2.0 MX5 ND Recaro Sport

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Apple Carplay is standard on the ND2 (2018+) models but can be retrofitted to the ND1 model. There is a small box in the dash that needs swapped out and two new cables installed. Genuine Mazda parts are available for under £100 delivered. This gives me google maps and saves me having to buy a new SD card to update the Mazda satnav which doesnt seem that good anyway. It required a fair bit of stripping and I did have to update the firmware on the car to get it to recognise the new USB box. I was concerned about messing up the firmware update as there were reports of costing £1000 to replace CPU. You have to depress the clutch every 10-15 minutes to avoid the car sleeping during the install, and press a few buttons in sequence, but it's all documented well online, and forty minutes sorted it. Hardest part was finding firmware, since Mazda have tried to remove it from online sources.

IMG_3862.jpeg

IMG_3841.JPEG
IMG_3855.JPEG
IMG_3856.JPEG
IMG_3857.JPEG
IMG_3863.JPEG
IMG_3885.JPEG
IMG_3886.JPEG

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Boot light looks smart!
The outer lights that the boot strip matches with are they the tails or brake lights?

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Boot light looks smart!
The outer lights that the boot strip matches with are they the tails or brake lights?
Cheers Ben. They are tail lights so all the strips stay on, the brake lights are the round parts

PAULW

RMS Regular
Lovely car, the boot lights look very OEM. Like others mentioned, think a set of springs would really finish it off.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just seeing this, very nice and like the boot light - first thing I thought you should change is the exhaust as it looks like two wee pea shooters but I see you have sourced one anyway :grinning:

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Lovely car, the boot lights look very OEM. Like others mentioned, think a set of springs would really finish it off.
Cheers Paul. Tempted to get a set of Eibachs in it. Drives nicely just sits very high.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Tail light looks brilliant! Pure chance that it lines up perfectly with the tail lights.

Car looks well, considered one myself, love the seats.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
The exhaust arrived today, handy fitted too with the removal of two exhaust bolts that weren’t seized for a change. I have the baffle full inserted into one tip so it’s at its quietest. Only have a cold start video immediately after it was fitted - and it must have been full of condensation.

604DCFAA-B61C-41D4-BEFB-FCE247B35DB1.jpeg
AAA4AE54-D857-4E18-8C03-426567DBB15D.jpeg
7CECABFE-0D51-42A2-B534-DE34D4147366.jpeg
FDDFC034-06F8-4068-9DB5-60909D80E98D.jpeg
6D327238-E08F-46E7-8875-90E09428D154.jpeg
6669E0CE-E15E-4BAB-A14D-D993B6569C35.jpeg
ED5EA2AD-BC3C-4EFC-9546-8BB930066E98.jpeg
BDEED1A4-BF6D-45D7-A5C3-B4EBFEB5A1E2.jpeg
A23FAB82-2C4D-4367-8361-527B9090B190.jpeg
00D6A1D7-6FF3-439A-98C1-419FA618E468.jpeg

KevM

RMS Regular
Would this have been at the Petrol station on the Knock carriageway this afternoon?

If it wasn't, there was an identical one, lowered with Wheel spacers. It looked fantastic!

migs

RMS Regular
Very nice Adam, had seen your dad in this a few times before he passed. Great to be able to hold onto it and enjoy it.

My mum and dad have just bought an RF Launch Edition in red and they love it! I must show them the rear light mod, it looks absolutely fantastic!

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Very nice Adam, had seen your dad in this a few times before he passed. Great to be able to hold onto it and enjoy it.

My mum and dad have just bought an RF Launch Edition in red and they love it! I must show them the rear light mod, it looks absolutely fantastic!
Cheers Jamie. I see you mum and dad about the odd time in it and always wave 👍🏻 I love soul red in them too, and your dad always keeps his motors clean.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
really like that, some nice touches in the interior.

I was considering a rear light mod on my 718 like that, seen a few done to follow the look of the new 911, think it looks really well.

Totally get what you are saying about the experience as well, i think its the roof down driving experience. I could be having the worst day ever, but take the 718 out with the roof down, there is nothing like it for clearing your head.

warren

RMS Photographer
I absolutely love these, can for sure see me owning one in the future. That light strip looks superb too, very OE.

Would be cool to get a few videos of it driving with the new exhaust on it, I’d say it’s worth it for the new tips alone, the standard ones are a bit ….. naff.

Looks like your having a blast with it anyway! Will be fun to see what else you do with it.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I absolutely love these, can for sure see me owning one in the future. That light strip looks superb too, very OE.

Would be cool to get a few videos of it driving with the new exhaust on it, I’d say it’s worth it for the new tips alone, the standard ones are a bit ….. naff.

Looks like your having a blast with it anyway! Will be fun to see what else you do with it.
Cheers Warren! I hope to get a video it now that it's run in a bit. There are four ways to adjust the sound, using a baffle that can be inserted into three positions or removed completely. I currently have it set fully inserted which is the quietest and most 'treble'. It sounded decent when I was on level -2 in an empty Victoria Square early last Sunday morning (y)
I'm probably going to get a set of 30mm Eibach springs for it, as it's really high looking.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I picked up a set of 20mm spacers, and tried them on the rear. Do they stick out a bit too much? I've a set of springs to go in, to lower it about 25mm.

spacer-3.jpg
spacer-2.jpg
spacer-1.jpg

Last edited:

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Too much? No! (Unless the wheels buff when driving hard)
Wheels will also camber in slightly when dropped too 👍

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Too much? No! (Unless the wheels buff when driving hard)
Wheels will also camber in slightly when dropped too 👍
Seems to be quite a bit of adjustment on these cars on the rear! 20mm seems to be the most common amount with 15mm on the fronts. Just debating whether to go 15mm all round instead. Really need to find mudflaps now, cant find any wide ones and already the car is a total mess with dirt the whole way up both sides.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
I gave the car a bit of clean today, detarring and polish with SRP. I've a few mods in the pipeline including some new wheels. I do like the Recaro wheels, but just fancy something a bit different. The photo below has been photoshopped to lower the car, although I do have springs here to get fitted.

Open to suggestions, 17" x 7 or 7.5. I want to swap over my current tyres which are 205/45/17, and I think an 8" rim would be pushing it.

DSC_0609 copy.jpg

Some options that came up in a search online

OZ Alleggerita
OZ-Alleggerita.JPG

OZ Alleggerita
MX5_NC_OZ_Alleggerita_05.jpg

MX-5 Miata Forum.jpg
d2fdefb6-22a5-493f-a0dc-bc77f284e802.jpg
Mazda Miata MX-5 ND _ NDRF Mk4 (2016+) Parts & Accessories - TopMiata.jpg
download.jpg

Advan RZ2 (not in indigo blue)
MX-5_Miata personalizados - Página 6 - Foro del Club Mazda MX-5 de España.jpg