Anyone have an Audi S4? B6

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
You going for APs? Please do as I need to know if they will go low enough for me (I don't think they will)

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
yeah trying to find out if they are ok for S4, no-one lists them as suitable but axle loads are fine so prob going to just buy them anyway.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I've never been overly impressed with AP. Better quality compared all of the other brands at that price range but still not great.

Rear shocks barely lasted 2 years/10000 miles.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
so seemingly the extra power of the S4 means the regular coilovers aren't suitable. Though Id have thought a 3.0TDI would be way torquier than an S4 and they are fine for that.

debating, 50/50 at the minute should I just feck it and fit them anyway.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Then just go for them.

Can you check if S4 avants have different load ratings for the springs than S4 saloons?

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
mine is 1230kg front, 1150kg rear if that helps. I had to look at the vin plate as could find feck all online.

the AP coilovers are 1250 max front, and 1165 rear or something like that.

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Everywhere I've read that the APs don't go much lower than 40mm at the back. I'm thinking if I get Saloon coilovers it'l level the back out.

pablo

RMS Moderator
OP
pablo
they really need to come down at the front. Im toying with saving my money and getting the B5 spring perches which give you -15mm at the front. They are about 40-50 quid vs 150 for H&R springs vs £430 for coilovers, arrrrrr decisions.

technics100

RMS Regular
Drives
Sportline 2.0t
Saw this on the M2 coming out of town on Friday night.. Looks good.. My brother has a set of Mint genuine B6 S4 wheel sin silver on Toyo's for sale..

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.