£4k for a track car/daily driver

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
i dont like the std box in the 106 - not for giving abuse to anyway. We broke one in 5 stages at aghadowey - very weak box

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Have to say I prefer the 306 to my 106. Faster and handles every bit as well imo and more practical for day to day. Oh and cheaper to buy as well, and 6th cog for motorways.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
s14a?
dc2
accord type r

the accords a big motor but get a drive in one they handle really well and lsd as standard too with great seats!!!

i know of an s14a going at the mo, red, completely standard 73ishk on it you could prob have a grand or so left in ur budget for a few bits to up the ponies/suspension!! uk touring model wi full cream leather

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
s14a?
dc2
accord type r

the accords a big motor but get a drive in one they handle really well and lsd as standard too with great seats!!!

i know of an s14a going at the mo, red, completely standard 73ishk on it you could prob have a grand or so left in ur budget for a few bits to up the ponies/suspension!! uk touring model wi full cream leather

Been thinking about an s14a but I'd just want to slam it on some dished rims after my last one, and then it'd be no use on the track.

Accord R is kind of tempting, I didn't think they were that quick tho.

Get a Nissan Almera. Oh...wait.

Never had one of those, might be on to a winner there Slimbilly (y)

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
adjustable coilovers for the s14a then ;-)

accords are not bad going big motors, think the vtec is a bit more refined not revving out as far but still 212 bhp i think

good all rounder!

pablo

RMS Moderator
Gee only piece of advice I'll give is lighter the better. Will handle better, easier on brakes tyres etc.

I heard Amos's old 182 is up for sale again

pablo

RMS Moderator
Gee only piece of advice I'll give is lighter the better. Will handle better, easier on brakes tyres etc.

I heard Amos's old 182 is up for sale again

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Go for something fun and different.

A serious track car would bore the bag off you in no time, either that or you'll be looking to upgrade and tune it to knock time off laps, etc

I still say go for the 306 for grin factor, if your brave a 205 would also be a laugh. Had so much craic in that wee XS. Was a brilliant wee car and always had us lol'ing at its easily exploitable lift off over steer and general chuckability...

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
205 xs is still one of my fav wee cars or an ax gt, really fancied one for me first car!!! insurance was laughable at the time tho lol

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Ive a mate with a real tidy Accord Type R for sale ... Red with 80k odds on it and serviced regulary ... recent service only few miles agao again with Willy Kennedy. Dont think hes looking over 4k for it but could find out if your interested? It has a expensive after market system on it (H&something ... i know im useless lol) and is lowered 30mm. Mint recaros inside also. Never drives it now as he has work car.

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Go for something fun and different.

A serious track car would bore the bag off you in no time, either that or you'll be looking to upgrade and tune it to knock time off laps, etc

I still say go for the 306 for grin factor, if your brave a 205 would also be a laugh. Had so much craic in that wee XS. Was a brilliant wee car and always had us lol'ing at its easily exploitable lift off over steer and general chuckability...

Couldn't have a 205 as a daily driver, no chance lol. As much as the 306 would be just as good, I've always wanted a Teg from years ago so I think I'll probably satisfy that urge.

Ive a mate with a real tidy Accord Type R for sale ... Red with 80k odds on it and serviced regulary ... recent service only few miles agao again with Willy Kennedy. Dont think hes looking over 4k for it but could find out if your interested? It has a expensive after market system on it (H&something ... i know im useless lol) and is lowered 30mm. Mint recaros inside also. Never drives it now as he has work car.

Get me some more info mate and I'll have a think about it.

Bronk

RMS Regular
gee pm thumper ..he usually has a few dc2's for sale..or knows of some for sale

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Gee go get a drive in a DC2. It was Evo mags "best handling fwd car ever".

I can see the temptation of the 172 or 306, but even just the driving position and high revving engine would make the DC2 win it imo.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
What would a Golf VR6 be like on the track ... just out of interest?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Couldn't have a 205 as a daily driver, no chance lol. As much as the 306 would be just as good, I've always wanted a Teg from years ago so I think I'll probably satisfy that urge.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring!! :party: :-#:p

Slimbo on here has a white low mileage one for sale with upgraded goodies including a LSD. Think he's looking over £4k though. Its in the classifieds section.

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
There is a 172 Cup, for sale this morning in the adds on RMS.... In my eyes a 172 Cup would be good, as really all it needs are some better brake pads.....

As where a DC2, might need suspension etc.....

I really don't know....

I was shocked at the speed of the DC2 at the weekend, but I know it was not standard in anyway.... As where my 197 is standard brakes, suspension etc....

The 172 in the adds also has the belts done etc, which is the dear part to do....

In my eyes it is a cheap car, and could be drivin till the end of the year, and loss you no or little money......

Graham2

RMS Regular
OP
Graham2
Drives
RS4
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring!! :party: :-#:p

Thats exactly why I put this topic up tbh! I'm surprised Harry hasn't been in raking the piss out of me! But it ticks all the boxes and I LOVE the BMW so its gotta be something my heart is in to or I won't do it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Its basically the choice between 172/Cup, GTi-6/Rallye and DC2 UK/JDM. I suppose it just whatever you feel most comfortable driving about for daily use.

Nail on the head there (y)

And for daily driver as well, pretty much down to Honda or Renault.

Either will be lots of fun and little bother. Just budget for good discs and pads, proper servicing, and down the line some decent suspension.

As a curve ball, an MX5 might fit the budget...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.