2011 Audi Q5 2.0TDI Quattro S-Line Special Edition

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Back in Glasgow now and did the trip in reverse this morning from Aboyne to Glenshee to Blairgowrie to Glasgow. May have been even better on way back.

First time I’ve done it in reverse and maybe as well because it was early Sunday morning but the roads were empty and I had a hoot. Would have been amazing in my S3 but I had just as much fun in the Q5.

Coming the opposite direction must have been a car club. Saw a mixture of really old sports cars to an orange Huracan, Dakar M3, F430, 355, B5 RS4, Quattro’s and a Fiat 125!

Saw what must have been a Z4 run as there was a lot of them parked up in the town of Braemar.

Just a couple photos today and a short video:

9F6A3989-79EA-4543-9B43-17F4C76FF17D.jpeg
4B28C3AB-B2D7-44F5-BD3F-9F73ED5784F8.jpeg

View in 1080p :cool:

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Seen the roof box when I passed your house yesterday, looks class!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Sure you knew yourself :p

37BFE1FE-AA2A-4EEC-A00C-8FAE1580E754.jpeg

Booked in with PMG at the end of the month while my mother in law is on holiday so we can use her jeep.

Going for full correction detail and Gtechniq Ultra Gloss coating. Can not wait!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Q5 now ceramic coated in Gtechniq ultra - phenomenal work by @big_pete and the guys at PMG

The reflection off it now is insane and makes the car stand out even more than normal. We are both over the moon and my wife is extra happy with it as she’s being more protective over it than me lol

First wash hopefully this evening as there is a layer of dust on it now, can’t wait to see the beading!

BAD95F2B-748E-4527-9ACE-94830BA880BE.jpeg

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
You seem to be getting on well with the Q5, Andrew. It certainly looks the part. Looks like Pete has done a brilliant job on her (y)

I couldn't warm to ours at all, found the steering heavy and the infotainment too hard to know what button to press while driving.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Seriously thinking of getting a Coating put on the 944 when it's back from AG. Need to have a chat to Pete at some stage.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
You seem to be getting on well with the Q5, Andrew. It certainly looks the part. Looks like Pete has done a brilliant job on her (y)

I couldn't warm to ours at all, found the steering heavy and the infotainment too hard to know what button to press while driving.

Yeah steven mentioned that - I am an Audi nut as you know but I do know what you mean, the steering is a bit off compared to what I am used too.

Marc

RMS Moderator

Same here, I had an SQ5 for a few months and could gel with it, wondering if X5 would b a better job :grinning:

The Q5 is a great looking wagon tho so it’s a pity.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Same here, I had an SQ5 for a few months and could gel with it, wondering if X5 would b a better job :grinning:

The Q5 is a great looking wagon tho so it’s a pity.

We changed to 3.0 X3 and very happy with it! X5 would be awesome

PaulYDP

RMS Regular
Drives
R1 Turbo
Saw this driving past in Delamont yesterday Boydie, looks really well in the flesh - very clean!

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
Another road trip under the belt in the Q5 around Scotland - 912 miles door to door from Belfast to Findhorn and back. Trip was faultless, comfy and fun even though the Q5 is terribly under powered but hoping to resolve that later this month with Revo map

The route:

roadtrip2018.jpg

Stayed a couple of nights last week in Glasgow with my Auntie then headed North West through Loch Lomond then further west towards Oban. It is a hard place to put into words or even capture on camera, you just have to go over yourself and experience the roads and scenery.

This was the first time I had done this trip in such good weather, it really transform the country and just makes every road and view breath taking.

We stopped at a place called Crenagh for coffee and tablet :cool: so check out the views:

NDFM0595[1].JPG

IMG_E2460[1].JPG

IMG_E2461[1].JPG

IMG_E2463[1].JPG

What a spot and coffee was great too!

We ended our days trip in Fort William at the Achintee Farm Guest House - found this on booking.com and what a spot for a B&B:

IMG_E2470[1].JPG

The farm house is pictured bottom and the Ben Nevis Inn just above so just stumbling distance for dinner and drinks :cool:

It is a converted barn and again, the views of the Nevis Range were awesome!

IMG_E2469[1].JPG

Up early the next day to take the gondola up Aonach Mor for a walk and coffee. I love being up the mountains, prefer it to be snowing but again, just such a place to be!

IMG_2491[1].JPG

IMG_2492[1].JPG

Mark_C

RMS Regular
You were so close to Aberfeldy and Kenmore, next time detour to Aberfeldy take a run up Glen Lyon. 22 miles of single track road with a lovely wee cafe half way up..on way back come across Ben lawers to Killin. If you're any way fascinated by large scale civil engineering there are some pretty impressive hydroelectric schemes.

Scotland really is something else, it knocks basically everywhere into a cocked hat. I literally count down the days until we can move to Aberfeldy.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Ps, you probably know but there are several ski resorts in the cairngorns well worth a winter visit.

Boydie

RMS Regular
OP
Boydie
Drives
S3 Revo
A photo from the bottom of Aonach Mor, would love to get the snowboard there next season:

XEGK1281[1].JPG

Then we headed north east along Loch Ness, no photos really at all as we needed to get the Inverness to do some baby shopping for the weekend. Driving along the loch with the sun beating off it was just mind blowing, such an epic drive!

Few days in Findhorn, really beautiful sea port where we ended up staying an extra night :grinning:

As always with Scotland, we like to hit a distillery or two. This year we chose Glen Moray and The Macallan - both great in the own ways but Macallan was just unreal, what a historic brand and had a great lunch there too :grinning:

Selections of casks at Glen Moray where I bought a 15 year old

IMG_2555[1].JPG

Outside of The Macallan and their new distillery. Unfortunately we were not able to get a tour but were able to walk the grounds and have lunch, bought a 12 there too :grinning:

IMG_2556[1].JPG

IMG_2561[1].JPG

Drive home was being debated. My wife wanted a direct route back to Glasgow which I of course said, "yes dear!" ;)

I waited until she was asleep, inevitable, headed to Granton on Spey and hit the A939 through East Cairngorms :cool: also known as "The Old Military Road"

This is the second of third time along this stretch of road and its a car journalists favourite

IMG_2605[1].JPG

Stopped at Glenshee for lunch which we seems to do each time

IMG_2614[1].JPG

My auntie rang and said there was a bad accident at Perth so we headed across country towards Loch Lomond again. I really wanted to hit the Trossachs and The Dukes Pass again but baby ended up dictating the route. However, we did stop at a picturesque layby with coffee shop so he could have a feed :grinning:

IMG_2619[1].JPG

IMG_E2620[1].JPG

Then the usual uneventful drive from Glasgow to Cairnryan - really do hate this road due to slow coaches, road works, lorries and caravans etc... I had one good stretch about 10 miles left which brightened the trip up a bit.

Looking forward to the next one!

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
That looks epic!! If I didnt do so many miles a year delivering cars I would be away doing that trip. Priity much on our doorstep too :grinning: