1275 Cooper *autolifers feature* and exhaust

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
all ya need now is the vtec engine then ?

thats the next project lol

few pics from yesterday
SDC13975.jpg

shell now rust free
SDC13977.jpg

SDC13978.jpg

doors ready for paint
SDC13980.jpg

boot floor and rear valance repaired

thanks to soupy of the site for use of his camera;)

tm.

RMS Member
Drives
are you just for doing it the same colour? i would just do it old english white with black roof and no decals or stripes and a set of group 2 arches

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
the red looks really dull in the pic's but im gona respray her the original colour think its hard to beat on the mini with possibly the silver roof like the cooper 500's tho u would need the silver stripes and door mirrors so not sure yet

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
this week the shell is being painted started masking off today floors underneath boot and engine bay have been painted so far looking really good
DSC00664.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00665.jpg

DSC00661.jpg

and engine has been finished really happy with how it turned out il have a look for a before pic so u's can compare difference
DSC00660.jpg

will hopfully have pictures of fully painted shell next week

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
Looks well

I saw the 13's and sportspack arches and thought :worried:

10's FTW :laughing:

agree with you the 10's are hard to beat and look amazing;) but if i was puting them on id be looking for the 7inch wide ones and the cost £700-800 and then you'd have to put 7.9 or 7.5 inch brakes on the front so the wheel will physically fit

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
not be long now til mini finished shell is painted subffames are back in along with suspension brakes and my nice shing engine altought still needs some stainless steel i think to brighten it up also decided to spray roof and door mirrors aswell goin for silver il post pics up later need to go and do assignments for tec

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
aye will put a few more up later geting near the end of the build but itl never quite be finished

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
thanks yeah starting to get really excited about the fact its now rust free and my dad cant call it a rust bucket anymore lol

peter__89

RMS Regular
Drives
mk5 golf
lookin well jayme.
must get a look at the way you where on about lowering it cause the way you explained it to me confused me.lol.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Great thread and project, I wouldn't go for the wavy grill, other than that it looks fab, bet you can't wait to get driving it!!

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
this just for you pete not great at explaning things but here a diagram
qqqqqqqqqqq.jpg

the trumpet shaped thing behind the shock with te rubber donut on the end determines the height of the car you can get and adjustable trumpet that replaces it dropping the rear or lifting it the front is mounted verticaly with the same idea

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
few more pics
DSC00673.jpg

the sports pack arches are sprayed to but forgot to take pics last time i was over they should change the car
DSC00672.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

rear lights will be changed down the line and roof still has to be done more pics later in the week

nolimit

great work looks mint , where do you get interior trim , im restoring an 84 cooper and need dash and door panels and roof cloth, cheers tony

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
the dash was just wrapped in carbon fibre look stuff and everything else came in her part from seats

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
The rubber essentially stays the same. But the cone is swapped for a threaded version allowing you to adjust ride height. Like the ones on mine.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 67

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
The rubber essentially stays the same. But the cone is swapped for a threaded version allowing you to adjust ride height. Like the ones on mine.

thanks that what i was trying to say

jayme

RMS Regular
OP
jayme
Drives
Mini/ A7
all the silver decals ordered last nite for 18 quid compaer to 60 from mini sport lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.