Arden VXR Clean

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thought id give the car a clean. Wasn't to bad tar removed with autoglym tar remover. Clayed with autoglym clay. Polished with super resin 1 coat of AG Hardwax then 2 coats of HD Wax. Tyres dressed with rubber plus and arch liners cleaned. Glass cleaned with fast glass then the new AG glass polish applied & removed. Didn't bother to much with the alloys as there heading to nu luk so just gave them a good wash and dried. First car ive ever bought that doesn't need the machine taken to it. Exhaust tip polished with super resin and a coat of HD Wax. Under bonnet paint and door check paint polished and sealed with AG hardwax. Few more parts ordered for under the bonnet send the alloys to nu luk few wee bits to tidy. Paint the brakes the factory blue. New year will then see more power with a remap. Then some carbon.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
cheers bronko love that motor of yours looks better every time I see it youll have to take me out in it so I can see what all the fuss is about:p. Congrats on the house buy :laughing:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Yeagh mate, just bought a daily. A mk4 Golf gttdi 130. It's a clean wee motor with full heated leather so will do me rightly. The vxr was a waste when i had it. I'm glad to see someone else enjoying it to be honest.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Good stuff. Well I use it every day as you know and although I keep it clean Iam not scared to use it. Lol. Looks like a trip to England next year possibly for a remap. :grinning:

BobSpounge

RMS Regular
Right decision. After the experience i had with torquetronix i'd be doing the same. Take it to courtenay, long journey but well worth it. I had a gsi turbo that was tuned by courtenay and it was epic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Right decision. After the experience i had with torquetronix i'd be doing the same. Take it to courtenay, long journey but well worth it. I had a gsi turbo that was tuned by courtenay and it was epic.
get all the stage 3 hardware first then make the trip,
car is looking great, how do you find the noise from the pipercross filter?

Ruth

RMS Regular
wish you would stop it with the pics.. making me miss it even more lol, it looks awesome, great work indeed! Glad to see this being well looked after.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks Ruth. Seen your evo last week or week before looks perfect. Standard spec engine wise? What's the finish like on the wheels after nu luk done them?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
Cheers guys. The pipercross noise I love but it could start to annoy me. Lol. If it does il go direct route.
i had direct route with the pipercross, would not do it again, cdti direct route is what i would do:grinning:

Ruth

RMS Regular
Thanks Ruth. Seen your evo last week or week before looks perfect. Standard spec engine wise? What's the finish like on the wheels after nu luk done them?

Thanks, few bits n pieces done to it. Yep great, my wheels were gloss black before hand, the faces were in good nick no kerbing etc, but the backs badly corroded with lots of paint flaking off etc which annoyed me :worried: The finish on the faces is perfect such a lovely colour too!

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Good to hear @Ruth as mine are going to be going to them there not bad just want them perfect though. @euge07 that's what I was looking at last night the cdti conversion maybe in the new year that'll do away with the crossover?

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Have been offered a car I've always wanted if it's not gone by tomorrow evening the other car is getting traded in. Spare of the moment thing mite never go lol.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
This it's another focus st. Lol. But I've been trying to buy this from I had my red one.its an 06 but there's only 4000 miles on it there's not a mark on it must be one of the lowest mileage ones about. And it's a steal of a price Iam getting it at near trade money so if the astra goes il be buying it astra needs away today or else it won't happen so well see.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.