Anyone doing wheel refurbs at the minute?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Something a bit different to wheel refurb but sent my Racingline brakes to Powdertek to get them stripped and painted red - just have seen pics so far but look good - pick up next week and get the logo filled in white.

View attachment 424726

View attachment 424727

I have Glacier White touch up paint for my S3, can I just fill the Racingline Logo with the touch up kit then what? Do I need to lacquer over it or what?

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I have Glacier White touch up paint for my S3, can I just fill the Racingline Logo with the touch up kit then what? Do I need to lacquer over it or what ?
Is it a halfords kit ? I know they come with primer, colour, lacquer. If it's a different brand it might not need lacquer. I've some in a touch up kit if u want, can't hurt to lacquer regardless I'd think.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Is it a halfords kit ? I know they come with primer, colour, lacquer. If it's a different brand it might not need lacquer. I've some in a touch up kit if u want, can't hurt to lacquer regardless I'd think.

Yeah halfords kit so has the 3 pens but the new brakes are already painted so do need to add primer to the logo, let it dry, paint, let it dry, add the lacquer?

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I wanted to change the colour of the 2002tii's wheels. I took them to Cobra Customs and went with satin gold. I'm happy with the result but it would of been nice to keep the polished rim.
IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3691.jpeg
IMG_3688.jpeg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That is such a cool car @Chris tii and the Gold really lifts the colour of the car also.

I have been asked to share some of my brothers recent work. They don't put a great deal up on Social Media as they dont have much time to to be honest.

View attachment 429339View attachment 429340View attachment 429341View attachment 429342View attachment 429343View attachment 429344

@Tufty ‘s brother did my F80 wheels in the picture above.

Thoroughly thoroughly impressed and their service is top notch.

Can’t recommend them enough.