106 gti - now pics on OZ Saturns!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

sexxxo-vtr

Drives
330ci sport
im not havin a go mate!lol i was just sayin that you had quoted some tit off jon44, and a few started goin on about him cutting springs!didnt mean it to come across rude!

was also gona ask how u knew my surname, then i seen it in my sig! lol :p

sexxxo-vtr

Drives
330ci sport
Bottom line is, the car is that low, it looks like the suspension is broke. There is no way it would pass MOT and I would severely doubt that there is enough suspension travel for it to be deemed as safe.

For show (y)

For actual driving :worried:

i dont see why it wouldnt pass mot, my 306 was on the bump stops and it went through without a problem!plus the 106 has bigger wheels so it will sit a bit higher off the ground than what mine did on 15s

(not a great pic but u get the idea)
garypugslammed2fl.jpg

Maxwell

Banned
OP
Maxwell
here i tought ya all wernt having a wee dig at me????

the car was already lowered wen i bought it...i like its ride height at the back, and lowering the front will level it bit more.....NOT TOO IMPROVE ITS HANDLING!!!!!!!!

i just stated it handled better being that low!!!

so end of comments putting the car down...if ya wanna, dont leave a comment...send each other pms...but if ya have a positive comment of the car...feel free to leave a decent 1!!:-#

Maxwell

Banned
OP
Maxwell
very very doubtful. Its been tried and tested by numerous gti/vts owners and most would suggest that even 60mm spoils the handling and chuckibility of the wee french cars, so id say yours probably just feels bumpy as hell, and does not handle 'better' and indeed you would prob end up in a hedge backwards if you where to give it some out doing a bit of spirited driving one night. The back end is bound to have an imbalance with the braking.

At the end of the day yes its your motor, but you posted up pics, this is a public forum, users are entitled to their opinion, and the general opinion is that it looks silly with the back on the floor, and if your gonna drop the front more (aka cut a coil or 2) to level it out, then your going to further spoil the cars handling characteristics. Which is daft since your ''xmas list includes cams etc' no point if its gonna handle like a bag of dung.

get onto the saxo/106 owners clubs and see if they agree with your comment on how it handles better . :confounded:

i wrote the xmas list, wen i got the car......this your wee comeback to not buying ur "OVERPRICED" 16v engine????

how come it still aint sold???

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Grow up for crying out loud, this is a public forum and you put pics of your car up for comment, its inevitable you will get good and bad ones so stop crying when people criticise things, and stop getting personal with people whne they are stating fair facts, some like it some dont, if you like it then thats all that matters, but if your not prepared for some negative comments then dont post pictures, easy as that

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Grow up for crying out loud, this is a public forum and you put pics of your car up for comment, its inevitable you will get good and bad ones so stop crying when people criticise things, and stop getting personal with people whne they are stating fair facts, some like it some dont, if you like it then thats all that matters, but if your not prepared for some negative comments then dont post pictures, easy as that

Couldn't have put it better myself.......(y)

Wheels are nice on your 106, but it still looks daft IMO due to how low it is. Horses for courses though, if you're happy then that's all that matters.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.