2013 AUDI S6 (JAP IMPORT)

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I said I wouldn’t do it but my quest for noise has continued and this turned up last week..It hasn’t been fitted just yet so no noise clips yet.

View attachment 360058

As I couldn’t settle on new wheels I ordered 2x 20x9 to replace the front 2x 10 wide fronts so they will tuck under the arch and allow me to lower the car.
What made you go the milltek?

Been looking at S4/s6s so obviously been on YouTube looking at exhausts lol

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
I got a really good deal on it as we supply the majority of the Uk with them. Plus my RS4 is fitted with one and I also had one on my RS6.

RS4

RS6

Happy days!

Sounds great to in that flyby!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
There is an S4 popping around Lurgan and it must have a smaller pulley on the supercharger as it sounds immense.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
@mark19 if your ever in the Portadown area gimme a shout and you can take the S6 a run to see what you think.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Nice! How does it differ to a UK spec version being from Japan?

I haven’t actually checked that out yet. What i do know is I need an MMI unit in English asap lol.

Also my 9 wide wheels arrived today and now the decision has to be made on what colour todo them.

They are currently this colour
0B065E98-92E7-421A-B997-6A977B394B1F.jpeg

This is option B
66A68F9E-6CC7-4621-ABD5-DDEC53E6B58C.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Can the mmi language not be changed on menu or with VCDS?

I have no DAB and the signal on the radio is *****, I thought I could jump into the car plug my phone in and jobs a good one but that`s not the case. Im going to give Audio Advice a shout tomorrow to see if they can maybe sort something out for me.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
I have no DAB and the signal on the radio is *****, I thought I could jump into the car plug my phone in and jobs a good one but that`s not the case. Im going to give Audio Advice a shout tomorrow to see if they can maybe sort something out for me.
There is a couple of guys on Audi-sport in the traders section who have kits for these, a4 and q5 etc that seem great job. Ash at Audi-retrofit is amazing and sells kits too bud.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Thanks a lot I will look into that Audi-Retrofit now I really miss decent radio.

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
After returning home from an awesome Sunday drive with some members and good friends. I received a lovely phone call from my insurance company to tell me they where removing the S6 from my policy as it’s a jap import this is two months down the line apparently it came up when they reviewed my policy.

So yesterday I rang a lot of companies to try and get cover Green light being one of them and they where more than useless told me I’d have a hard job insuring it this just added to my annoyance. Any way I got on the phone to Adrian Flux and boom policy sorted and back on the road she went.

I had the Milltek fitted last week wheels are away to be painted and then it will be lowered once they are ready and I hope it’s some time this week. It is nice to have some noise from the car now it’s not as loud as I had hoped but there is something there lol 😂.

Quick picture from Sunday

984EE084-1F8E-46BE-B8C1-0C3B93C52E30.jpeg

Thanks @warren for the picture.

I also got word today that my plate was transferred on so i took a run out to Neil @rockvale and picked my new plates..still keeping with the JDM plates as it is a jap motor but I think this reg is very fitting.

9E103F13-C551-4415-BC6F-57E8BDA089CE.jpeg

That’s all for now..

Chris0

RMS Regular
After returning home from an awesome Sunday drive with some members and good friends. I received a lovely phone call from my insurance company to tell me they where removing the S6 from my policy as it’s a jap import this is two months down the line apparently it came up when they reviewed my policy.

So yesterday I rang a lot of companies to try and get cover Green light being one of them and they where more than useless told me I’d have a hard job insuring it this just added to my annoyance. Any way I got on the phone to Adrian Flux and boom policy sorted and back on the road she went.

I had the Milltek fitted last week wheels are away to be painted and then it will be lowered once they are ready and I hope it’s some time this week. It is nice to have some noise from the car now it’s not as loud as I had hoped but there is something there lol 😂.

Quick picture from Sunday

View attachment 362363

Thanks @warren for the picture.

I also got word today that my plate was transferred on so i took a run out to Neil @rockvale and picked my new plates..still keeping with the JDM plates as it is a jap motor but I think this reg is very fitting.

View attachment 362365

That’s all for now..
Love this monster! After following you for a bit on Sunday I was actually thinking a different plate would suit it.

Also I have been using Advance Insurance in England for any import insurance and they have been great surprisingly cheap as well

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Love this monster! After following you for a bit on Sunday I was actually thinking a different plate would suit it.

Also I have been using Advance Insurance in England for any import insurance and they have been great surprisingly cheap as well

Thanks a lot Chris :grinning: . I must check advance out and see what they are like compared to Flux they where £850 and that included total loss.

Lovely, lovely car.

Thanks a lot. Its something a little bit different.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
That's madness with the insurance. Surely its next to no different form a UK model?

Was saying to the missus on Sunday that those bronze wheels would look the part on my XF, but unfortunately they're not as common a stud pattern. I think they really suit it, but dark would look good too.

gleyland44

RMS Regular
Drives
Noble M12's
This thing looked lovely on Sunday! A lot of road presence seeing it come down the road behind me.

Exhaust is fantastic too, lovely note off it!

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
That's madness with the insurance. Surely its next to no different form a UK model?

Was saying to the missus on Sunday that those bronze wheels would look the part on my XF, but unfortunately they're not as common a stud pattern. I think they really suit it, but dark would look good too.

It has extra sound proofing that`s the only difference I can see on the spec of it. I plan on adding some carbon bits to it and I think the grey would tie in better with it but I have not fully convinced myself yet.

Really poor picture of the grey beside the car.

FDB4D872-DD25-4780-BD58-80B13FD80926.jpeg

Tufty

RMS Regular
OP
Tufty
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
This thing looked lovely on Sunday! A lot of road presence seeing it come down the road behind me.

Exhaust is fantastic too, lovely note off it!

Thanks a lot. I think i need to let someone drive it so I can hear it as it seems fairly silent when driving the car.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Agree with you on Greenlight, i left them years ago with my modified policies as they were arrogant pr1cks on the phone.

I like the greyish colour above for the wheels.