£500 small - mid sized car wanted

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tommy_c

RMS Regular
Drives
mondeo st tdci
Bit off a drive

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170105-150409.png
    Screenshot_20170105-150409.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 66

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Proof of cronyism, this was the same Primera I saw on scumtree the other day for only £380, now look:

Nissan primera...motd October...full service history...excellent condition...
Nissan primera...motd October...full service history...excellent condition... | in Newtownabbey, County Antrim | Gumtree

I dont see the issue here ... he snapped it up cheap, maybe or maybe not added money to it in repairs and is looking to make some coin on it. If someone likes it and it ticks all their boxes I dont see how hes done anything wrong.

... Anyway

2007 VAUXHALL VECTRA EXCLUSIVE 1.8 petrol NEW SHAPE | in County Antrim | Gumtree

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Looks like it needs a tidy but should be a decent enough motor that. Was one at my mates garage with 380k on it and the engine was still running great. It looked dead on actually, only a bit of wear to the seats!

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Looks like it needs a tidy but should be a decent enough motor that. Was one at my mates garage with 380k on it and the engine was still running great. It looked dead on actually, only a bit of wear to the seats!
Sorry which car?

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Boy on my Facebook sellin a A4 estate 02 model. No mot but there a decent car an good engines in the vags
Jonny Thompson?

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Boy on my Facebook sellin a A4 estate 02 model. No mot but there a decent car an good engines in the vags
Jonny Thompson?
Yea I saw that, getting it from him on your side of the country to me in Co. Antrim with no MOT is a problem though :worried:

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Lol! I'd maybe do the same if the car was local to me and was as good as Jonny's a4! Lol

Realistically I don't really need anything that big. I've been eyeing up mk2 phase 3 Clio's but other than leaky sunroofs and chocolate gearbox casings I don't know much about them

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Yea my mate has an ex police car white hatch vectra. Needs a exhaust sensor but drives spot on. Just at idle it farts a bit
76k in it an it's 02

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Yea my mate has an ex police car white hatch vectra. Needs a exhaust sensor but drives spot on. Just at idle it farts a bit
76k in it an it's 02

Had a Vectra B 1.8 hatch before and MAF sensor was never right so must be a thing with them...

Decent enough car though

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Lol! I'd maybe do the same if the car was local to me and was as good as Jonny's a4! Lol

Realistically I don't really need anything that big. I've been eyeing up mk2 phase 3 Clio's but other than leaky sunroofs and chocolate gearbox casings I don't know much about them

Not sure if there's much difference between the phase 2 & 3 but airbag lights (broken solder), rusty exhausts, chocolate wheel bearings and doors can sometimes stick shut. I think springs can break too.
Engines are pretty solid but they aren't always looked after too well.
Other than that they're fine iirc.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thanks for that @Phil_EK9 I think the only difference between phase 2 & 3 is head and tail lights and interior trim from memory. It's been 12 years since I worked in Hurst's bodyshop and these were a common sight lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.