1275 Cooper *autolifers feature* and exhaust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Aw man, gona be some crack raking that down a back road when you've got all the work done. Roll on next summer. Or whatever year you get it finished... :grinning: lol

I'm sure you don't want wee Gwenda feeling lonely while you're away, so i'll nip down sometime next month and take her out for a spin :p

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
@jayme What do you think of the lucas covers? We only bring them in as special order now as a lot of people arent happy with the feel or look of them.

As for the engine. 1430+ has to be the way to go :laughing:

MED have been very good to us and we can run all year without so much as lifting off the rocker cover. I cannot stress how much better any engine will feel if you let Ashley Lamont loose with his management setup too.

I got these of ebay @PeteMoore for something like 4o quid for the pair, they alright but i couldn't comment on how they compare to the likes of the one's mini sport are selling.

Im trying to keep the power below 130 for now just to i get it running, try and keep costs down as well now im back at uni, i assume you guys can get stuff like oversize bearings etc may have to give yous a shout when im home again.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Aw man, gona be some crack raking that down a back road when you've got all the work done. Roll on next summer. Or whatever year you get it finished... :grinning: lol

I'm sure you don't want wee Gwenda feeling lonely while you're away, so i'll nip down sometime next month and take her out for a spin :p

you so much as step on my driveway when im gone il have the dogs on you haha ive seen the way you drive.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
you so much as step on my driveway when im gone il have the dogs on you haha ive seen the way you drive.

Juke loves me. Besides, he'll be too busy pissing on my foglights to notice me taking Gwenda out! lol

And what about my driving? :p

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Well im Back from Uni so had a hour or 2 in the garage so i started partially sipping down the head to get it test fitted on the block. nothing over exciting thought id throw a few pics up showing what needs done and how much needs modified.

First pic shows the drilling template n the only 3 studs that fit. you can see all the other holes need marked and drilled, but need to plug up the other holes with threaded bar.

then threw the head on to make sure nothing was badly wrong like it being warped.

planning to have all the block work done bar a rebore before February

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Well haven't made as much progress with the 16v as I wanted so no updates on that.

Got the car back out for summer, was at UCS Sunday so will throw up a few pics ive seen. No big changes this year only minor, wasnt happy with the ride height so wound the coils down to the max on the rear and then leveled the front, also tidied up few things like airbox paint and the way the carpets fitted inside.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Snapped this wee photo of Jayme and Cian's Minis on the hill after GTINI Castlewellan. Jayme was showing off his new 3 piece split Force Racing wheels, and they certainly drew a fair bit of attention. Was good to see him out in the car again after suffering a few suspension woes over Easter. Car is looking awesome now dude!

IMG_6000, 2, 2 small.jpg

IMG_6013, 2, 2 small.jpg

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Nice force wheels, I recently got a set myself, beautiful things :grinning: 2 lovely minis :grinning:

Cheers man, what style did you go for and size?. love mine, just need center badges for them now.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Cheers man, what style did you go for and size?. love mine, just need center badges for them now.

I got 13x8's of these, I can't quite remember the actual code of them, they are on my Westfield race car. Will post of pics of it next week. Super lights wheels, very easily damaged outers tho :worried:

3AD43FA8-A55B-44FE-A148-25867E9564F7_zps61r4jgax.jpg

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS

I didn't receive wheel centres with mine, did you get yours from force?

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Yea man i asked and he supplied.

looks like i will be on smooth roads then, how you bend yours?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Yea man i asked and he supplied.

looks like i will be on smooth roads then, how you bend yours?

Touched with someone during a race I would imagine, but didn't notice in the heat of things. I shouldn't think they would be soft enough to damage on a rough road but I would watch pot holes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.