2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
My friend has a silver one with carbon bits and yellow calipers! It’s epic, I prefer this colour tbh! I also don’t think they take as good a pics as they look in real life either.

Stunning car and one of the nicest rears I’ve ever seen.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thanks alot guys ... still loving the car!

Was only a matter of time before the pipe jokes kicked in @Boydie 😂

To Do List so far:

> Major Service has been completed by Alfa Belfast

> Tyres have been invoiced to the company I bought the car from, massive thanks to @RubberLover for getting everything sorted so fast. Ended up going for Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 seem to get rave reviews for anything high performance and come in the sizes I need too.

> Wee mark on the bumper like a cm in length so thankfully the dealership are also paying for this to be repaired also. Its going into Bodytech soon to have the bumper painted.

> Countdown is on to the end of this month when it goes into Robin @ Studio Ten for full correction and ceramic coating (inc glass and wheels)

Ordering lowering springs after that once the bank balance recovers

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Lucky man Chris. Stunning car 😎
If you and the fam hit the north coast give Kirsty and I a shout, I want a run and a catch up!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Lucky man Chris. Stunning car 😎
If you and the fam hit the north coast give Kirsty and I a shout, I want a run and a catch up!

Yes next time we are up there dude ill give you guys a buzz, meet you at Barrys for the craic lol

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport

To Do List so far:

> Tyres have been invoiced to the company I bought the car from, massive thanks to @RubberLover for getting everything sorted so fast. Ended up going for Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2 seem to get rave reviews for anything high performance and come in the sizes I need too.

> Wee mark on the bumper like a cm in length so thankfully the dealership are also paying for this to be repaired also. Its going into Bodytech soon to have the bumper painted.

> Countdown is on to the end of this month when it goes into Robin @ Studio Ten for full correction and ceramic coating (inc glass and wheels)

what coating are you going for? i see he is a mayvinci accredited detailer

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
what coating are you going for? i see he is a mayvinci accredited detailer

When we last spoke I thought he had mentioned a gtechniq coating (2 years)

Im just dropping the car off to him and letting him do his magic, however ill ask what products is he using for the coating. Maybe @Conor would know what he uses now.

zafturbo

RMS Regular

To Do List so far:

Robin looks to do a fantastic job .Meet him recently there and a genuinely nice guy it seems .will look stunning after a detail ,love these cars so much .

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Robin looks to do a fantastic job .Meet him recently there and a genuinely nice guy it seems .will look stunning after a detail ,love these cars so much .

Aye his OCDness is what attracted me to his work etc. Looking forward to seeing what he does with the paintwork.

My brother in law has bought some new camera kit so im going to convince him to snap the car properly for me after the detail etc.

Conor

RMS Regular

Im just dropping the car off to him and letting him do his magic, however ill ask what products is he using for the coating. Maybe @Conor would know what he uses now.

He uses G-Techniq as his standard product, with Mayvinci being the top of the line option. I know he really rates the Mayvinci stuff. I'll let him talk you through it but what he was telling me about the Mayvinci regenerative properties was very impressive.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
He uses G-Techniq as his standard product, with Mayvinci being the top of the line option. I know he really rates the Mayvinci stuff. I'll let him talk you through it but what he was telling me about the Mayvinci regenerative properties was very impressive.

Good to know, I just said to him work away with it lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular

Wouldn’t recommend gtechniq at all going by my last experience .

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Heading to Ivan Kerr's tomorrow to get the new tyres fitted, cant stand the Pirellis anymore, truly awful tyre. @RubberLover has been fantastic throughout this whole thing making sure I got the right tyres for the job and dealing with all the crap from the dealership I bought the car from as they were paying for them. Wouldn't use anyone else now for this type of thing.

x4 Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2's being fitted along with a well needed alignment! Cant wait to get it back

Also upgraded my coatings at Studio Ten to the Mayvinci products so im intrigued to see how it looks after that. Diffuser is going gloss back also on 2nd September down at Bodytech, last minute decision so that will get refined and coated with Robin afterwards.

johnm

RMS Regular
3 pages in and not a single interior pic?
Whats the extended red stitching about in the extras?

Looks amazing though & HTD

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
3 pages in and not a single interior pic?
Whats the extended red stitching about in the extras?

Looks amazing though & HTD

Thanks (y) Yes I know its a poor thread so far, i usually have plenty of pics by now but ive just been enjoying it and its always dirty when I go to take some new snaps. Ill grab some interior shots at lunch here. Im getting proper pics taken after Studio Ten get their hands on it.

Currently saving for AHM lowering springs and 10mm spacers all round! too !!

This is an inch drop apparently and 10mm spacers all round.

1565866703112.png

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Thanks (y) Yes I know its a poor thread so far, i usually have plenty of pics by now but ive just been enjoying it and its always dirty when I go to take some new snaps. Ill grab some interior shots at lunch here. Im getting proper pics taken after Studio Ten get their hands on it.

Currently saving for AHM lowering springs and 10mm spacers all round! too !!

This is an inch drop apparently and 10mm spacers all round.

View attachment 246937
Are coilovers expensive for these? It would need a bit more level drop at the rear for me personally!

Be interesting to see what you think of the mayvinci coatings after a while, Used to follow a deatiler in England who used them, Don't think anyone else over here uses them

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
The springs in the image above are Eibachs I think, im going for the AHM springs which have a better end result once settled. Coilovers I wouldnt touch for this car the suspension setup is pretty awesome from standard it just needs a slight bit of lowering to make it look perfect. Serious tech in this car so you would ruin it in my opinion with coilovers.

Ill keep you posted on the Mayvinci coatings, Robin swears by them so will be interesting to see how it works out once its all done!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
KW DDC coilovers seem to be the only decent ones released at present, prices start 3,609.99 it seems

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Christ that is a stunning car .the Mayvinci range looks good albeit expensive .the rep is a friend of mine and robin seems to rate it highly .what size are the tyres and are they in good shape or they nearly done as I have mismatch Pirelli on mine atm and need some and could possibly buy them from you .

ChrisL

RMS Regular
OP
ChrisL
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Christ that is a stunning car .the Mayvinci range looks good albeit expensive .the rep is a friend of mine and robin seems to rate it highly .what size are the tyres and are they in good shape or they nearly done as I have mismatch Pirelli on mine atm and need some and could possibly buy them from you .

There's 2.5/3mm on them I just don't like them and they are nearing end of life so managed to strike a deal with the dealership on getting new ones. They are 245/35/19 and 285/30/19 ... Will probably fire all 4 up for track/drift/spare tyres for 25 each