Anyone doing wheel refurbs at the minute?

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Well, she got almost two weeks out of them, so back on the hunt for another offer from Bodyworx šŸ„²

These are the two fronts btw, it was apparently tight on the way in and later on the way out of the car park šŸ„‚

View attachment 412916

View attachment 412917

Iā€™ve got to the point now that I only tidy things on her car when Iā€™m selling it! Waste of time during ownership as it only gets damaged multiple times over šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Iā€™ve got to the point now that I only tidy things on her car when Iā€™m selling it! Waste of time during ownership as it only gets damaged multiple times over šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Mine kerbed one wheel within 24 hours. Tbh I wasnā€™t even mad, Iā€™ve just accepted these things in life.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI

Tell me about it ffs her car has had more hits than the Beatles. It goes back next month too.

IMG_6141.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Does anywhere near Belfast/Lisburn paint wheels and also polish lips? Or is it a case of just getting them a bright silver all over these days?

Ceejay

RMS Regular
Drives
ep3 type r
Just had mine done in powdertek. Ā£264 for the full set. Left the car in yesterday morning and got a call this morning to say it was ready, couldnā€™t recommend enough

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Powdertek really are first class and mega quick turnaround times too. They are the one exception to the cheap, quality and fast rule. I couldnā€™t recommend them enough

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Had my 4 19" rims refurbished at Autoworx Lurgan a few weeks back, did a great job and nice bunch of people to do business with and easily paid. Certainly recommend.

fatboysamo

RMS Regular
Had my 4 19" rims refurbished at Autoworx Lurgan a few weeks back, did a great job and nice bunch of people to do business with and easily paid. Certainly recommend.
Did you have to give them much notice? I am looking to get the wifeā€™s wheels done but she canā€™t make up her mind when she wants it done.

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Did you have to give them much notice? I am looking to get the wifeā€™s wheels done but she canā€™t make up her mind when she wants it done.
I gave them around a couple of weeks notice but only because I knew I was going away for a few days and wanted to have them done when I was away.
They usually turn them round in a couple of days. They are very accommodating so give them a call.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Got mine back from bodyworx on thurs. Will get a proper look at them tomorrow when I throw a dirty sponge and some fairy liquid over the motor tomorrow

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
is there anywhere that will loan a set of wheels while refurbing?
Looking to get my wheels done in the same couple of days im leaving a car in for some work

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I have a jetski trailer that I'm improving and the 10 wheels are a little rusty so I called Bodyworx about getting them blasted and painted.......I figured an hour's work.

Ā£65 plus vat each!!!.........Ā£156 WTF. 2 new ones with tyres are Ā£150 šŸ˜†

Looks like I'm going to have to get the lid off the hamerrite tin šŸ™„

Last edited:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I have a jetski trailer that I'm improving and the 10 wheels are a little rusty so I called Bodyworx about getting them blasted and painted.......I figured an hour's work.

Ā£65 plus vat each!!!.........Ā£156 WTF. 2 new ones with tyres are Ā£150 šŸ˜†

Looks like I'm going to have to get the lid off the hamerrite tin šŸ™„
Same price as for my 19s