Mini SE
Peroni reward

CB7E6D00-9321-4344-984E-59D9742CD50E.jpeg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
More of a Little Wing man myself.

Car looks great though, pass it most Wednesdays while on the nursery run!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Something as simple as that font being slightly smaller than normal makes all the difference. S3’s are a class act (y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Something as simple as that font being slightly smaller than normal makes all the difference. S3’s are a class act (y)

I hate metro plates so thought the 70mm standard font was a good compromise.
S3s are a fantastic mix of understated styling and pace. Still have a hankering for an RS3 or RS4 Avant but it’s hard to justify either to be honest

Reactions: DC.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
With the temperature dropping I took advantage of the dry day today. Swapped the winter wheels onto the S3 and the Mini. Really need to get a battery impact gun for this.
The summer wheels on the mini are more or less new so I’ll give them a clean up sometime before refitting them. There’s a few minor marks on the S3 wheels and one has lacquer peel so they’re going to Michael when I have a few quid spare. Rear bumper needs painted so that’ll take priority.
Not a great pic as it’s half on half off the kerb and the car is filthy (no tyre slick either 😊 )
Needs a clean inside and out. Good news is no more leaks in the boot 👍🏻

138BD3A2-D00D-474E-8636-D3360E71F02E.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Nothing much to report, just turned 42K

01CD4E1E-10AB-44E8-80EA-E52370E7D28D.jpeg

Gave the inside a good clean. All plastics and leather done with APC and a good going over with the Henry. Needs the carpets and mats done with the wet vac (need to buy one) but that can wait until spring. Refitted the Hatchbag in the boot too. Inside is still in great condition.
Will try to give it a wash tomorrow if it’s dry. Got a Makita impact wrench for Christmas so might try it out and do the rear hubs.
Now into my second year of the warranty so when it’s up I’ll either add another year or remap it (Revo) - got a good few months to decide. No notions of changing so I’ll get the bodywork niggles sorted in the Spring as I’ll be hanging on to this for a while longer.Need to decide who to get to paint it as the Panther Crystal effect paint looks like it might not be the handiest to match.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Nothing much to report, just turned 42K

View attachment 261456
Gave the inside a good clean. All plastics and leather done with APC and a good going over with the Henry. Needs the carpets and mats done with the wet vac (need to buy one) but that can wait until spring. Refitted the Hatchbag in the boot too. Inside is still in great condition.
Will try to give it a wash tomorrow if it’s dry. Got a Makita impact wrench for Christmas so might try it out and do the rear hubs.
Now into my second year of the warranty so when it’s up I’ll either add another year or remap it (Revo) - got a good few months to decide. No notions of changing so I’ll get the bodywork niggles sorted in the Spring as I’ll be hanging on to this for a while longer.Need to decide who to get to paint it as the Panther Crystal effect paint looks like it might not be the handiest to match.
Not sure where you are but go or KRCR you need to book in early though. Worth the wait did my mk2 golf and it was fantastic

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Guy in portstewart done my primer grey (nardo) rs3 and matched it perfectly .it turned into a bit of a nightmare but it was dealt with properly .would highly recommend them .cant remember his name of hand though I’m Sure someone will know it .

Last edited:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Not sure where you are but go or KRCR you need to book in early though. Worth the wait did my mk2 golf and it was fantastic

Guy in portstewart done my primer grey rs3 and matched it perfectly .it turned into a bit of a nightmare but it was dealt with properly .would highly recommend them .cant remember his name of hand though I’m Sure someone will know it .

Cheers guys 👍🏻 I’ve used J&W before and they’ve been excellent as have Blairs. Agnews were half decent on my M3 but very poor on my 130i. Wrights were probably the worst automotive experience I’ve ever had! Don’t mind paying or having to travel. It’s worth it to avoid the disappointment and ball ache.

Philljdm

RMS Regular
Drives
mk2.5 focus st
Revo all the way.

