2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
It's no slouch now ... It's rapid to be honest.

I just really want a GTR, among other cars but GTR is top of the wish list. Alfa was never going to be long term but it is a cracking car definately no negatives forcing the potential change

I didn't think it would be, but sounded like you were after silly power, which I would think the Alfa could deliver with a map.

If it's time for a change then it's time lol, has been nice to see something different anyway! Even after a few years out, I think I've maybe seen 2 or 3 qfs in person

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Up to AI on Friday and by lunch time I had the following carried out.

Lowered on ST Springs (KW)
AHM Exhaust Control Valve Fitted
New Varta Battery thanks to @Woodcutter

Washed today and topped up with some quick detailer. Got to try out my new BLO unit from @Davey@Procar also, absolutely brilliant and well worth the extra for the bigger one.

Springs probably still have to settle a bit but the ride height at present is brilliant and still the same quality of ride.

IMG_20191110_131402456_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131414743_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131443970_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131432152_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131451667_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131640924_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191110_131621962_HDR.jpg

All hands on deck now to get the new house finished for January so once my package from TMC Motorsport arrives that's the last of the parts for the Alfa.

Chris

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Why the need for a new battery already?

My stock one dropped to 41% randomly and Alfa checked it and it was ok and they recharged. However it never filled me with confidence so got an uprated Varta one. More just a future proof thing rather than a necessity.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
You not sold this yet? Not like you @ChrisL to keep a car this long

3.5 months ownership and still love it ....

I've decided what I want next though lol autotrader is just a no go for me ... But won't be until we are into the new house etc.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
Looks great @ChrisL , springs make such a difference. Just watch the front splitter 😉, let me know how you go with the new battery, might stick one in mine.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Looks great @ChrisL , springs make such a difference. Just watch the front splitter 😉, let me know how you go with the new battery, might stick one in mine.

Will do mate ...

I'm parking at least a foot out from kerbs ... Really don't want the bill to replace that front splitter :worried:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
lovely lovely car, pity on the arch gap on them, its still pretty big even with the springs in,

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
lovely lovely car, pity on the arch gap on them, its still pretty big even with the springs in,

Its nearing the top of the tyres now they have settled more. However its not the type of car to be railed ... the suspension setup from standard is on another level for handling etc so didnt want to mess with it too much. Just close the gap slightly more leaving enough room for some spacing on the front.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
@ChrisL how are you getting on with the mayvinci coating? Have you had any other coatings done before to compare it to? Also what wheel coating did you opt for?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@ChrisL how are you getting on with the mayvinci coating? Have you had any other coatings done before to compare it to? Also what wheel coating did you opt for?

Still doing its stuff but I've nothing to compare it to as it's my first coating. But I'm very impressed and makes cleaning the car a doddle.

Wheels and everything else bar the bodywork was gtechniq