1986 VW Polo Coupe S.. (Project)

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Also me & the wife went to Wolfsburg for a long weekend to visit VW as we booked the Factory Tour and do the AutoStadt etc.
About 5mins drive from the Autostadt VW own the Stiftung Automuseum which has all the old classic beetles/campers etc and some modern VW stuff on display.
I had done abit of research when i got my polo and noticed that the museum had a Coupe the same as mine.
Well to see it upclose was amazing, only 6k km's on it!!! It was the Holy Grail moment for me lol...
20161023_152548.jpg
20161023_152554.jpg
20161023_151139.jpg

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Not a huge update other than ive been using away at it when the sun is out but i also took the car to Dubshed and got afew nice comments altho the car still does need paint in places which will get done over the winter but happy to get this summer out of it.
Screenshot_20170518-200612.jpg
Screenshot_20170518-200803.jpg

Next up was i came across this 1 owner from new 2003 Polo 1.4TDI Sport with only 32k miles on it so a deal was done and it was mine. Have to say it's a nice drive.
20170518_200014.jpg

So if anyone is interested in a cheap daily/project car I'm going to stick my 6n2 Polo 1.4TDI up for sale.
There's 143k on it with timing belt & clutch recently replaced,bodywork has abit of lacquer peel and a few dents but I've had it 5years and it's been great. It will come with the Genuine Polo GTI Xenon headlights along with the GTI splitter & grille. But I am keeping the G60 rims:p If no interest then I will break it and sell the bits separate on ebay bit would rather sell complete.
Screenshot_20170518-215736.jpg

Last edited:

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The plate was from my black 1996 Polo 16v but it wasn't an Open air..
Think that was about 8 years ago, youve a good memory @amg306 lol..

I would have been fairly certain that it was the reg of a Polo when I went to Lisburn Tec, was def black but more than likely a 1.0 at that time!!

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Yes it was mine, bought it off a friend as it needed a gearbox. Got one for it and drove it for a few years, it was a great wee car, 100bhp felt so quick then lol..
I'd owned two of them, I'd love another but rust gets them pretty bad so not many left..

Reactions: AMG

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
I took the Coupe to Titanic Dubs yesterday with a mate in his mk2 Polo Breadvan, first tike ive had it out since Districts Show as havnt had time but it was enjoyable to get it out of the garage again.

It was a great day out as thankfully the weather was great compared to last year.

To my amazement/shock i ended up winning a Trophy for one of the Ten of the Best which was brilliant, really made my day! Didnt even know the prizegiving was happening as I was talking to a fellow dubber at the time!
20171001_145529.jpg

20170930_160756.jpg

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Iv my eye on a breadvan to make a promotional bus for myself & this is giving me a push in the right direction to go rap their door....Like right now. Lol. Health to enjoy

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Small update!
The Polo has been off the road since Titanic Dubs but finally got round to getting it out for a drive afew weeks back and really had missed how much fun the wee car is to drive.
I got it accepted to show inside at Dubshed next month so I got a MOT booked for this weekend so after it passed I took a couple of photos!
Plans are to change the gearbox oil, fit a new fan belt and replace coolant bottle then it'll be ready for the summer!
20180310_194300.jpg

Screenshot_20180310-223343.png

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
have a lovely retro here myself been waiting on a excuse to run it must get a thread up for it all road legal but afraid of putting miles on her lol ! a 1991 astra sxi estate 35k one owner one mot in its lifetime to get legal this year

KJS

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Tiguan
20170518_200014-jpg.146201

Next up was i came across this 1 owner from new 2003 Polo 1.4TDI Sport with only 32k miles on it so a deal was done and it was mine. Have to say it's a nice drive.

Love the 9N shape, after one similar sport spec for the Misses in 1.4 16V FSI. Very rare to come by with low mileage as yours. Health to Drive :grinning:

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Love the 9N shape, after one similar sport spec for the Misses in 1.4 16V FSI. Very rare to come by with low mileage as yours. Health to Drive :grinning:

Have to say I'm not a huge fan of the headlights but I had to buy it at the miles/spec. It' just turned 40k miles which isn't too bad lol.
I always take a notion to sell it as I've these other Polo's aswell but it's so easy to run I can' seem to!

Last edited:

domo gti

RMS Regular
OP
domo gti
Drives
6n2/PoloGTI+
Screenshot_20190511-112503_Samsung Internet.jpg

Going to be putting my daily driver Polo up for sale within the next week or two incase anyone on here is interested. Car is a 2003 Polo 1.4 TDI Sport, im only the second owner and the car has just turned 50k miles so very very low miles for the age altho afew usual marks on the body with it being near 15 years old.
Anyone interested PM me.
I should have it up on Autotrader etc from next weekend as thats when i hopefully pick up the new daily.