1275 Cooper *autolifers feature* and exhaust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Thanks guys.

got bored yesterday so ordered an exhaust and some spotlamp covers, so should have another update during the week and a wee video if it sounds good :grinning:

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
We're gona have to get you another less expensive hobby to stop you getting bored :p

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
This just came tonight so got it straight on, Had it for a run around the town and i think it sounds pretty sweet.

Nice burble at low revs and a bark near the top, also got the odd pop and bang which surprised a few people.

Must get a drive by video up.

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
will still have a mini one of these days! that is one nice looking wee car (y)

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Little retro touch, some old skool rally lamp covers to add to the motorsport theme

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I was up at Banbridge with Jayme yesterday, great show, good variety of stuff at it, including quite a few retro, rally, and american cars which were cool to see. Cian tagged along with us for the day, the 2 Minis certainly got some amount of looks on the run to and from the show.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Another pic

must get a video up of the exhaust popping and banging, im loving it atm really turning heads around the town.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
I see this in Lisburn earlier mate? If it wasn't urs then there is one that looks very very similar lol.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Was floating about your neck of woods at weekend.

prob another one similar, been a few popped up over the last year.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Love the new wheel dude - id say the car gets a good scorching now. You'll need a pair of marigolds now to get the feel of it lol

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Didn't realise you'd a new wheel on now too! Suede wheels are the ticket!

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Well as its the end of the year its time to drop the car back in the garage for winter. And it means im back at uni i England so wont be around to use it.

Last year i tried to get a Motorsport theme going which i think worked well, BUT it draws to much attention at lights and when people start talking expecting me to tell them theirs some mad engine in it and i can only tell them its a standard 1275 its a bit depressing.

So..

decided to start a engine build but as per normal things cant be straight forward, and what started as a potential stage 3 road engine with a cam big valve head and some other bits has lead to me collecting parts for a 16v a series build. que some pics and a explanation

Firstly i needed a donor block

I bought this at a bit of a gamble, the boars all looked good when i initially inspected them, and was turning by hand which was a good sign as god only knows how long this was sitting.
After i got it stripped i found the crank had some minor wear on it (nothing a regrind wont sort) con rods are all good, outer pistons where just ok, but they will be for the bin, and im set on a re bore now, atm im going 1380 but that may change depending on what pistons i buy. block needs alot of other modification but i should be able to sort that with the help of some friends.

then the interesting part

Head is a 16v BMW k1100 motorbike head, so its twin cam for a start

it needs some tig welding and minor machining but will ft nicely after i move some head studs around on the mini. Will be converting it to run a belt drive pulley setup. Will also be running throttle bodies with this. custom exhaust and some other trick bits im still looking into

Jayme

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Nice. Back in the day I used to have a Mini 30th Anniversary with an Avonbar tuned 1380 stage 3. I loved it and wish I hadnt had to sell it but it was my first car and it had to go to fund the purchase of a Scooby.
The mini was great fun especially at the lights and lots of people got a shock at how nippy it was.
Im sure your mini get lots of positive attention and comments out on the road or wherever you stop at lights or filling stations etc. I remember the attention mine got and that was getting on for 13 years ago, people just love a nice wee Mini(y).
Reading through ur thread brings back the memories :grinning: .

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Nice. Back in the day I used to have a Mini 30th Anniversary with an Avonbar tuned 1380 stage 3. I loved it and wish I hadnt had to sell it but it was my first car and it had to go to fund the purchase of a Scooby.
The mini was great fun especially at the lights and lots of people got a shock at how nippy it was.
Im sure your mini get lots of positive attention and comments out on the road or wherever you stop at lights or filling stations etc. I remember the attention mine got and that was getting on for 13 years ago, people just love a nice wee Mini(y).
Reading through ur thread brings back the memories :grinning: .

yea man its been a blast owning it so far, have to many good memories with the car.

you should get another lol

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
I love this mini!
Have a serious want for an extremely clean example to be part of my garage collection when I am fortunate enough to have the money and the garage again lol.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@jayme What do you think of the lucas covers? We only bring them in as special order now as a lot of people arent happy with the feel or look of them.

As for the engine. 1430+ has to be the way to go :laughing:

MED have been very good to us and we can run all year without so much as lifting off the rocker cover. I cannot stress how much better any engine will feel if you let Ashley Lamont loose with his management setup too.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.