2019 Supra

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
It's sad that it needs needs to be photo shopped to look good. Speaks volumes.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Topgear posted a rumour that Toyota may make a Supra shooting brake ....

toyota-supra-shooting-brake-rendering.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I can’t hide my disappointment tbh, think they totally f**ked it
Shame, what could have been

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Is this a new engine or using an existing one ?im not reading 7 pages of guff about it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The BMW's are decent engines, whether they'll ever be a JZ replacement...hard to know.

If anything the front end of that new Aston on TGT the other night looked more Supra than the BMW version does.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
The car is basically a BMW Z3 3.0 straight six.
I remembered after I posted that ,that they were based on the z4 or whatever there called .if it was the m3-4 engine it would be tasty enough I would of thought .

colin84

RMS Regular
I remembered after I posted that ,that they were based on the z4 or whatever there called .if it was the m3-4 engine it would be tasty enough I would of thought .

Yes a Z4, dunno why I said a Z3. Without reading back over it, I think it is a single turbo.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
The more I read about it the more it sounds like it will indeed be a very capable sports car, and probably very tuneable. But it's quite removed from what everyone's idea of what the Mk5 Supra would be that it might be a hard sell for Toyota.

... and this really emphasises things, the game has moved on somewhat and the Supra's longtime competitors in Japan (the NSX and GTR) have moved with it. The NSX is a full on supercar in price, performance and tech. The R35 was a junior supercar of sorts in terms of price and market, even though it could outperform many supercars - but the R36 will likely move up a level again if the price and hybrid tech rumours are true.

Meanwhile, the Supra has strangely moved downwards into a segment where it's competing with Z4s, Caymans and the likes of the Alpine A110.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
It's a Supra for those who perhaps didn't know or truly appreciate the mk4 for what it is. This isn't even close in my mind of what it should be , it's a Z4 in a frock so it will never be a Supra in my mind. It's only wearing it's badge, it's never going to own it.