Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Well after just over 3 weeks with Giulia its safe to say that i made the right choice, WHAT a car it is !!

Ride and handling are simply superb, the turn in is incredible and the way it rides uneven surfaces is sublime, the shotgun blasts out the exhaust when changing up at red line in Dynamic or Race are superb but if you want it to be subtle and non intrusive a quick turn of the dial into N (Natural) or dare i say it A (Advance Efficiency) turns the car into a complete pussy cat. I am still exploring my limits, the car has plenty more to give, i'm just not brave enough yet !!

Its deceptively quick, you look down after a quick trip to the red line and you are well into three figures yet you feel like you are doing 70..Its significantly faster than the RS4 was except in cold wet conditions but that's down to the tyres. I will get a set of winters for her as soon as they come back into stock in the correct size and maybe a set of spare wheels to go with them, the Corsas have loads of life left in them so no point dumping them but as i have found out in cold weather below about 10 degrees they are utterly useless unless you can get some heat into them.

Have ordered a few bits and pieces for her, a quick email to AHM has sorted out an Remote Exhaust Valve controller and a set of their own lowering springs to sort out the ride height especially at the front, the early cars were a good bit lower but they updated the springs and increased the ride height from late 17 onwards. I will hopefully get it down to Johnny @ AI Autosport to get both fitted in a couple of weeks. Also thinking i might get the rear diffuser sprayed piano black, have seen a couple of carbon diffusers that match the rest of the exposed carbon but the fit doesn't look great and i'm not willing to put any crap onto it.

Only other mod i might make is changing the calipers to the yellow versions however i am still undecided on this..

My Alfa love affair has well and truly been reignited, I have never had a car that so many people come up and want to talk about at filing stations..

Last edited:

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Well after just over 3 weeks with Giulia its safe to say that i made the right choice, WHAT a car it is !!

Ride and handling are simply superb, the turn in is incredible and the way it rides uneven surfaces is sublime, the shotgun blasts out the exhaust when changing up at red line in Dynamic or Race are superb but if you want it to be subtle and non intrusive a quick turn of the dial into N (Natural) or dare i say it A (Advance Efficiency) turns the car into a complete pussy cat. I am still exploring my limits, the car has plenty more to give, i'm just not brave enough yet !!

Its deceptively quick, you look down after a quick trip to the red line and you are well into three figures yet you feel like you are doing 70..Its significantly faster than the RS4 was except in cold wet conditions but that's down to the tyres. I will get a set of winters for her as soon as they come back into stock in the correct size and maybe a set of spare wheels to go with them, the Corsas have loads of life left in them so no point dumping them but as i have found out in cold weather below about 10 degrees they are utterly useless unless you can get some heat into them.

Have ordered a few bits and pieces for her, a quick email to AHM has sorted out an Remote Exhaust Valve controller and a set of their own lowering springs to sort out the ride height especially at the front, the early cars were a good bit lower but they updated the springs and increased the ride height from late 17 onwards. I will hopefully get it down to Johnny @ AI Autosport to get both fitted in a couple of weeks. Also thinking i might get the rear diffuser sprayed piano black, have seen a couple of carbon diffusers that match the rest of the exposed carbon but the fit doesn't look great and i'm not willing to put any crap onto it.

Only other mod i might make is changing the calipers to the yellow versions however i am still undecided on this..

My Alfa love affair has well and truly been reignited, I have never had a car that so many people come up and want to talk about at filing stations..

The reviews have all been pretty conclusive so not surprised to read this update, it's a hell of a car. Will have to pop round soon for a run in it.

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Yes! Oresum. Would like one of these or a 4C but not so keen on the flappy auto boxes. 8-(

I genuinely don't miss manual at all, the DSG in the RS4 was good but the ZF8 Speed auto in this is way better. Having had Manual/SMG/DSG and now Auto i would take this box over all of them. I'm a bit odd mind as i loved the SMG box in my old M3 when most didn't rate it at all..

Last edited:

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
The reviews have all been pretty conclusive so not surprised to read this update, it's a hell of a car. Will have to pop round soon for a run in it.

Any time you want dude, maybe not today ;) Took @Woodcutter out for a sail, probably shouldn’t have

Jonny

RMS Regular
Can’t believe how aggressive the rear valance is on this in person. Pictures don’t do it justice at all.

Love it!!!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Well feck me sideways this thing is a weapon, I'm totally in love with it, I was blown away!

So impressed with how it can comfortably cruise around town, then with the press of a button it's an absolutely animal! The noise is sublime. What a car!

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Well feck me sideways this thing is a weapon, I'm totally in love with it, I was blown away!

So impressed with how it can comfortably cruise around town, then with the press of a button it's an absolutely animal! The noise is sublime. What a car!

Cheers G. Glad you liked it.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Honestly, I think this is one of the nicest, if not the nicest cars on the road.

They just look gorgeous and in silver, you actually get to see all the good bits...

Best of luck with it (y)

Phil_D

RMS Regular
OP
Phil_D
Every time I look at it...I still don’t believe it’s mine..

FA9F7360-F1FD-4A06-86CD-2AE749B6CB49.jpeg

Last edited:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looking forward to meeting this beast tomorrow :cool:

One of a very few truly unique cars on sale at the moment.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Its bloody gorgeous, so aggressive from the rear, easily one of the best cars they have made

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Having seen this in the metal, it just reminds you how good the Italians are at making you feel special. I hopped back into a German car thinking... this is so boring. No doubt it looks cracker outside but from the drivers seat especially that interior is sublime.