2.0 MX5 ND Recaro Sport

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
At that time it was a standard NB 1.8 just with a lightened flywheel and a decat single box system and an ME221 ECU just running an off the shelf map for an exocet.

Was about to say I don't have any videos of it from the outside but there's this one of the 2018 Dungannon Springfling Targa in Windmill Wood, just around 2 mins in.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
At that time it was a standard NB 1.8 just with a lightened flywheel and a decat single box system and an ME221 ECU just running an off the shelf map for an exocet.

Was about to say I don't have any videos of it from the outside but there's this one of the 2018 Dungannon Springfling Targa in Windmill Wood, just around 2 mins in.

Very good, enjoyed the clip of it.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220

Now I know why there's no MK2.5's left on the road these days! That looks like some craic......

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
It's not a game for one as clean as your car @Johnny_E , mine was a £650 English MOT speshul that already had some reasonable rusty bits on it so I'm not that precious about it.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Some photos of the new brakes I fitted recently, Wilwood 12.88" discs with 6 piston calipers finished in red. It was a pretty straightforward installation process (hardest part was getting the specified 271 Loctite). Also bought a inch-pound torque wrench to ensure the bolts were torqued to spec and changed the brake fluid whilst at it. Painted the rear calipers red to match. Braking well, firm pedal,no vibrations, and looks good under the black rims.

brakes00.jpg
brakes02.jpg
brakes03.jpg
brakes04.jpg
brakes05.jpg
brakes06.jpg
brakes07.jpg
brakes08.jpg
brakes09.jpg

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
That's a great upgrade. Wheel/brake combo looks fantastic. This has to one of the nicest mk4's in the country.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
@gav525 cheers Gav
@Todd thanks Todd, pretty happy so far
@Ruairi83 appreciate it, just not totally 100% on the height of the rear
@Ben P cheers Ben :heart_eyes:
@soupz thank you, getting there!
@Boydie 100% agree on the rear. Looking at it now parked outside, it is sitting level, but sometime when it looks high at the back. Not sure if it sits lowers when Im in it either. I think the only option will be coilovers if I want a precise ride height.

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
@gav525 cheers Gav
@Todd thanks Todd, pretty happy so far
@Ruairi83 appreciate it, just not totally 100% on the height of the rear
@Ben P cheers Ben :heart_eyes:
@soupz thank you, getting there!
@Boydie 100% agree on the rear. Looking at it now parked outside, it is sitting level, but sometime when it looks high at the back. Not sure if it sits lowers when Im in it either. I think the only option will be coilovers if I want a precise ride height.
Set of Meisters..... You'll not regret it. Those fellas (Jerrick was the name) know mx5s inside out and helped me get mine set up perfectly. Pre tension is dialled in separately to your rebound. Dual perch design means that ride height adjustments dont effect the damping dynamics.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
OP
saxo_man
Set of Meisters..... You'll not regret it. Those fellas (Jerrick was the name) know mx5s inside out and helped me get mine set up perfectly. Pre tension is dialled in separately to your rebound. Dual perch design means that ride height adjustments dont effect the damping dynamics.
I’d be tempted but having just paid for springs and full alignment, forking out maybe £2k isn’t happening Johnny! Which ones do you have? ClubRace? GT1? Zeta?

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
I’d be tempted but having just paid for springs and full alignment, forking out maybe £2k isn’t happening Johnny! Which ones do you have? ClubRace? GT1? Zeta?
Zeta CRD on mine. If you don't intend tracking the car, they're great. Spring rates are tuned for fast road use. A good upgrade over OE but not at all thrashy.

They have 32 stages of adjustment. I was told exactly how many mm of pre tension to dial into each corner before fitting.

Then... Set fully hard and click back to the desired rebound setting. You set the rears 2 clicks softer... Then have fun finding the sweet spot! I think I'm on -10F -12R now.