Yes have used kRCR and are professionists always booked up aswell so need booked well in advance

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Cheers guys 👍🏻 I’ve used J&W before and they’ve been excellent as have Blairs. Agnews were half decent on my M3 but very poor on my 130i. Wrights were probably the worst automotive experience I’ve ever had! Don’t mind paying or having to travel. It’s worth it to avoid the disappointment and ball ache.
AG in Portstewart is amazing.

AED88C4D-0DDE-4445-B0CD-DA134BEE50A1.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Finally managed to give it a clean. All Anachem stuff, Articulate, UltraFoam, Gleam, Ultragloss and Purge for the wheels as they were particularly bad. Rinsed with DI water and not dried as I was too lazy. Replaced front and rear wiper blades with Bosch Aerotwins.

9866C5A6-4C5C-4228-9997-5B109FDDEE7D.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Managed to clean the summer wheels (and the Mini ones) today. Really should have done them when I took them off. Needed a fair bit of cleaning, Bilberry x2 and a hit with Purge. Was going to get them refurbished but given the current situation I’ll put up with the minor defects for a while.

Before -

75F6CCDA-457F-49E6-A366-5CCA33981E70.jpeg

During -

F9D2354C-0B67-42DC-9FA3-92621BFBF05A.jpeg

BF02434A-AE54-4F37-B846-F57E8FB3D062.jpeg

A4E3CAED-5CF1-4F2D-8C43-C5A55AB06D4F.jpeg

After -

AB0CB074-5E40-494D-904E-D0EB51DAA546.jpeg

Will try to get them fitted tomorrow and paint the rear hubs.
Need to remove and refit the rear number plate as one of the stickies has failed. I’ll give it a clean inside and out and then it will be a clean driveway ornament 😜

Still needs the rear bumper painted and could do with a new coat of EXO.
I reckon I’m going to keep this for a while as I’ve no idea what way life is going to pan out so a new car is bottom of the priority list.
I may get it Revo’d when the warranty runs out to keep me interested. Was looking at some Racing Line bits and pieces in particular this lot

Not much point spending the guts of £700 at the minute though.

I’ll need to check my service schedule as I’m sure Audi think they’ll need £170 to tell me my car doesn’t need anything 🥺

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Managed to clean the summer wheels (and the Mini ones) today. Really should have done them when I took them off. Needed a fair bit of cleaning, Bilberry x2 and a hit with Purge. Was going to get them refurbished but given the current situation I’ll put up with the minor defects for a while.

Before -

View attachment 273407

During -

View attachment 273408

View attachment 273409

View attachment 273410

After -

View attachment 273411

Will try to get them fitted tomorrow and paint the rear hubs.
Need to remove and refit the rear number plate as one of the stickies has failed. I’ll give it a clean inside and out and then it will be a clean driveway ornament 😜

Still needs the rear bumper painted and could do with a new coat of EXO.
I reckon I’m going to keep this for a while as I’ve no idea what way life is going to pan out so a new car is bottom of the priority list.
I may get it Revo’d when the warranty runs out to keep me interested. Was looking at some Racing Line bits and pieces in particular this lot

Not much point spending the guts of £700 at the minute though.

I’ll need to check my service schedule as I’m sure Audi think they’ll need £170 to tell me my car doesn’t need anything 🥺
I have a contact for racing line products if your looking anything in the future .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
They now offer a mesh filter now instead of foam as in some examples to foam deteriorates so I’d recommend speccing it with the mesh filter

also get the inlet elbow and muffler

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
The racingline stuff is a great addition to these, I've fitted a few of them although the one with the cotton filter is a little more expensive but as @Boydie said they dont suffer from the same deterioration.

Ps... we now have dealers for Racingline in Northern ireland ;)
Do they do good discount? :p

pmk

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 8 AI400
I have the R600 fitted to my S3 saloon. It sounds well and is subtle enough. If you are looking for alot more sound then I would recommend the ramair kit.