a-kem automotive

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ross explain the procedure for applying Ultra Gloss again? I sprayed it on the car when it was wet, left it for a few minutes, then rinsed off. But I was left with this on a lot of the car;

Am I doing something wrong?

It's hard to tell in the photo, but it definitely does look glossier in general though!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Ross explain the procedure for applying Ultra Gloss again? I sprayed it on the car when it was wet, left it for a few minutes, then rinsed off. But I was left with this on a lot of the car;

Am I doing something wrong?

It's hard to tell in the photo, but it definitely does look glossier in general though!

best not to let it sit. I personally spray it on a power hose it off. Then sheet water over whole car.

not sure if that's correct , but it works for me.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
@Lyons spray it on and rinse it off straight away, no need and don't let it sit. If it drys on a little it will leave those marks.

Make sure you rinse it off well.

If used correct it's great stuff.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Did you dilute it well down @Lyons? I spray it on, and rinse it off

Looks like too much residue left on?

Car looks fantastic though mate

AC

RMS Regular
Rather than rinse it off, would then drying it with a microfibre towel be ok straight after application?

It does leave a nice finish after rinsing and then drying, just curious of the above.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Did you dilute it well down @Lyons? I spray it on, and rinse it off

Looks like too much residue left on?

Car looks fantastic though mate

About 4:1. What should it be?! In my head I thought I needed to leave it on a while to take hold.

I'll spray on and rinse immediately next time.

I assume you spray the whole car then rinse, you don't need to rinse each side quicker than that?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
All these kinds of products really need to be rinsed off and not left to dry, to avoid streaking.

For the same reason, avoid applying in the sun, or on hot metal.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
About 4:1. What should it be?! In my head I thought I needed to leave it on a while to take hold.

I assume you spray the whole car then rinse, you don't need to rinse each side quicker than that?
Dilute 10:1
In saying that I done missus car yesterday and rinsed off straight away and had a few streaks myself.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

4:1 is too strong. Label says 10:1 but as Chris says, you don't need a lot. I always rinse it off once I've went round the entire car.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
how do you guys apply your ultragloss?

I use this, but its not ideal
41ceHNQqDEL._SX425_.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Got a decent hozelock one and work great.

Just picked up one of those from B&Q today, looked great, looking forward to trying it. New toys :grinning:

Before I had exactly the one @hannakournikova showed above, was ok but the spray was feable and I just had to forever keep pumping it up as well. And it leaked too, lol.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for :innocent:

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late

As a few of the guys have said, about 10:1

Spray round the car, and then rinse off completely mate

O.C.D

RMS Regular
When you rinse it off immediately does that give it enough time to cling to the paint work and do its magic...actually looking forward to trying this for the first time when i get it.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Ok mate does davey in pro car hold most of your range ....BTW my sister and bro in law live on the Grove road not far from you, small world.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Davey should have most things in. He was off last week on a break, and I missed calling in with him for his start of the month re-stock!
Who is your sis dude? PM if you like - Small world indeed!

O.C.D

RMS Regular
The bro in law is Declan Haughian and my sis is Pauline. Wont get to daveys until nxt monday so you might have re-stocked him by then.(y)