since 1950 on demand.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Anyone sign up for F1 TV Pro yet? It's pretty sweet. Live races, selectable onboard cameras, awesome telemetry & for all you current F1 grumpy bollox they are working on adding the seasons since 1950 on demand.

they sent me an email the other day about it i had skyf1 on virgin media it was costing a fortune as you had to have the sports package and upgrade to skyf1 ( i was paying for football channels i don’t like )

channel 4 coverage is ok on the live races but there highlight shows are crap

how does it work and how much does it cost ??

stevyg

RMS Regular
Similar for me, it's on ESPN over here which you can't pause rewind or fast forward like every other channel even when you watch it back with the on demand service which is pointless. For me in the U.S the F1 TV Pro is $90 per year (or you can pay monthly like $10 a month or something). The F1 app has a TV Pro link you click which takes you to the website (wish it stayed in the app but maybe that will change) then I mirror it on my Apple TV or just watch it on my device. They have a ton of pre & post race info & interviews then the race itself which you can watch onboard any car, listen to all the team radio, see the cars on the track map, no adverts and you can pause & rewind as you please. Obviously it defaults to whatever country you live in's commentary of choice. Theres a lot of archived races & more being added too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
The highlights show on C4 does it for me, most races I watch in 8x anyway, lol, and I couldn't care less about interviews and all the build-up stuff and all that.

But something like the F1 TV looks nice if you want all that, and all the different angles during the race, and so on.

stevyg

RMS Regular
ESPN won't let me watch it at 8x so thats one reason I got it & I wanted access to the archive. Watched the 1998 Belgian GP last night. The noise :cool: I also just wanted to support F1, the more support they have the more improvements they can make.

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
can you use the app on a smart tv ?

i don’t wanna be sitting stareing at my phone

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I see Lewis says he didn't just cruise away up front, but was pushing and trying things out and working away to see how the car and how his driving it could be improved, and to let the engineers gather data for the same reason.
I saw Lewis saying almost word for word that he is faster than everyone else by a couple of seconds, and then snigger.

Not that he was faster in this race... that he is faster. Period. Which he's not.
Like many people, I have never denied that he's a fast driver. But that attitude stinks.

Oh, I see he also reckons he's the world's leading authority on track designing now too. He just, just managed to squeeze in "or one of the other drivers" before anyone could call him out on his stratospheric level of self importance.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Red Bull looking good, see if they can convert practice form to pole and win once Merc and Ferrari turn up the wick on their engines. Fingers crossed, Ricciardo is certainly game for it :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.